HAIF Nano Contest

editor

I don't think so, Mac. I think the posts should get people talking and posting like crazy about any old thing, so that we can reach the magic number and I can win my NANO. Since this thread isn't really about anything. Why not do some number paddin'.

We could all just post a few hundred smily faces a day and leave it at that but that sounds so boring. In fact, I think the winner of the NANO contest shouldn't be random. It should go to the person who post the dirtiest joke by end of the month. I know that won't happen, but it probably would attract more postings.

Merry Fishmas.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think so, Mac. I think the posts should get people talking and posting like crazy about any old thing, so that we can reach the magic number and I can win my NANO. Since this thread isn't really about anything. Why not do some number paddin'.

We could all just post a few hundred smily faces a day and leave it at that but that sounds so boring. In fact, I think the winner of the NANO contest shouldn't be random. It should go to the person who post the dirtiest joke by end of the month. I know that won't happen, but it probably would attract more postings.

Merry Fishmas.

Well ... okay!

I am going to start a couple of new threads. Look for them.

What's being squeezed?

or is this whole song about poopi?

It's a song from the musical "The Music Man", which "Family Guy" used as an example of Peter showboating in the episode "Patriot Games".

They should have used a song from the musical "Show Boat".

I think I'm just gonna begin a running diary of my life until I win. This thread will be my notepad :) haha

Dear Journal,

I've never spent so much on a haircut today! I don't know if I see a difference. I'm affraid a hair stylist can never really know your head unless they do it all the time. Commercialization kills personalization.

I had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. What are you eating?

I just had the best Vietnamese sandwich I've ever had, and I've had a whole bunch of those. It was from a restaurant who's name I can't recall at Boone & Beechnut, next door to a noodle place.

I just had the best Vietnamese sandwich I've ever had, and I've had a whole bunch of those. It was from a restaurant who's name I can't recall at Boone & Beechnut, next door to a noodle place.
Hmmm, interesting. I can't say I've ever had a Vietnamese sandwich. I'll have to some day.
I haven't had lunch yet and I'm really hungry.
eat, eat! you're skin and bones. for goodness sakes, eat!

Hmmm, interesting. I can't say I've ever had a Vietnamese sandwich. I'll have to some day.

BBQ pork, carrots, jalapenos & mint on a buttered baguette. The place I went today had really good baguettes. If you live in Houston, you have an obligation to enjoy all the wonderful Vietnamese dishes we have here. Good Vietnamese food is one of the best things about this city.

BBQ pork, carrots, jalapenos & mint on a buttered baguette. The place I went today had really good baguettes. If you live in Houston, you have an obligation to enjoy all the wonderful Vietnamese dishes we have here. Good Vietnamese food is one of the best things about this city.

What a combination. BBQ (Texas), Jalapenos (Mexican), Baguette (French). Yep, that's Houston food.

... i start the new year with a NANO.
Over my dead body!
I had tortilla soup from our school cafeteria. It was good, even though it was on the salty side.
What a combination. BBQ (Texas), Jalapenos (Mexican), Baguette (French). Yep, that's Houston food.
Is BBQ really Texas? I know several states that would argue that they have dibs on it.

Hey this past saturday i order a Hamburger with Fries (drive Thru at Pappasitio) and the fries were great. I love french fries and these were great and it was a bucket. Well i do add extra ingredients when i got home like extra salt a little bit of jalapeno juice and ketchup and shaked the bucket. Oh i might have to go their for lunch today.

Hey this past saturday i order a Hamburger with Fries (drive Thru at Pappasitio) and the fries were great. I love french fries and these were great and it was a bucket. Well i do add extra ingredients when i got home like extra salt a little bit of jalapeno juice and ketchup and shaked the bucket. Oh i might have to go their for lunch today.

Pappasitio? or Pappasitos? Is that a typo?

If it's Pappasitos, I didn't know they had burgers and fries. I usually just get fajitas.

Pappasitio? or Pappasitos? Is that a typo?

If it's Pappasitos, I didn't know they had burgers and fries. I usually just get fajitas.

Oddly enough, most restaurants have hamburgers and fries on their menus. I think mostly for kids.

I think the BEST fries in this city go to Pappas (BBQ). They are incredible! And they give you a LOT of them.

I think it was Pappas (BBQ) they all sound the same to me.

Question.Does anyone else do this? Wash your hands after using the restroom and somehow always end up getting small splashes of water on your pants, making it look like you got some on you somehow on the back-splash while doin yo' bidness?

yes i grew up here but i call all of them pappas. Pappas BBQ, Pappasitos, Pappasitos Seafood and etc.
oh, alrighty

Archived