"Spam Blocker Utility Software" toolbar

If any of my online friends could help me, I would be appreciative. Somehow this annoying "Spam Blocker Utility" toolbar keeps showing up on my computer. I can go to Toolbars and click it off (It's listed as my Google toolbar, and my Google toolbar is listed as Spam Blocker Utility toolbar- go figure), that's easy enough. But invariably it shows back up and I have to keep going back to Toolbars to get it off my screen. I think it's even causing a popup called "Find Stuff" to keep showing up too, because it says it's sponsored by Spam Blocker.

Any sugestions? I hate that @%#$% toolbar, and it's an invasion of my privacy!!!

In general, where is a good web site to go to for help on computer related matters such as these?

Sometimes those seemingly helpful files are viruses themselves. If they are too tricky, download a program called Hijack This, and it will clean your registry of any remains that might not get uninstalled.

Go up to "Tools" "Manage Add Ons" "Enable or Disable Add-ons" find the Tool Bar you are having trouble with, disable it manually there, Click "OK" and see if that helps you.

Thank you. So far so good. I disabled both of the "Spam Blocker" toolbars. For some reason, it removed my Google toolbar too, but that's no big deal, I just reinstalled it. I like that toolbar.

HAIF members are the best!

You should probably also download and run an anti-spyware program like SpyBot and run it, as well as a good anti-virus program (not some cheesy free one that just installs more crap on your computer). Simply disabling the offending toolbars may not actually remove the malicious software from your computer, and odds are, you've got more than just those toolbars on there. Usually those are just the most visible sign of infection with malware.

And in the future, avoid downloading "free" software off the Internet. A lot of those free programs are just spyware and adware in disguise.

Archived