HURRICANE DEAN - Path/Landfall/Intensity Predictions

tmariar

"10:00 a.m. UPDATE: There's little change in the five-day forecast track of Dean, which brings a powerful Category 3 hurricane into Northern Mexico late Wednesday night. The immediate concern is Jamaica and the Yucatan, with the forecasters calling for an incredibly powerful 160-mph, Category 5 system to hit the latter in two days time. In their discussion the forecasters also confirm what we discussed below, the movement of the upper-level low across the northern Gulf. At this time the upper low continues to appear as though it will move ahead of Dean. If this holds true Dean will indeed make landfall in northern Mexico next week. As a result, Houston remains outside the cone of uncertainty for Dean. I'll update this afternoon when the new models are in and we're within about four days of a final landfall."

CANCUN, Mexico, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Authorities began evacuating residents of the Mexican Caribbean on Saturday and tourists in Cancun cleared supermarkets shelves as the luxury resort braced for its second ferocious hurricane in two years....Mexican navy and army officers evacuated 2,500 people from the small island of Holbox and helped fishing communities to shelters on higher ground. Hotel owners and state officials in Cancun were to decide when to move some 40,000 tourists later on Saturday.

Pictures of Martinique from the Globe and Mail

dean_500big.jpg

Bush hates people.

Espesically black ones.....

Looks like I picked the wrong presidential term in which to move to a black neighborhood. I'm screwed. Dean will make landfall in Galveston, then skip over the lily-white suburbs and proceed directly to 3rd Ward.

Dammit!

My wife also picked the wrong month to travel to Jamaica. She leaves at the end of August.

My wife also picked the wrong month to travel to Jamaica. She leaves at the end of August.

Or maybe she picked the best time. I've heard that the hotels usually have their lowest rates right after a hurricane when there's few customers left.

what does it say about puma's hd dvd vs blu ray dilemma?

It says "I don't know", but my gut feeling still say's Corpus Christi. I guess over time we will see who's magic is better. :ph34r:

Archived