Trimming neighbors trees on property line

I've got a tree company coming out this week to do some trimming on my live oak. My neighbor also has a live oak that is severly overgrown and comes across my property line in many places. My question is... Do I have the right to cut my neighbors tree at the property line?

Thanks in advance.

it is the neighbor's responsibility, particularly if it could cause damage to your house. is it diseased?

the nice thing to do would be to split the cost or something like that but legally there's no need to. the neighbor should maintain their trees.

it is the neighbor's responsibility, particularly if it could cause damage to your house. is it diseased?

the nice thing to do would be to split the cost or something like that but legally there's no need to. the neighbor should maintain their trees.

At this point I'm not worried about splitting cost as it's a rent house and the owner lives in Germany, and couldn't give a damn about the property. As far as it's health... The tree is very healthy.

As I said, I'll take care of the bill but I don't want to cut the tree unless it's legal. I've always assumed that I was within my right, however I want to be sure.

At this point I'm not worried about splitting cost as it's a rent house and the owner lives in Germany, and couldn't give a damn about the property. As far as it's health... The tree is very healthy.

As I said, I'll take care of the bill but I don't want to cut the tree unless it's legal. I've always assumed that I was within my right, however I want to be sure.

Owner of your rental house lives in Germany? or owner of neighboring house with overgrown tree?

Owner of your rental house lives in Germany? or owner of neighboring house with overgrown tree?

Sifu, Gary owns his home, the neighbor's house is a rental who's owner lives in Germany.

Gary more than likely the renter isn't gonna care at all. If there is noone occupying the house currently, well, I won't tell if you won't.

Sifu, Gary owns his home, the neighbor's house is a rental who's owner lives in Germany.

Gary more than likely the renter isn't gonna care at all. If there is noone occupying the house currently, well, I won't tell if you won't.

I actually gave it a good trimming a few years ago when it was unoccupied. Now however, I'm worried about the new tennant. She is NOT very nice.

If you live in a really strict Deed Restrictions enforced community you might look into that. Or ask the tree company you hired the question. I usually cut the neighbors branches where you got a least 10' clearance under them, you now she going to come out when she hears the chainsaws start. :unsure::P

Wait til that witch goes to work, then YOU go to work. >:) >:):lol:

You read my mind. She's a nurse and works evenings/nights, so I had my crew come out around 4:30 and they got the job done. The crew did a great job and charged me half of what I paid another company last year, and for the same amount of work.

Thanks for everyones input. Oh and the tree's look great.

Now, do you think she'll notice?

probably not. She doesn't take good care of her lawn and is hardly outside, so i can't imagine that she'll notice. My real concern was her seeing the trimming being done, and then making a big stink out of it. Anyway, her tree (at least on my side) looks alot better now.

She might appreciate the better air circulation and enjoy her backyard better, especially when you crank the BBQ pit up. :D

Not to mention the next big storm.

The rains we had just last week brought down about 3 very large trees around my area. City had to come remove them as they were laying on powerlines and the one 2 houses down fell and landed on neighbors cars & fence across the street. I had called 311 about 6 months ago to remove that specific one and they said it wasnt for them to deal with. Oh and all of these 3 trees were hollow inside, same old story. Squirrel & rat condo's.

Archived