The Mix @ Midtown: Retail At 3201 Louisiana St.

bwj

When is this set to open? I will most likely get a membership here.

June 27. They even have pictures of what it'll look like inside.

http://www.24comingsoon.com/elgin_and_LA/

does anyone know what the operating hours of this location will be? i hope it will be 24 hours like some of their locations.

24 hours a day, 7 days per week (holiday hours may vary)

How much do you guys pay/expect to pay monthly for a membership at 24 hour? The flier they put on my door (that had already expired when I received it) was advertising no sign-up fee and $45/month... I notice the offer on the website is not nearly as good of a deal. I would like a membership if I can get one for 40-45/month.

How much do you guys pay/expect to pay monthly for a membership at 24 hour? The flier they put on my door (that had already expired when I received it) was advertising no sign-up fee and $45/month... I notice the offer on the website is not nearly as good of a deal. I would like a membership if I can get one for 40-45/month.

I used to have a memership over at the galleria 24 hr and it was right about that price. I think depending on the KIND of 24 fitness will determine the membership price.

I know the 24 HR sign has been up for a few weeks, but tonight when I drove by I saw the "Mix at Midtown" sign on the building. It looked pretty good, I must say. It also made me a little more optimistic about the project proposed across the street.

I still think there needs to be more residential in this area to support all of the retail around this proposal. Camden Travis will help, but that doesn't even break ground until this fall (if everything is still on schedule). Is it possible that Crosspoint is planning some residential for the next phase of the Mix? It would be a smart business move, I think, but from what I know Crosspoint isn't in the residential space.

Camden Travis will help, but that doesn't even break ground until this fall (if everything is still on schedule).

Please refresh my memory; where and what is Camden Travis?

I'm assuming it's on Travis.... ;)

Who's to say that people are not going to venture past Brazos from the Montrose? I mean, come on, that area is already densely populated. More apts in Midtown will only add to the 'Mix'. It would be nice if 'they' would do something with lower Westheimer (new sidewalks and such).

i think the sign is ugly. maybe because i'm not a fan of the @ sign. i think they should have spelled it out "at"

You can't be serious, can you?

Edited by rsb320

I don't think it looks that great either... that corner is starting to look cluttered.

And I think it is strange to name a building with a 24 hour fitness and a tenants-as-yet-unannounced street level "The Mix @ Midtown"... seems cheesy and amateurish IMO.

And I think it is strange to name a building with a 24 hour fitness and a tenants-as-yet-unannounced street level "The Mix @ Midtown"... seems cheesy and amateurish IMO.

Hopefully in a decade or two, the area will be so dense we'll look at "the mix @ midtown" and wonder why one building has a name at all since the area surrounding it is just as dense and blends in with it. Instead people will just refer to the intersection it's located at and the tenants that are in it.

I think it's just like strip centers anyway. They all have names but nobody refers to them.

Edited by lockmat

does anyone know how to get a cheap membership to this place? they are asking for ~ $60 a month

If you're a first time member, you can get one for about $21 bucks a month for a year, but you have to pay it up front.

• 2 weeks later...

they put the kids playground right up against the windows on the corner spot. i think it looks ugly. this space could have been used to put some treadmills so the runners can watch the traffic at that intersection.

Just noticed on Crosspoint's website that they no longer have Starbucks listed as a tenant at the corner of Louisiana and Elgin. Every slot is available.

i still see the starbucks-

http://www.crosspointproperties.com/prop1/prop1_info.htm