Creekside Park Village

It is time to start up a new thread on this subject. I will go take some photos to post if there is any interest.

Creekside Village builders are out in force advertising and selling properties. I received a low end advertisement in the mail today at my workplace. The homes appear to be quite small. There are gobs of trucks on Kuykendahl, The Woodlands Parkway and Gosling hauling dirt, concrete and supplies. There are many trucks pulling dirt out of the western part of Creekside where the lake is being created and moving that dirt to the residential areas under development on the southeastern side of the village. I observed quite a few streets under construction and a surpriising installation of three phase power lines along the primary entrance road to the new housing section. Why they did not bury the lines is beyond me. Perhaps there is no one to complain about it yet. There are very few inhabitants if any, at this time. Some houses are ready to inhabit based on the flyer I received from the builder. There is a lot of open space back in the area of development. That may be due to pastures, but it may also be the result of bulldozers. I did not go close enough to see. I have been told that the open spaces existed earlier, based on aerial photographs available via Google or some other public domain. I could not see much of the new lake. It was not a safe place to drive so I did not go out there. I will do so if I go on a photograph mission.

It is time to start up a new thread on this subject. I will go take some photos to post if there is any interest.

Creekside Village builders are out in force advertising and selling properties. I received a low end advertisement in the mail today at my workplace. The homes appear to be quite small. There are gobs of trucks on Kuykendahl, The Woodlands Parkway and Gosling hauling dirt, concrete and supplies. There are many trucks pulling dirt out of the western part of Creekside where the lake is being created and moving that dirt to the residential areas under development on the southeastern side of the village. I observed quite a few streets under construction and a surpriising installation of three phase power lines along the primary entrance road to the new housing section. Why they did not bury the lines is beyond me. Perhaps there is no one to complain about it yet. There are very few inhabitants if any, at this time. Some houses are ready to inhabit based on the flyer I received from the builder. There is a lot of open space back in the area of development. That may be due to pastures, but it may also be the result of bulldozers. I did not go close enough to see. I have been told that the open spaces existed earlier, based on aerial photographs available via Google or some other public domain. I could not see much of the new lake. It was not a safe place to drive so I did not go out there. I will do so if I go on a photograph mission.

I think the Woodlands gave up on buried power lines. The entire back of Sterling Ridge is above ground poles all the way to the Branch Crossing YMCA.

Guest danax

We touched on the subject in a previous HAIF discussion here.

An exerpt from post #24; The largest project in development is Creekside Park, the eighth and final village in The Woodlands. The 3,151-acre village will include the largest park in the Houston area at 1,700 acres. The park will border Spring Creek for seven miles, and will eventually link to the Spring Creek Greenway Project, a cooperative effort between Harris and Montgomery Counties to create a 25-mile trail and park system. Plans being considered for Creekside Park include canoeing and kayaking, hiking, botanic gardens and a Nature Center.

Slated to welcome its first residents in 2007, Creekside Park Village will include over 5,000 residences in a variety of styles and price ranges, a village shopping center, schools and places of worship, similar to the other residential villages in The Woodlands.

As for the telephone poles and small homes, LGI Homes' website gives an indication of what level of buyer this development is aimed at; "Imagine your family living among the beautifully wooded forests of Montgomery County for as little as $699 per month. Creekside Village is LGI Homes' fabulous new community of affordable homes just minutes from Interstate 45, the Hardy Toll Road and the Woodlands Mall."

I want to be positive about this but $699 a month? I don't know if this is part of the Woodlands Development's new corporate strategy or part of the original plan to include a variety of income levels. The knee-jerk critic in me says it's a ghetto in the making while the other side of me says.......it's a ghetto in the making.

C'mon, I'm partially just kidding.

Guest danax
Those are 2 different places. Creekside Village is a lower end community.

Creekside PARK is the new village.

Of course. The 1700 acre park next to starter homes seemed odd. :rolleyes:

I found this information for the Village of Creekside Park, which sounds like it belongs in The Woodlands;

South of Spring Creek in Harris County

Size:

3,492 acres planned for 7,100 residences

New homes:

5,516 single-family production homes

541 age-qualified homes (age 55 and over)

738 multi-family residences

298 custom and estate homes in the gated community of Carlton Woods Creekside

Creekside park will feature a mix of home styles and builders similar to the other villages in The Woodlands

Price Range:

$200's - $3 million plus

Timing of Development:

Model homes & main entry - Spring of 2007 (soft opening)

Showcase of Homes in Carlton Woods Creekside & Kayak Ridge (first section of single-family production homes), first phase of development in Fleming Park and George Mitchell Nature Preserve - Fall of 2007

Recreation & Amenities:

1,850 acres of parklands and greenspace including:

20-acre Rob Fleming Park, featuring in Phase I (opening fall of 2007):

Tree-line promenades

Naturally landscaped lake with lakeside conservation trail

Craftsman-style Pavilion

Wildlife sculpture trail

Bluebonnet meadow

Festival field

Butterfly garden

Pine Forest picnic area

Tennis and basketball courts

Groves of specimen trees

Trailhead to the George Mitchell Nature Preserve

1,700-acre George Mitchell Natural Preserve, featuring:

Seven miles of frontage along scenic Spring Creek

Hard surface hike and bike trails and soft birding trails

Trailheads located in Fleming Park and other parks

Hiking, kayaking, birding, camping, mountain biking

Part of the Spring Creek Greenway Project, a joint initiative of Harris and Montgomery Counties, linking 25 miles of frontage along Spring Creek from US 59 to Spring

Sports & Racquet Club (opening in 2008)

Part of The Woodlands Country Club (membership facility)

Current facilities at The Woodlands Athletic Club and tennic complex at The Woodlands Resort will be relocated to this new facility

21 lighted tennis courts

4 indoor courts

Center court for spectator viewing

Fitness center

Children's activity rooms

Indoor/outdoor lakeside restaurant

Aquatic Center (opening in 2008):

Located in phase two of Fleming Park

13-acre site at the edge of Lake Paloma

Large, resort-style free-form pool

Serpentine tube slide

Lazy River

Three-lane lap pool

Boathouse

Gazebo

Playground

Open to all residents for a seasonal fee (managed by The Community Associations of The Woodlands)

79 acres of lakes & ponds, including:

72-acre Lake Paloma

Meandering linear park through the center of the village

12-foot wide walking and biking path along the lake

Peaceful habitat for water birds

Ponds and parks are the focal point of all 13 residential neighborhoods within Creekside Park

New YMCA:

Six-acre site for two-building complex on Creekside Forest Drive

Indoor activity center opening in 2008

Amphitheater

Day camps & other children's programs

Express Fitness facility opening in 2009

The CGI homes completely confused me. There should be some way to keep such simliar names from being used. It took a little while to logically separate the two. I went into Wilde Creek two days ago to observe their progress. Yesterday, I saw a new road bulldozed to Kuykendahl from the east. Looks like another neighborhood about to begin, or perhaps an access road into the same neighborhood. If they have a road all the way to Eilde Creek, the development of the lake and infrastructure of the neighborhood can move faster. Just a guess on the purpose of this new road.

Here are the current areas of development from Woodlands Development Inventory

Carlton Woods Creekside **

Description: 138 homesites have sold, and new homebuilding activity is underway in the new private, gated community of Carlton Woods Creekside, bordering the Fazio Championship golf course. The clubhouse is in design and should open in the fall of 2007 coinciding with a Showcase of Homes.

The Village of Creekside Park

Description: Development work and homebuilding are well underway in the newest village planned to include 7,100 residences in a wide variety of styles and price ranges along with many parks and greenspaces, including the 1,700-acre George Mitchell Nature Preserve and 20-acre Fleming Park. Grand Opening is planned for October of 2007.

The Village of Creekside Park

• 8 months later...
Woody-

Have they started construction on the new Y or the Lone Star College satellite campus yet?

All I've seen on Gosling is the Woods Edge Church going in.

Are the Y and the campus going in somewhere around there?

The college will not start for a while. It is actually located on the other side of Kuykendahl. The Y has begun but I am not sure if it has gone past the ground clearing and leveling yet. Last I saw the construction phase had not begun. There are signs up now where these places are to be built, except of course the college.

• 2 months later...

Took a look at Creekside Park the other day. Kind of disappointed in that it does not look like the Woodlands. It looks like any other development. Loads of clearcutting in many sections, no natural trees, very wide open entrance. Just not what I'm used to from The Woodlands. Plus, its sort of separated from the rest of the Woodlands and on Gosling. Heck, the dumpy trailer park a mile or two down Gosling has more wooded lots than those in Creekside Park.

Maybe it will get better over time as it grows, but its clearly done in a different character than the rest of the Woodlands. But, it looks like the Woodlands has been moving toward fewer natural trees on its new developements and commercial areas recently too.

Took a look at Creekside Park the other day. Kind of disappointed in that it does not look like the Woodlands. It looks like any other development. Loads of clearcutting in many sections, no natural trees, very wide open entrance. Just not what I'm used to from The Woodlands. Plus, its sort of separated from the rest of the Woodlands and on Gosling. Heck, the dumpy trailer park a mile or two down Gosling has more wooded lots than those in Creekside Park.

Maybe it will get better over time as it grows, but its clearly done in a different character than the rest of the Woodlands. But, it looks like the Woodlands has been moving toward fewer natural trees on its new developements and commercial areas recently too.

Isn't that the truth. I have been disappointed but they told me that the streets must be higher and the homes higher than that and many of the trees will simply die with the added dirt on their roots. The development company is supposed to plant additional trees. They have a policy not to cut the big ones down unless necessary.

Hi Woody,

I just moved out of The Woodlands ( down to West U---nice and close to work :D ) and I am wondering if you have any idea as to when they "figure" ( and I use that term "loosely") Creekside will be built out.........

I also heard thru the "grapevine" that there will be "yet another additional village" built after Creekside ( although it may bear some sort of similiar name--like Spring Creek Place, or something of the sort.....)

Got any info on that "rumor", B) or even any idea when Creekside will be completed??

Hi Woody,

I just moved out of The Woodlands ( down to West U---nice and close to work :D ) and I am wondering if you have any idea as to when they "figure" ( and I use that term "loosely") Creekside will be built out.........

I also heard thru the "grapevine" that there will be "yet another additional village" built after Creekside ( although it may bear some sort of similiar name--like Spring Creek Place, or something of the sort.....)

Got any info on that "rumor", B) or even any idea when Creekside will be completed??

I have not heard a firm date. My understanding has been that the development company would like to get it done before 2010 but that sounds totally unreasonable to me. I see maybe 2014. There is only one other new development for The Woodlands, which is on 2978 where the Magnolia ISD will be the school system. That opens in 2009. That one will probably finish before Creekside Park Village but it may be a race. I am trying to think of its name but it isn't like the one you have stated. I will be looking for better answers to yoru questions. I have an article to write on the subject soon.

• 1 year later...

I have not heard a firm date. My understanding has been that the development company would like to get it done before 2010 but that sounds totally unreasonable to me. I see maybe 2014. There is only one other new development for The Woodlands, which is on 2978 where the Magnolia ISD will be the school system. That opens in 2009. That one will probably finish before Creekside Park Village but it may be a race. I am trying to think of its name but it isn't like the one you have stated. I will be looking for better answers to yoru questions. I have an article to write on the subject soon.

Continuing on with this thread, there are a couple of things about the village to note. One, a new lower cost neighborhood is being started on the west side of Kuykendahl. Thatis due to the state of the economy. The village will continue to grow at a slower pace. This is part of the master plan; I believe it is being executed earlier than previously planned. Secondly, I wrote an article on the new YMCA. Not a lot of information but it is new information and will be of interest to residents of The Woodlands on both side of the creek.

The village continues to grow.YMCA in Village of Creekside Park

• 3 years later...

Archived