Alta Lofts At Hermann Park: Multifamily At 1 Hermann Park Circle Dr.

I really prefer a couple of other properties in Downtown and in W. University but there are no vacancies until at least October. Thus my search has brought me to Alta Lofts.

Can anyone share any experiences with this property?

The units look nice. And they seem to be within walking distance of Metro

• Like 1

When I looked at it it seemed expensive, and the management wasn't too nice to us. They wouldn't show us a unit without an appointment first, but the prices were too high so we left. I know there are cheaper apartments closer to the metro rail and closer to Hermann Park, although they might not be "lofts". So depending on what you want, you might wanna look around.

A friend of mine used to live there. She left since they were raising her rent about $100. They are a bit pricey for what you get. My wife and I were thinking about moving there since she goes to UH and I work at Kirby@610. We weren't moving until the end of June and they would only hold a unit for 30 days. Within the 2 weeks we looked and the beginning of June, the unit we wanted was gone. No big deal though, we found a nicer place for the same price elsewhere.

my thoughts echo previous posters' - when i was looking, there were definitely other places that offer more for less.

not sure what your price range is, but it looks like it'll cost about a thousand to get in the midrise apartment with a bedroom door (the smaller "one bedrooms" don't seem to actually have bedrooms). the highrises start out at $965, but they're only 587 square feet (and none have enclosed bedrooms).

btw - they call the midrise apartments the four story building, and the "highrise" the ten story.

the "highrise" used to be St. Anthony Center, which might make for some interesting "activity" (if you're into paranormal type stuff). :P

Edited by sevfiv

Yeah that was another reason we did not stay - the one bedrooms that we could afford didn't have a door, or the walls did not go all the way to the ceiling, or something weird like that. We wanted a bedroom with a real door and a real wall so we could have visitors stay over in relative privacy.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, it was not my first choice, but like I said my preferred properties are completely occupied until at least October and I have to leave where I am now before then. My price range is under 1000 for a one bedroom or studio. More than anything I

Do you have a preference to a certain part of town?

The place I live should have open units. It's only been open since early this year.

Check it out: Broadstone W 18 Apts

I think they're still doing 2 months off with a 12 month lease so the prices are a bit cheaper than whats on the site. Also the bus stop is a stones throw away from the front door.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yesterday I stoped by Alta Lofts. At first I vistited the wrong property, as next to Alta lofts there is a similar looking leasing office for another complex. D'oh!

Anyways, I was turned off by the notion of having to pay to use their medical center shuttle. I thought it was a free service, but I guess I was wrong. Thus, my search continues.

• 8 months later...

I haven't stopped by, but I know 4 of my classmates have leased there... they're paying about $1187 for 700 sq.foot apartment with no doors. It seems kinda pricy to me as well, I have leased at Alexan Cityside in the Medical center for about $829 for 700 sq. foot. They do have so 800-900 sq. foot for under $1000 I would check. It's 5 minutes from the Med. Center so it works out well for me. They're also pretty nice apartments for the price... www.avanticityside.com

I haven't stopped by, but I know 4 of my classmates have leased there... they're paying about $1187 for 700 sq.foot apartment with no doors. It seems kinda pricy to me as well, I have leased at Alexan Cityside in the Medical center for about $829 for 700 sq. foot. They do have so 800-900 sq. foot for under $1000 I would check. It's 5 minutes from the Med. Center so it works out well for me. They're also pretty nice apartments for the price... www.avanticityside.com

Some people really like the hard loft concept, others despise it with a passion. I'm among the former, personally. There's nothing at all like polished concrete floors, 14-foot ceilings, and structural concrete and brick.

The place is under new ownership and management, too. They've even changed their name to Lofts at Hermann Park in an attempt to disassociate themselves from their former management.

But as much as I like it, the price isn't right for me. Too frugal.

• The title was changed to Alta Lofts At Hermann Park: Multifamily At 1 Hermann Park Cr. Dr.
  • The title was changed to Alta Lofts At Hermann Park: Multifamily At 1 Hermann Park Circle Dr.