Cypress Mill Estates Subdivision

hardygirl

What is happening at the Cypress Mill Estates subdivision??? (located on Cypress Rosehill and 290). There are so many houses for sale, and they seem to be priced very low (compared to other listings in 77429). This neighborhood isn't that old, but it already seems to be going "down hill". It's a shame, the houses are nice, and it's a great location. Could it be becasuse of a weak HOA? This subdivision is a Ryland homes development, and I was actually doing some consult work for Ryland at the time this neighborhood was being built. From what I remember, Cypress Mill Estates was one of their higher end products at the time. It just seems odd to me that it hasn't held it's integrity.

The green gate sucks and makes the outside of the area look low class.....

The front of the neighboorhood past Spring-Cypress is pretty nice...however, the back of the area is pretty average with overpriced homes and alot of folks could be selling due to possible foreclosures or fear the increased traffic with future expansions of cypresswood and louetta...

My understanding is that there is an apartment complex being built on the 290 feeder just past the Cypress Mills Estates area, in front of the golf course. CME is trying to get gates installed at the entrances to stop traffic from going through their neighborhood but I don't think they are having much luck and that is making people frustrated and they are leaving. Many I have spoken too are going to Bridgeland.

I did some searching of Cypress Mill Estates on Google and saw that there is an active petition to stop the proposed apartment complex from being developed. Looks like it would be another Broadstone complex...isn't that already at the Coles Crossing entrance???

In the April issue of the Cypress Mill Messenger (HOA newsletter), we were informed that the Developer withdrew from the potential apartment complex. Yes, it was to be a Broadstone complex, which does also have the one at the front of Cole's Crossing on Barker Cypress Rd. I believe the sign has also been taken down on Cypress Mill Park Blvd. (Cypress Chase). Whether or not it's being discussed again or not, I have not heard. From my understanding one of the main reasons that homeowner's were against the complex was because the main entrance would be on Cypress Mill Park Blvd. Therefore, residents of the complex would drive through Cypress Mill Estates or take Cypresswood Dr. through Cypress Mill Park to get to Wal-Mart and the like rather than go to Mueske and U-turn down the feeder. So the increase of traffic through the subdivisions due to this proposed entrance is a safety concern to the residents.

I've also read in the Cypress Mill Messenger that gates at the front and back entraces of Cypress Mill Estates has been brought up in HOA meetings. However, I believe they are waiting to discuss any further until the Cypress-Rosehill Rd. 4 lane expansion is complete.

The Cypress Mill Messenger can be read online at http://www.peelinc.com/newsletterInfo.php?newsletter=CM

• 3 weeks later...

Cypress Mill Estates has been a bit of a roller coaster... I have watched the market very closely because I live here and I am a Real Estate Broker at Keller Williams Greater Northwest. The neighborhood was built to be the "Flagship neighborhood" of the Villages of Cypress Mill, and we have suffered from several issues.

-There is tremendous growth with new builders in Cypress right now, and we are in direct competition with all of them.

-The location, we are so close to the freeway and Wal-Mart and other commercial properties.

-Amenities. The only real amenity that this section has is one playground. There is no pool in this section, and this directs buyers away from us all the time.

Because of these issues, the appreciation of our properties has been on a down slide.

If you have a pool in your backyard, the numbers are a little more positive. Houses with pools in Cypress Mill Estates average only 16 days on the market and $78.17 a square foot. One house with a pool pulled in just over $89 a square foot! Houses with out pools sell at an average of $68.92 a square foot and an average 39 days on the market. That's a pretty big difference. So if you have been thinking about putting a pool in, it's probably not a bad idea. :)

The neighborhood will never be able to put gates up in teh Estates becuase teh roads are currently public roads, owned by Harris County. The HOA would have to purchase the roads from the county (with the full commisioners approval). The HOA does not have the resources or wherewithhall to do this. Plus the Cypyress Mill HOA is more than just the estatees, and it would be difficult to justify this expense for just a small % of theh entire development.

In the April issue of the Cypress Mill Messenger (HOA newsletter), we were informed that the Developer withdrew from the potential apartment complex. Yes, it was to be a Broadstone complex, which does also have the one at the front of Cole's Crossing on Barker Cypress Rd. I believe the sign has also been taken down on Cypress Mill Park Blvd. (Cypress Chase). Whether or not it's being discussed again or not, I have not heard. From my understanding one of the main reasons that homeowner's were against the complex was because the main entrance would be on Cypress Mill Park Blvd. Therefore, residents of the complex would drive through Cypress Mill Estates or take Cypresswood Dr. through Cypress Mill Park to get to Wal-Mart and the like rather than go to Mueske and U-turn down the feeder. So the increase of traffic through the subdivisions due to this proposed entrance is a safety concern to the residents.

I've also read in the Cypress Mill Messenger that gates at the front and back entraces of Cypress Mill Estates has been brought up in HOA meetings. However, I believe they are waiting to discuss any further until the Cypress-Rosehill Rd. 4 lane expansion is complete.

The Cypress Mill Messenger can be read online at http://www.peelinc.com/newsletterInfo.php?newsletter=CM

Glad to see you still know how to go off topic and nothing relevant!

Eh, they're basically all the same people. They just pull different nature words out of a hat to form subdivision names now days. Hardly an original name can found in the great northwest (or anywhere in suburban Houston for that matter).
Are the Villages of Cypress Mill and Villages of Cypress Lakes part of the same development? Same Developer?
No, they are do different developers but are located next to each other.

The neighborhood will never be able to put gates up in teh Estates becuase teh roads are currently public roads, owned by Harris County. The HOA would have to purchase the roads from the county (with the full commisioners approval). The HOA does not have the resources or wherewithhall to do this. Plus the Cypyress Mill HOA is more than just the estatees, and it would be difficult to justify this expense for just a small % of theh entire development.

True. The owners in most subdivisions think it's so easy to do, but in reality it's quite difficult to gate a community after the fact. Not only do they have the expense of buying the streets, but they have the expense/burden of maintaining the streets in the future.

In my opinion, the largest negative aspect of CME is the noise from 290. I have shown homes in there and could hear it from inside the homes that were close to 290. The noise outside is ridiculous...there is nothing relaxing about the backyards.

True. The owners in most subdivisions think it's so easy to do, but in reality it's quite difficult to gate a community after the fact. Not only do they have the expense of buying the streets, but they have the expense/burden of maintaining the streets in the future.

In my opinion, the largest negative aspect of CME is the noise from 290. I have shown homes in there and could hear it from inside the homes that were close to 290. The noise outside is ridiculous...there is nothing relaxing about the backyards.

I actua;;y ;ive in CME now. I do admit the noise from 290 has increased in the 9 years I have lived here, but you really get used to it (it becomes background noise). We are a few blocks from the highway, so it iis definately not as loud as those poor souls who back to 290. One of the eriest times in living here was during Rita, when there was no traffic on 290 and it was too quite!

Hover, I am buildign a new house and I had absolutely no trouble selling my home for a very good price! I am under contract and will be sellign in October! The trees and large lots (for the home size) are very appealing to potential buyers.

• The title was changed to Cypress Mill Estates Subdivision

Archived