The Mix @ Midtown: Retail At 3201 Louisiana St.

bwj

I think he's referring to the 24 Hour Fitness sign - hopefully it will open soon, though something tells me it will be packed as he$$. Someone told me they thought it would open in June?

It looks like the construction pace has slowed or just moved inside. This morning there was just one guy standing inside gazing out the window. I did not notice a sign.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm concerned that while it looks like 24 Hour Fitness is nearing completion on the 2nd and 3rd floors, there has been no movement towards laying out the 1st floor. I wonder if they actually have any tennants locked in (their site says Starbucks for the storefront closest to Elgin)?

Twice in the past week, 24 Hour Fitness has left a flier on my door (I live at the Calais) offering reduced membership pricing that expired the day I got the flier. That kind of marketing crap is annoying to me.

I'm concerned that while it looks like 24 Hour Fitness is nearing completion on the 2nd and 3rd floors, there has been no movement towards laying out the 1st floor. I wonder if they actually have any tennants locked in (their site says Starbucks for the storefront closest to Elgin)?

Twice in the past week, 24 Hour Fitness has left a flier on my door (I live at the Calais) offering reduced membership pricing that expired the day I got the flier. That kind of marketing crap is annoying to me.

This will be the closest 24hr to me as well... I live over in the Eastwood neighborhood, and could easily bike there. I'm already a member of the UofH rec center, but it might be good to join here as well.

CVS on Elgin did the same, issuing already expired coupons for their grand opening.

Starbucks isn't doing to well. I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out of opening a new location.

CVS on Elgin did the same, issuing already expired coupons for their grand opening.

When that place opened, I got a free case of coke. I'm not sure how I managed to get an unexpired coupon, but I did...

smoothie king would be a nice addition. i can't imagine starbucks would back out of this. it is a perfect location.

looks like they are finishing up the tiles on the exterior. i still haven't seen any fitness equipment being moved inside. a robeks would be better than smoothie king since their smoothies are natural and healthier. what else retail stores would you guys want underneath?

looks like they are finishing up the tiles on the exterior. i still haven't seen any fitness equipment being moved inside. a robeks would be better than smoothie king since their smoothies are natural and healthier. what else retail stores would you guys want underneath?

A Frenchy's chicken, Amy's Ice Cream, and a Specs.

Frenchy's eh.

Never have, never will.

I tried the one near Reliant. It's the first fried chicken place that I've been to where I was served on an actual stoneware plate. They also have a bar! However, I found the chick to be a bit greezy.