War Zone On FM 1960?

musicman

they just had an interesting story on 13 news. an amateur cameraman photograph massive gunfire in the louis shanks parking lot near some clubs. hopefully it will be on their website shortly. it sure did capture the attention of the harris county sheriffs dept.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dozens of gunshots were heard on videotape that was taken last Friday night. The man was at a strip center at FM 1960 and I-45 that was crowded with hundreds of people when the shots rang out.

On weeknights, the Northside parking lot is quiet and empty. But around 3am Saturday, dozens gunshots rang out there. From our best count, it was 29 in all, fired in a parking lot full of hundreds of people.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...&id=5573753

I have a relative that used to live in that area, they left as it has been going down since you-know-what-storm hit NO. Past topics support why they area has gone to pot. About a year ago there was a big raid on prostitution at the corners of 45 and 1960. Men and women. Go to get gas at the nearby Race Track gas station and hmmmm. FEMA recovery center was placing hundreds of new tenants to surrounding apts & homes in that same area. I worked there weekends and can prove that and I know a person that was actually commended for relocating folks there among other locals around Houston. Ok, let me time my watch to see the 1st negative reply I get. Works every time. Like Popeye's Gotta luv it! :lol:

I'm guessing all these folks were using METRO to get up there and party ?

No, I would wager it's the apartments right there. I remember reading a story not too long ago about them finding a body on the 45 feeder road at Hollow tree (1 blk north of 1960) that had been a hit and run, at least twice. The immediate area is apparently starting to show the signs of all those complexes.

You have a glut right at the northeast corner of 45 & 1960, then all of the ones at Cypress Station, a bunch up Red Oak behind the hospital, then all down Ella Blvd from 1960 all the way to the Northborough area. None of them are going to win any awards.

Its unfortunate for the subdivisions closest to all that. Westador especially and even Ponderosa Forest. Both are absolutely beautiful neighborhoods.

I'm guessing all these folks were using METRO to get up there and party ?

Got worse when bus line was added.

I guess on a fun note if someone is looking for a hooker, hell they are all over the city now. This is where the partying comes into play. :rolleyes: Plenty of cheap motel's in them there parts too. There one popular one called the Trojan. Bring your AK-47 though.

Got worse when bus line was added.

I'm not accusing you of exageration or anything, but this comment is very interesting. Could you provide some proof that the area got worse when the bus line went in? I am curious when the bus line started, what the crime rate was before the line started, and what it was immediately afterward. This issue came up in another thread, and it was never really answered. Your wealth of knowledge about these things could really help us settle this issue.

I look forward to reading the statistics that you provide.

Exaggeration is exactly what it was to get your blood boiling once again, haa-haa! It worked! I didn't even know there were buses roaming that area?

Since your monitoring my every move on this forum, I figured I may as well make it fun.

Gotta love ya Red! Your A-ok in my book. Friends to the end!

Exaggeration is exactly what it was to get your blood boiling once again, haa-haa! It worked! I didn't even know there were buses roaming that area?

So, are you suggesting that you made up the comment that busses made the area worse? You're saying that you DID exagerate? I don't understand why you would intentionally disparage an area when you have no facts to back it up. Could you explain?

Isn't this a reference from the post regarding the hoochie-mamma who was car jacked on Champions Forest?

They blamed her stupidity on Metro.

Sure is. No one ever provided proof that adding bus lines increases crime there, either. I have heard this urban legend repeated for years, mostly by paranoid whites, but I have never seen it proven. Surely, SOMEONE has studied this issue, since so many claim it to be true. I just thought that since Vertigo doesn't exagerate, he may be able to provide some guidance.

But, alas, he said he was exagerating. :o

Isn't this a reference from the post regarding the hoochie-mamma who was car jacked on Champions Forest?

They blamed her stupidity on Metro.

You are 100% correct. Just a jab at the whole "METRO caused this." thing, which is B.S.

I don't think anyone blamed her "stupidity" on Metro. I think part of the increase in unsavory characters was blamed on Metro's hauling them up and down FM 1960. I've personally witnessed these skanks at the bus stops passing joints, intoxicated, vomiting, etc. Prior to Metro's arrival, these social dependents really had no reason being out on FM 1960. There weren't nearly as many apartments and it was much harder for somebody on the dole to live and get around the area. Metro facilitates the movement of a population of people with a far higher incidence of criminal activity than the typical suburban taxpaying family demographic that dominates the area. Some will try to explain away this increase in crime as mere 'xenophobia', but realists will toss aside the 'feel-goodism' and tell it like it is.

I think it all depends upon what perspective you look at the issue. Are you married? Do you have children? A family to raise?

Somebody here apparently has an issue with these "paranoid" white suburban families. Brings it up all the time when trolling the suburban boards and is very judgemental in his usual diatribes. Some sort of deep-seated self-loathing from his childhood?

So, can you cite the source of this perspective? Is it merely your perspective? I really want to see the study that shows that busses cause these problems. If you could provide the study that shows this, I may join you in your perspective. Otherwise, I will be forced to remain skeptical. It shouldn't be that hard to find. I've heard this theory for at least 20 years. Surely, it wasn't just imagined by people....was it?

It was only a matter of time before 1960 and Champions went into the crapper. Don't blame the bus riders. Blame the white devils who all moved from 1960 to Glenlock Farms fleeing the bus riders.

Glenlock Farms. Oy freakin vey. That place is craptastic.

Yeah, that I've spent too much time in the suburbs. Thanks for providing the substance to your "perspective".

Yet you're strangely compelled to troll the suburban boards daily to delight us with your enlightened perspective...

It was only a matter of time before 1960 and Champions went into the crapper. Don't blame the bus riders. Blame the white devils who all moved from 1960 to Glenlock Farms fleeing the bus riders.

Champions isn't in the crapper, and per capita crime rates in the FM 1960 area are likely much lower than where you live. I know, I lived there for 5 years.

Glenlock Farms. Oy freakin vey. That place is craptastic.

While Gleannloch is miles from FM 1960 (about the same distance as the Heights from the Galleria Area), it is 'craptastic'

08521d9d50cf-6329b0f0-d4d9-11db-c100.jpg

Yuck. Golf.

banneraboutus.jpg

Eeeeewwww. Horses.

recreation.jpg

Oh no! Sailboats, lakes, pools and trees!

Hell on Earth at Gleannloch Farms.

So, can you cite the source of this perspective? Is it merely your perspective? I really want to see the study that shows that busses cause these problems. If you could provide the study that shows this, I may join you in your perspective. Otherwise, I will be forced to remain skeptical. It shouldn't be that hard to find. I've heard this theory for at least 20 years. Surely, it wasn't just imagined by people....was it?

You must take into account that some people on these boards think intuitively and are able to just "get" something without needing study results. I see nothing wrong with someone forming a perspective based on intuition. One thing that is undeniable, however, is that the 1960 and 45 intersection has gone down quite a bit since the early 90s. Any homeowner around there who has been living there a couple decades can see this. I'm not sure about a correlation between Metro and crime increases, but I can say, without a study, that having a Metro line between 45 and Willowbrook fosters the movement of criminals, which makes crimes more likely to occur in areas that wouldn't otherwise have much, if any, crime (i.e. Champions/Centerfield/Willowbrook). As for the incident in that parking lot, it was simply a matter of the seediness of that area. If the homeowners of Ponderosa and Westador really cared, they would stand their ground and retake control of their area instead of hiding in their homes or moving further north.

The whole joke about the METRO thing earlier, was that ALL these folks were in cars of their own, @ 3am. METRO doesn't even run at that time. If was PROOF, that METRO had nothing to do with the element that is committing such crimes. If it is the opinion of some posters that because of METRO that there has been an increase in Hooligans then that is a different story, but the poster/posters seem to claim it as FACT in their posts.....IMO.

You must take into account that some people on these boards think intuitively and are able to just "get" something without needing study results. I see nothing wrong with someone forming a perspective based on intuition. One thing that is undeniable, however, is that the 1960 and 45 intersection has gone down quite a bit since the early 90s. Any homeowner around there who has been living there a couple decades can see this. I'm not sure about a correlation between Metro and crime increases, but I can say, without a study, that having a Metro line between 45 and Willowbrook fosters the movement of criminals, which makes crimes more likely to occur in areas that wouldn't otherwise have much, if any, crime (i.e. Champions/Centerfield/Willowbrook). As for the incident in that parking lot, it was simply a matter of the seediness of that area. If the homeowners of Ponderosa and Westador really cared, they would stand their ground and retake control of their area instead of hiding in their homes or moving further north.

Most sensible response yet. Thank you,

45/1960 vicinity has gone down and lets just stop talking about buses. Someone above mentioned apts nearby, etc it makes sense. As I also mentioned earlier FEMA placed hundreds of people here and no not all one color so everyone get off of that. So sick of the race card cop out.

Leave us blue-eyed, wonderbread devils be for a change. Oy vey!

While Gleannloch is miles from FM 1960 (about the same distance as the Heights from the Galleria Area), it is 'craptastic'

08521d9d50cf-6329b0f0-d4d9-11db-c100.jpg

Yuck. Golf.

banneraboutus.jpg

Eeeeewwww. Horses.

recreation.jpg

Hell on Earth at Gleannloch Farms.

I've never been there. Is there an actual farm within this neighborhood? I'm not sure how there can be a horse in a stable within a neighborhood. Looks very peaceful and pleasant, but also very boring and gimmicky. If I'm going to live in one of kind of places like you see advertised in the Sunday Homes section, I'll take Harper's Landing. At least you have the Woodlands town center close by and not too far from Lake Conroe. Gleanloch Farms is about 8 miles from the Woodlands and about 8 miles from 1960, and it sounds like a brand of grocery products. I'd also take Longwood for the modest sounding name that doesn't have the word "ranch or farm" in it, and also for the excellent design of the neighborhood and the beautiful looking homes that are not cookie cutter like other neighborhoods of that sort.

Again. Prove that the busses caused it. I'll even give you a starting point. The Mac-10 Fest in the FM 1960 parking lot occurred on a Friday night at 3:00 am. METRO's 86 Crosstown stops running at 11:30 pm. How did those hundreds of people get there if METRO stopped running 3 hours earlier? And, how did they manage to clear out before the cops got there?

I've seen some of the "intuition" on this board, and it is hideous. Some on this board could not intuit their way out of a wet paper bag. I recall YOUR intuition in a Heights thread a few weeks back. You weren't even close.

Now, is anyone going to find that busses bring crime study, or am I going to have to rely on some of the brilliant intuition displayed on this board?

Note: I am not disputing that 1960 has seen its share of problems increase in the last 20 years. That video does not lie. I am specifically asking some of the rocket scientists here to show me where METRO caused it, as has been alleged. Because, frankly, all of these thugs in the video appear to have rides.

Again. Prove that the busses caused it. I'll even give you a starting point. The Mac-10 Fest in the FM 1960 parking lot occurred on a Friday night at 3:00 am. METRO's 86 Crosstown stops running at 11:30 pm. How did those hundreds of people get there if METRO stopped running 3 hours earlier? And, how did they manage to clear out before the cops got there?

I've seen some of the "intuition" on this board, and it is hideous. Some on this board could not intuit their way out of a wet paper bag. I recall YOUR intuition in a Heights thread a few weeks back. You weren't even close.

Now, is anyone going to find that busses bring crime study, or am I going to have to rely on some of the brilliant intuition displayed on this board?

Note: I am not disputing that 1960 has seen its share of problems increase in the last 20 years. That video does not lie. I am specifically asking some of the rocket scientists here to show me where METRO caused it, as has been alleged. Because, frankly, all of these thugs in the video appear to have rides.

Look it up then already...

Archived