Super Walmart At IH-10 And Silber Rd.

Rockrz

Has anyone seen any news stories or press releases concerning the Super Wal-Mart going in at the NE corner of Silber Rd at IH10 aka Katy Fwy (just west of 610 and IH10 in 77024)???

I was over there a few days ago and just behind the big workout Gym (can't remember the name of the gym) on Silber Rd there is a gigantic open field. This has to be where it's going to be built. They're probably waiting until some of the road work is complete before starting construction.

I've not be able to find any press releases or news stories about this new Super Wal-Mart, so if anyone come across anything on this, please let me know. Thanx!

Yes, but they say they aren't discussing development plans.

Not sure why they wouldn't want to talk about it.

At any rate, I heard from a commercial real estate guy that specializes in retail properties that there was going to be a Wal-Mart going in here.

It's possible that since there is alot of road construction going on in this area, they may be waiting till some of that is complete before starting construction or making any public announcements concerning this developement.

Has anyone seen any news stories or press releases concerning the Super Wal-Mart going in at the NE corner of Silber Rd at IH10 aka Katy Fwy (just west of 610 and IH10 in 77024)???

Isn't the NE corner of that intersection the Marq-E Entertainment Center? I can't believe they'd shove a Super Wal-Mart in there. Oh, wait, I forgot we're in Houston. Although, seriously, I don't think there's enough room to put up a building that size and have enough room to meet the minimum parking space requirement.

I wish it was a Target. Is there already a Target in the area? I can't remember. There is one at Memorial City, but I don't know if that is the closest.

There's also a new Target at Sawyer and 10 between Woodland Heights and the 6th Ward. I think that would close the triangle on one in the Silber/10 locale.

Isn't the NE corner of that intersection the Marq-E Entertainment Center? I can't believe they'd shove a Super Wal-Mart in there. Oh, wait, I forgot we're in Houston. Although, seriously, I don't think there's enough room to put up a building that size and have enough room to meet the minimum parking space requirement.

Right behind the LA Fitness building, there is this gigantic open field that is plenty big enough for a super Wally World.

It looks as though that big vacant lot was cleared of whatever not too long ago as there is about waist high growth in there now.

Whoever the developer is probably bought out any old houses, buildings, etc that used to be in that area to make it available for Wally World.

It looks as though that big vacant lot was cleared of whatever not too long ago as there is about waist high growth in there now.

Whoever the developer is probably bought out any old houses, buildings, etc that used to be in that area to make it available for Wally World.

Not sure what it was originally. It backs up to some blank light industrial on N Post Oak, so that may have been its prior use. The Dodge Dealer had an ancillary lot there for a while.

I've worked in the area for a few years now, some of that area use to be a couple of old abandoned warehouses but most was owned by Courtesy Chevrolet and was used for their used cars/fleet service/and some of the new car inventory. Since Courtesy Chevrolet is no longer opened thanks to Katy Freeway expansion I'm sure they sold it to whomever sold it to Walmart

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nope...it won't....We went from having no wal-marts until you get to either Meyer Park or Tidwell and 290 to 3 within 10 miles in the loop...lol

I-10 & Silber

I-10 & Yale

I-45 & Crosstimers/Fulton

Thanks!!

Awesome, but still, I can't help wishing they'd build more. There is still a shortage of Walmarts accessible to the innerloop compared to the number of Targets.

• 1 year later...

I came across this today. How about some good chicken in that part of town! I'm pretty excited!

The project has about 350,000 square feet of retail, including newer stores that have been added closer to Silber. Fidelis is in negotiations to add Chick-fil-A to the tenant roster

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/sarnoff/7574747.html#ixzz1UvUDzBlw

I came across this today. How about some good chicken in that part of town! I'm pretty excited!

The project has about 350,000 square feet of retail, including newer stores that have been added closer to Silber. Fidelis is in negotiations to add Chick-fil-A to the tenant roster

Read more: http://www.chron.com...l#ixzz1UvUDzBlw

Hmm.... Chick-fil-A.....

Evil never tasted so goooood. :)

• The title was changed to Super Walmart At IH-10 And Silber Rd.

Archived