Residential At East Rivercrest Dr. And Westheimer Rd.

Lowbrow

I assume I'm not the only one that is familiar with the new residential construction at westheimer and east rivercrest. A huge house, something that looks like a pool house and a basketball gym. It's right across the street from that Yao Ming Restaurant so we assumed he or his family owned it but hcad says Mike James of the Rockets is the owner.

I've always loved Rivercrest, but having the property fronting Westheimer seems a shame. When they first bulldozed the trees there we thought they were putting up another bank or jiffy lube.....

I live just down the street (not in Rivercrest). I see this all the time. Looks like he's got something going on at the back of the property too, backed up against that strip center. What is that? A guest house or some kind of super fancy garage?

There is a main house, a pool, guest house and then a gym with basketball court.

This house will have it's frontage on Rivercrest with an 8' wall going up along the Westheimer side. There are also two putting greens with bunkers and water hazard.

Thats the basketball court. They dug a pool the other day and there has been a putting green up front since the beginning. I wonder if HCAD has a residential rating called 'crib'?

The pool has been dug since December.

The main house is between 11,000 and 12,000 square feet.

The guest house is just under 2,000 living and 4,000 covered square feet.

The gym and basketball court is around 10,000 square feet.

There is a main house, a pool, guest house and then a gym with basketball court.

This house will have it's frontage on Rivercrest with an 8' wall going up along the Westheimer side. There are also two putting greens with bunkers and water hazard.

Is that near where the wall had fallen down a year or so ago .. not sure if it fell down or if someone ran into it.

Here are some crappy camera phone pics:

This one was taken after the excavation (36"), fill and compaction of the pad and the foundation pour was complete and the walls for the gym were started.

IMG00064.JPG

This is the pool (which is in between the main and guest houses.

IMG00065.JPG

An exterior shot of the guest house.

IMG00058.JPG

A couple interior detail shots of the guest house:

Tower over the master bathroom:

IMG00060.JPG

Double arch in the living room:

IMG00062.JPG

This is a detail shot of the barrel connecting the entertainment logia to the guest house. If you look past it, you can see the sand bunker and part of one of the putting greens:

IMG00059.JPG

Is that near where the wall had fallen down a year or so ago .. not sure if it fell down or if someone ran into it.

I couldn't tell you. I thought there was a wooden fence between the street and the property, not a wall. It is possible I suppose.

Couple days... 9 months ago... all the same in my world i'm afraid.

You can see my office window in one of your pics. I'm listening to then sawing the terracotta roof tiles on the gym as I write this....

actually, I'm in the Capitol One building... you can barely make out my window behind some trees in the first picture of your big post. My office mainly overlooks the gym's roof but my coworker has a much better vantage of the rest of the layout.

ah, ok. The annoying old building that needs to get torn down. Gotcha ;oP

Very much so... if you have any pull in that regard, please exercise. I'd pay good money to move over into the BMC complex.

Very much so... if you have any pull in that regard, please exercise. I'd pay good money to move over into the BMC complex.

lol, I'm a freshman in that sense, so I'm afraid I can't help you much there. But if you need a house built, I'm your man.

I passed by the site this morning and was surprised to see how slow the gym had moved along. I imagine (and hope) that they are past mechanical roughs and doing sheet rock on the interior of the main and guest houses. I definitely don't see it being done by the original deadline which was the end of this month. In fact, I don't really see it being completed until December or later.

I hope for the owners sake, they get it done before then so he doesn't have to find other arrangements until it is done.

• The title was changed to Residential At East Rivercrest Dr. And Westheimer Rd.

Archived