Photo Thread Of My Day Trip To Galveston/The Strand

Today my girlfriend and I went to the Haak winery in Santa Fe, and we spent some time in Galveston on the seawall, and in the Strand.

We had a great time. Here are some photos from our trip.

On top of the pier at the Flagship hotel. Was cool to watch the fishermen catching fish and crabs off this pier.

DSC_1034.jpg

Smiling girlfriend Linda

DSC_1037.jpg

Hanging out with a large furry friend in the Strand

DSC_1039.jpg

This is the most I could push my tummy out to imitate our furry friend

DSC_1040.jpg

Street artist in the Strand. This guy painted amazing scenes, all with spraypaint cans.

DSC_1041.jpg

Historical buildings

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

Viewing upwards

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1045.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg

DSC_1049.jpg

DSC_1050.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1052.jpg

DSC_1053.jpg

DSC_1054.jpg

Beautiful Nsx in parking lot off the strand

DSC_1038.jpg

Old fashioned Ice cream parlor. Place was awesome! I LOVED The peanut butter chip ice cream!

DSC_1055.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the photos.

If any of you have any historical information on any of these buildings, please do share ! =)

I was there yesterday, too, visiting my parents in their new loft apartment, not but a couple of blocks (and within eyesight) from where many of your photos were taken. When I drove up, police and an EMT unit were blocking the street. The sidewalk was bloody, as were the set of wooden outdoor stairs leading up to the back door of my parents' unit. They were OK, but one of their neighbors had had a home invasion and had either been assaulted by a guy who cut up his hands on the broken window or she had assaulted the intruder with a knife. Somebody was lying, not sure who. What we do know with certainty is that a few minutes before that, he'd lobbed a chunk of concrete at her car. Probably a domestic dispute.

...and I have little doubt that there'll be more stories to come.

Thanks for the photos. I love Galveston and its historic buildings. I can't get enough.

Me too! I worship!

To get the real feel drive along nabe streets like Church, Post Office, etc PARK your car and walk as if you live there. You really go back in time. Plus you get best close up views of the Victorian jewels/homes that line the streets one after another. It's like bam, bam, bam non stop entertainment. :lol:

• The title was changed to Photo Thread Of My Day Trip To Galveston/The Strand

Archived