Home inspector recommendation

indian73

I am planning to buy a house in Houston. It is a big house and has a lot of hi-tech stuff. Things like pre-wired for speakers, motion sensor lights, dimmers in each room, elevator etc etc.

I am looking for recommendation on a good home inspector who knows electrical cricuits very well.

It's a fairly new house (1998).

Thank you in advance.

I am planning to buy a house in Houston. It is a big house and has a lot of hi-tech stuff. Things like pre-wired for speakers, motion sensor lights, dimmers in each room, elevator etc etc.

I am looking for recommendation on a good home inspector who knows electrical cricuits very well.

Thank you in advance.

www.gracehis.com

If I were you, I would hire and inspector AND an electrician. Have to do that to get the best inspection you can.

I highly recommend Dev Nandlel. He really did a thorough job on my home inspection in April. He's a true professional who helped me save a ton on my closing costs with the seller. His contact info is:

Dev Nandlal

A&K Real Estate Services, Inc.

Texas Professional Inspector

TREC# 7487

713-298-5166 cell

713-589-3549 office

Dev.Nandlal@ankrealestate.com

visit us at www.ankrealestate.com

Tell him Josh Burdick sent ya!

Thank you in advance.

the motion sensors/dimmers you could check yourself. the elevator? i'd say that is a specialty item.

if it is stucco, hire a person who specializes in stucco. i mentioned that to a coworker who was looking at a house. inspector said there was ~20k in water damage that you really couldn't see.

Thank you in advance.

Bob Lovelace.

I used him this past year, great recommendation.

Thank you all. The house is a brick exterior. Is there anything special that I need to be aware of? Like you mentioned about the stucco?

i'd say brick is more foolproof than stucco so you most likely wouldn't needed a special inspector.

We've been using USInspect (USInspect.com) for nearly 3 years now with nothing but great feedback from our clients. I particularly like working with Mike Elmore and Jerry Arnold. I know their prices tend to be a tad more expensive but they are reliable, give great customer service, and are always willing to educate our clients during the inspection process which I believe is invaluable.

I've never used any of them, but see if they provide a copy of their inspection reports? I believe they all have to use the standard report, but the good inspectors in my experience will include a final comments page (to break everything down in lamens terms) and pictures of the main issues they found.

Also ask if it's okay for you to attend and ask questions while they are inspecting. Good inspectors will be passionate about what they do and are willing to educate you on things to look out for when buying a home.

I have used Criterium-Farrell on 2 or 3 of my own personal purchases. I was exteremely happy with the inspector (it was not Pat Farell himself), his knowledge and his report. They cost a little more than just a state certified inspector, but getting an inspection and report from a degreed engineer is worth it in my opinion.

Does anyone know of an inspector that has worked in the downtown residential buildings? e.g. with experience of problems unique to lofts/highrises - older buildings that have been rehabbed.

Archived