Venue Museum District

The project is a 6-story mid rise epicore (light steel) construction on top of 2-story podium garage.

Project Name: Venue Museum District

Project Location: The project will be located in the 5300 block of Fannin, Houston's affluent Museum District - home to the city's major art institutions.

Number of Units: 219

Net Rentable Area: 287,897 square feet

Average Unit Size: 1,315 square feet

Land Area: 1.296 acres

I think a renaming of the thread is due. Entered onto the great list at towers.com

Edited by ricco67

Truly, plus I'm trying to remember exactly what is in that area (my Alzheimers will pass shortly), but it should had a substantial boost to the area.

MFAH and ZaZa to the south, churches to the west, townhomes to the east, and Floral Row or whatever to the north.

No retail, but it will at least give some more action to the Museum District station on the Red Line, which is just a couple of blocks south.

Thanks! I was trying to remember that. There are are some old apartments on the east side of the tracks, a new Weather museum(!), plus The Park Plaza Hospital is within easy walking distance as well.

So the north there isn't much, and it might be a retail deadzone for a couple of years. The Nearest grocery store is Disco Kroger, but some good eating is over at the Chelsea street area.

EDIT: For those not familiar with the area: Google Map View

Edited by ricco67

Thanks! I was trying to remember that. There are are some old apartments on the east side of the tracks, a new Weather museum(!), plus The Park Plaza Hospital is within easy walking distance as well.

So the north there isn't much, and it might be a retail deadzone for a couple of years. The Nearest grocery store is Disco Kroger, but some good eating is over at the Chelsea street area.

EDIT: For those not familiar with the area: Google Map View

There's that Fiesta at the south edge of Midtown. Although, that is kind of the ratty area of Midtown.

Does the church next door own the parking lot to the south of this project?

There's that Fiesta at the south edge of Midtown. Although, that is kind of the ratty area of Midtown.

Does the church next door own the parking lot to the south of this project?

I believe you're correct as far as parking goes. They were so full, they even used a good sized portion of the Museum's lot as well as some street parking along oakdale on both sides of main, prospect, and Calumet.

Totally forgot about the Fiesta, but now that brings to mind the excellent day care/Montessori schools on Wentworth St/Caroline streets. Going along that path, that Sears, Julia's and neighboring businesses should fare quite well once the residents discover these areas.

I believe you're correct as far as parking goes. They were so full, they even used a good sized portion of the Museum's lot as well as some street parking along oakdale on both sides of main, prospect, and Calumet.

Totally forgot about the Fiesta, but now that brings to mind the excellent day care/Montessori schools on Wentworth St/Caroline streets. Going along that path, that Sears, Julia's and neighboring businesses should fare quite well once the residents discover these areas.

I would think the residents of this complex would much rather travel a little further to the Randalls or Kroger in Midtown than go into that Fiesta unless they clean up the area around it.

I go to that Midtown Fiesta sometimes and the store itself sucks (not to mention the surrounding blocks). Half of the food I look at in there has already expired. The Fiesta on Dunlavy is much nicer (although smaller), and isn't that much farther to drive.

I go to that Midtown Fiesta sometimes and the store itself sucks (not to mention the surrounding blocks). Half of the food I look at in there has already expired. The Fiesta on Dunlavy is much nicer (although smaller), and isn't that much farther to drive.

Actually, the Fiesta down near Reliant is really a good one and there's a nice Kroger and Super Target near Main and Kirby. All of these are not really that far either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they just put a crane up on this site today! I saw it from a distance (I live a few blocks away) but I don't see why else a crane would be going up in that part of town...

Actually, the Fiesta down near Reliant is really a good one and there's a nice Kroger and Super Target near Main and Kirby. All of these are not really that far either.

I think there's reason to hope for a supermarket on Almeda one of these days. Lots of new residential in the Museum District with nowhere to shop; not to mention the Third Ward with not much more than the neighborhood beer & soda stores.

Almeda has lots of sketchy fried chicken places at least. :P

And we have the sketchy Fiesta at Wheeler Station!

Actually, I'd rather drive to the Dunlavy Fiesta, there's too much rotten food at the Wheeler one. It's only one mile further than the Wheeler one. Still, I agree, it would be nice to have a new grocery store near by.

Edited by Jax

And we have the sketchy Fiesta at Wheeler Station!

Actually, I'd rather drive to the Dunlavy Fiesta, there's too much rotten food at the Wheeler one. It's only one mile further than the Wheeler one. Still, I agree, it would be nice to have a new grocery store near by.

This has not been my impression at all. I've found the Wheeler Fiesta to have consistently high quality produce -- better than "Pee On Me" Kroger's, at the very least.

Haha.

Seriously. I keep buying stuff at the fiesta in midtown only to find out that one of my items each trip already expired a month before I bought it. Last time it was salami or something like that. I need to read the labels more carefully I guess, but that never happens at the other Fiesta. The fruits and veggies always seem kind of old there too.

Haha.

Seriously. I keep buying stuff at the fiesta in midtown only to find out that one of my items each trip already expired a month before I bought it. Last time it was salami or something like that. I need to read the labels more carefully I guess, but that never happens at the other Fiesta. The fruits and veggies always seem kind of old there too.

Check out the Fiesta Main & OST/Kirby. They've got an awesome fish market.

Edited by rsb320

So yeah, back to topic...

I love this new development. Since I go to St. Paul's church, this is perfect for me. If I ever tire of my place in Eastwood, I would move here.

It's so nice for the inner loop to be in a residential Boom :)

• 2 months later...

That would be awesome if they were (as long as it wasn't going to stay as an empty lot).

I could see myself moving into this place some day if I had the money, and if I stay in Houston longer term than my PhD.