Broadstone Midtown Phase I & II: Multifamily At 3800 Main St.

KinkaidAlum

or the information being thrown around here is. Not sure. My guess is a company trying to sell land is more up to date than the nothingness floating around here is. But I don't know...just my guess.

Plus, if it was outdated, it'd be four years plus out of date since its been discussed at least that long.

this property is also currently listed on Commgate.

I think all of these renderings and annoucements are just landowners collaborating together to run up the price of area real estate. They figure if the oil speculators can get away with it, so can they.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

A high rise? At that intersection? Why would you want that?

This will help tie together the stuff north of alabama with the galleries etc a couple blocks south, and provide them with some foot traffic.

Now If we could just get sears to restore their building on wheeler...

I fear that this development might attract homeless people to midtown. Well...homeless until they've signed their lease.

Why can't they just squat? I think the developer should devote every other apartment to needy folks. This should encourage people to move in. Diversity or something.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So happy to see this lot filled in. It's my favorite part of Midtown (Continental Club, Nattachee's, Breakfast Klub, Julia's, The Ensemble, Sig's Lagoon, Big Top, Tacos-A-Go-Go, and that beautiful old Spanish-style apartment building). Plus, the connectivity to the Museums, TMC, Downtown, Montrose, HCC, UH, TSU, Rice, UST and more is so darn easy.

So many things have been proposed for this lot, ranging from 20 story office towers to medical clinics but at the end of the day, a solid midrise apartment is the best possible outcome.

You gotta be kidding me.

Facepalm.gif

When are they gonna learn? Do they not see whats going on right across the street?

I give up. Sorry for the complaining and negativity but, damn.

If there is stuff going on "right across the street", why must there be retail in the bottom of the apartment complex? Are the potential tenants incapable of walking "right across the street"? Why must the definition of a walkable neighborhood include no walking? 

I would post a facepalm pic of your obsession with ground floor retail, but instead I will just use yours for my comments.

• Like 1

I have to agree, I would think most people are capable of making it through the guided crosswalk at Alabama. There are literally six restaurants, two bars and the Continental Club within a couple blocks. The area is very walkable, and steps away from a light rail station.

Also, it's worth noting that plenty of residential buildings in Manhattan also lack ground-level retail...this isn't strictly a Houston phenomenon.

I love mixed-use developments with grown floor retail like most people, but as the barracuda stated, not every building in many walkable neighborhoods across the country has ground floor retail. As long as apartments are built pedestrian friendly with wide sidewalks, street furniture, ect, then I think it's a win for Midtown.

• Like 2