Broadstone Midtown Phase I & II: Multifamily At 3800 Main St.

KinkaidAlum

Did anyone else catch the "deal of the week" blurb in today's Biz section of the Chronicle?

Towards the end it makes mention of a 20 story medical office tower to be built at 3800 Main in Midtown. Says it will have 500,000 square feet and that it is 65% pre-leased (which leads me to believe it will break ground soon). A co-development between Greenberg + Company and Quality Infusion Care.

This would be a HUGE tower for Midtown and really stand out. Isn't the 3800 block near the 12 story HCC tower?

• Like 1

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5082113.html

...Separately, Quality Infusion Care and Greenberg & Co. plan to co-develop a medical office building at 3800 Main in Midtown. The proposed 20-story, 500,000-square-foot building is about 65 percent preleased. Greenberg estimated the building would be completed within two years.

that is right at Alabama...it's seems to be the vacant lot across Alabama from Julia's

Edited by sevfiv

<br /><a href="http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5082113.html" target="_blank">http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5082113.html</a><br /><br />that is right at Alabama...it's seems to be the vacant lot across Alabama from Julia's

i think that's where the restaurant used to be at, i THINK i have seen some dirt being moved around.

Awesome - there's so much empty space around there that really needs to be filled in.

Julia's is such a nice place, and the food is good, but sitting there looking out the window at en empty lot of crumbling concrete made me realize how awful the streetscape is in that part of Midtown. It can only get better...

i think that's where the restaurant used to be at, i THINK i have seen some dirt being moved around.

Which restaurant? The old Spanish-style one was in the 3500 block. The site has recently been cleaned up and partially repaved for use as a valet parking lot.

Site of the former New Orleans Po' Boys would be the block just south of the one being developed.

i noticed a crane over in that area, near hcc, on friday.

The crane you noticed is for HCC. They are expanding the central campus. The rendering I saw for a 2 story glass structure attached to the original Houston High School Bldg looked pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure this was one of the two proposed sites of the doctor-owned medical buildings that were set to go up in Midtown. The other one is further north near the Pierce Elevated. I thought that it had died... There is a thread with renderings somewhere here.

There was a similar building proposed in the Museum District at Crawford and Binz called Binz Med Corp. In April I emailed the address at www.binzmedcorp.com and they said it was supposed to be going up this year, but I've heard nothing since then...

I'm pretty sure this was one of the two proposed sites of the doctor-owned medical buildings that were set to go up in Midtown. The other one is further north near the Pierce Elevated. I thought that it had died... There is a thread with renderings somewhere here.

Those two did die. They were both going to be physician owned towers that were 15 stories tall.

This new proposal is 20 stories and I suspect will have a much different looking design since it will also contain a ton of square footage (500,000). That said, this is proposed for the same site on Main St. in Midtown (corner of Alabama).

Actually those pipes are sitting on a different empty lot closer to the church on Main (one block south of there). I guess there isn't any activity on the 3800 Main block... yet.

Every time I drive by I am amazed at how much empty space there is in this area. There's the little oasis of Julia's, Taco A Go-Go, Continental Club, etc., but the rest of the area is dominated by empty lots and abandoned buildings.

Didn't some investor do some deal with Metro in this area with a parcel of land? Some kind of sale and lease back with an option for Metro to buy if nothing is developed during the term? I seem to remember some sort of crazy deal like that in the area. I think the area was dealt a serious blow when a drug and alcohol rehab center went into the old Days Inn.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I would kind of prefer if Midtown was all low-rise buildings. A single 20-story building popping up in the middle of a neighborhood never looks that great.

It's an absolute waste of space to let Midtown be developed as low rise, low density properties. Hopefully this building will help with the infill process in Midtown, with dense properties that will bring more individuals, more foot traffic, and more opportunities for street level business in the area.

It's an absolute waste of space to let Midtown be developed as low rise, low density properties. Hopefully this building will help with the infill process in Midtown, with dense properties that will bring more individuals, more foot traffic, and more opportunities for street level business in the area.

I completely agree. Midtown has the street grid, light rail, and bus service to be able to handle this type of development quite well. I'd love to see the major North-South corridors filled with 10-25 story towers between the Pierce Elevated and the Museum District.

I completely agree. Midtown has the street grid, light rail, and bus service to be able to handle this type of development quite well. I'd love to see the major North-South corridors filled with 10-25 story towers between the Pierce Elevated and the Museum District.

All true. And I would love to see Midtown densely developed as well. Only thing is, I don't think there is sufficient demand to support that kind of dense development. Not in our lifetimes. In the meantime I would prefer to see Midtown remain lowrise, with new skyscrapers going downtown, especially south downtown, and at Galleria.

Is ths 2004 HBJ article talking about this same place?

http://www.qicinc.net/images/press/article4.pdf

And looks like this one was written in 2007

http://www.qicinc.net/images/press/article1.pdf

Just found this. Is it the same land? They're marketing it for residential.

http://www.greenbergcompany.com/Portals/0/...20Main_Sale.pdf

Edited by lockmat

yeah same area. your link must be outdated

or the information being thrown around here is. Not sure. My guess is a company trying to sell land is more up to date than the nothingness floating around here is. But I don't know...just my guess.

Plus, if it was outdated, it'd be four years plus out of date since its been discussed at least that long.

Edited by lockmat