South By Southwest Music Convention And Houston

terrbo

I heard from a friend, as we were talking about South By Southwest music convention in Austin, and he said that this con got its start in Houston. He didn't give much detail. Anyone know about this?

I heard from a friend, as we were talking about South By Southwest music convention in Austin, and he said that this con got its start in Houston. He didn't give much detail. Anyone know about this?

Your friend is wrong. The South by Southwest music and film festivals -- SxSW -- have always been in Austin. Check it out. http://www.sxsw.com/history/

He is probably thinking of the "New Music America" event which took place in Houston in 1986

He is probably thinking of the "New Music America" event which took place in Houston in 1986

wouldn't be surprised. the date sounds about right. Do you know anything about the New Music America event?

and yep, "con" is abbreviation for convention.. we go to many film ones, and always call em cons. No disrespect meant!

• The title was changed to South By Southwest Music Convention And Houston?
  • The title was changed to South By Southwest Music Convention And Houston

Archived