Rothko Chapel & De Menil Gallery On PBS Tonight

BenH

The Rothko Chapel and assorted pieces by Rothko from the Menil collection will be featured tonight on Simon Schama's "Power of Art" episode about Mark Rothko. Show starts at 10 pm on KUHT. Mies' Seagram building and Philip Johnson's Four Seasons restaurant are also heavily featured. If you can, watch it in high def.

• Like 1

The Rothko Chapel and assorted pieces by Rothko from the Menil collection will be featured tonight on Simon Schama's "Power of Art" episode about Mark Rothko. Show starts at 10 pm on KUHT. Mies' Seagram building and Philip Johnson's Four Seasons restaurant are also heavily featured. If you can, watch it in high def.

Was it broadcast in HD? I think they're in the middle of a switchover/consolidation at the station, and they're broadcasting the same signal from their HD digital and analog transmitters. I recorded this show from the HD channel, and about 2 seconds in it downconverted from HD to SD.

Not a lot of coverage of the Chapel or Houston.

Was it broadcast in HD? I think they're in the middle of a switchover/consolidation at the station, and they're broadcasting the same signal from their HD digital and analog transmitters. I recorded this show from the HD channel, and about 2 seconds in it downconverted from HD to SD.

over the air they have 3 independent feeds. the hd one, the sd one and the spanish one. are you getting it from satellite/cable?

Edited by musicman

Not a lot of coverage of the Chapel or Houston.

We watched it in HD.

You're right, not much coverage about the Rothko, but that wasn't the focus of the show; the Seagram paintings were. Funny, I was initially peeved that they didn't mention Barnstone & Aubrey, but it wasn't really needed.

• The title was changed to Rothko Chapel & De Menil Gallery On PBS Tonight