Poll: How much do HAIFers make?

Ralo

How much do HAIFers make?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What is your annual salary before taxes? (exclude benefits, bonuses, etc)

• Less than $40000
    • Between $40,000 and $60,000
    • Between $60,000 and $80,000
    • Between $80,000 and $100,000
    • Over $100,000
  2. 2. Are you male or female?

• I am male
    • I am female
  3. 3. What is your race?

• White
    • Black
    • Hispanic (not white)
    • Asian
    • Indian
    • Middle Eastern
    • Other

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't India considered "Asia Minor?"

So a kid from that region could be considerd an Asian Minor Minor.

OR..

If they work in the mining industry:

An Asia minor Miner.

But if they're underage:

Asia Minor Minor Miner.

Sorry. Too much coffee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really glad to say that I represent women in the 5th bracket (crazy - cuz 2 years ago I was in the 2nd bracket - moving to Houston has been very good to me)

Awsome! There need to be more of us up there!!! Pending a succesful performance appraisal next month, I should be joining you. In my case moving back to Houston was good.

Awsome! There need to be more of us up there!!! Pending a succesful performance appraisal next month, I should be joining you. In my case moving back to Houston was good.

Way to go! I am glad that my daughter sees that you don't have to be a man or get married to one in order to earn a fantastic income!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just know I am seriously underpaid.

I would pay you more if I could. I had a public school education, and state college. Teachers are woefully underpaid. There are some bad ones, but the right kind of teacher is worth their weight in gold. For families that can't do private schools and private colleges, it' so very important.

• 3 weeks later...
I would pay you more if I could. I had a public school education, and state college. Teachers are woefully underpaid. There are some bad ones, but the right kind of teacher is worth their weight in gold. For families that can't do private schools and private colleges, it' so very important.

See, this is my personal "button." People are always whining about the cost of this and willing to pay for some luxury item, but we don't pay the people in our society that help educate the very people that will (god help us) replace is in a generation.

For the first couple of years out of college they are under constant financial stress due to college loans and are under attack from kids and apathetic parents. You add school administrators that seem to care more about their own careers and that damned TAKS test and its a wonder that we can get anyone to teach in that field to begin with.

But put in a plan to give teachers a raise and improve (or build) schools, people will, most of the time vote no.

It really is sad. I have several friends who are teachers and they are considering leaving the profession because of the working conditions (that you mentioned). It's really sad how we blame teachers for the problems with the students and testing, but put none of the same emphasis on the effective parenting.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely, I was out at howl at the moon and on the message board I put up "Teachers deserve more money!" (My date was a teacher) and the comments that were written down was absolutely amazing.

Finally a herd of teachers came in (didn't know it at the time) and put up a snazzy comment that wasn't replied to. After I found out, I bought them all a drink.

• 2 months later...
^I'll join you. Academia. Alas.

Here's a good academia salary story for ya: Cap'n Crunch was a professor (adjunct) at UH (comm dept) with the 2nd highest class load (comm theory, screenwriting, plus audio/video production labs) and he quit to go work in IT at the help desk because it paid so much more. Now he's moved on to a better gig away from needy profs and their Mac issues, but still..... At this point, if he finished his PhD and went back to teaching, he'd still start at less than he's making as a business systems analyst.

Archived