Memorial Hills: Multifamily At 4200 Scotland St.

sowanome

I went to Cleveland Park the other day, which is in the Rice Military area off of Memorial and JAckson Hill Street, and I noticed a lot of construction on Memorial Hill Apartments. Just recently I remember people living there and no signs of upcoming demolition. More than half of the building looks vacant and there were no cars in the p.lot, Any ideas??

demolition permits were issued in the beginning of the month for the apartments...

here is the one for building 1 (13 total):

Project No:

Date:

7/3/2007

USE:

DEMO APT/SEWER DISC

Owner / Occupant:

MEMORIAL HILLS

Job Address:

4200 SCOTLAND ST BLD 1

Thanks, b/c this is the only thing I saw:

http://www.northhoustonbank.com/commercial/com_re.php

demolition permits were issued in the beginning of the month for the apartments...

here is the one for building 1 (13 total):

Project No:

Date:

7/3/2007

USE:

DEMO APT/SEWER DISC

Owner / Occupant:

MEMORIAL HILLS

Job Address:

4200 SCOTLAND ST BLD 1

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I believe that's the project. Wow, I didn't expect this, but I guess they have to compete with Jackson Hill and other Mid Rises in the Area. Thanks for finding it, the location is one of the more unique locations in Houston, because everything that's in the description is true...Parks, views, etc.

Ziegler Cooper must have just updated their website again. I was checking it out about 2 weeks ago and the Memorial Hills project was NOT on there.

However, what gets me excited is the Midtown Lofts project. That is for the area on the SuperBlock in Midtown. That rendering hasn't been on Ziegler's website in a loooooonnnnnggggg time. Could Camden be getting ready to move forward with this project now that they are winding down in the 4th Ward?

Ziegler Cooper must have just updated their website again. I was checking it out about 2 weeks ago and the Memorial Hills project was NOT on there.

However, what gets me excited is the Midtown Lofts project. That is for the area on the SuperBlock in Midtown. That rendering hasn't been on Ziegler's website in a loooooonnnnnggggg time. Could Camden be getting ready to move forward with this project now that they are winding down in the 4th Ward?

You're talking about the project titled Midtown Village on their site????! Interesting...

Did Camden contract them out before or you just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together?

because everything that's in the description is true...Parks, views, etc.

Except for the part about being on a "hill". I go running at that park quit regularly in the summer and it's actually at the bottom of the neighborhood as it slopes down to the bayou. Jackson Hill is actually somewhat uphill going north from the park.

Other than that part, it is a great location and I had been wondering for a while how those older 2-story apartment complexes were able to survive with all the mid-rises going up everywhere else along Memorial.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

APARTMENTS: Ziegler Cooper Architects announced the topping out of Memorial Hills, an eight-story apartment community off Memorial Drive near Shepherd Drive. With views of Buffalo Bayou Park and the downtown skyline, the brick and cast stone complex will feature a pool, outdoor kitchen and a lush garden area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6126559.html

• The title was changed to Memorial Hills: Multifamily At 4200 Scotland St.

Archived