Papa Feelgoods Club On Judiway St.

terrbo

Hi! My myspace penpal is in town, who is my age and used to tend bar at The Beer Barn on Stonecrest at Ella, I believe.. was talking to her today.. and she asked if I remember this place called Papa Feelgood's (or Pappa Feelgood's)? in that Oakforest area where she grew up. She said it was called Frankenstein's before that.

I remember hearing about Papa Feelgood's (maybe on KLOL or something) but never went there.

anyone?

If I recall correctly, Frankenstein's was on Judiway just east of Oak Forest Park. The guy that owned it, (Dick?) had an old hearse he used to drive around in and park in front of the place.

Saw a few live bands at The Beer Barn, but darned if I can remember the name of any of 'em.

Hi! My myspace penpal is in town, who is my age and used to tend bar at The Beer Barn on Stonecrest at Ella, I believe.. was talking to her today.. and she asked if I remember this place called Papa Feelgood's (or Pappa Feelgood's)? in that Oakforest area where she grew up. She said it was called Frankenstein's before that.

I remember hearing about Papa Feelgood's (maybe on KLOL or something) but never went there.

anyone?

If I recall correctly, Frankenstein's was on Judiway just east of Oak Forest Park. The guy that owned it, (Dick?) had an old hearse he used to drive around in and park in front of the place.

Saw a few live bands at The Beer Barn, but darned if I can remember the name of any of 'em.

Yep that sounds right, I believe she said it was on Judiway. I wanna drive around there. Saw my friend last nite, but didn't get to drive about Oak Forest.

• 2 months later...
Yep that sounds right, I believe she said it was on Judiway. I wanna drive around there. Saw my friend last nite, but didn't get to drive about Oak Forest.

I was doing a seach on Papa Feelgoods. This message board popped up. I was amazed that it was actually a topic on here. Papa feelgoods was The Maze at first, then Frankinstiens, then Papa Feelgoods. Dick Williams was the owner. A large man as I remember. I actually have some pictures of the inside, back in the day. Interested ? contact me @ Dontjump@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...
I was doing a seach on Papa Feelgoods. This message board popped up. I was amazed that it was actually a topic on here. Papa feelgoods was The Maze at first, then Frankinstiens, then Papa Feelgoods. Dick Williams was the owner. A large man as I remember. I actually have some pictures of the inside, back in the day. Interested ? contact me @ Dontjump@aol.com

I thought it was the Frankenstein first. I do remember Dick driving around in is monkey fur covered Cadillac handing out fliers for his new teen only club. It was a cool place to go. It was like going to a club for adults but without alcohol being served. He also had some good bands playing there. When Dick changed it to The Maze I still went. I had some good time in the maze that I

• 3 years later...

I was doing a seach on Papa Feelgoods. This message board popped up. I was amazed that it was actually a topic on here. Papa feelgoods was The Maze at first, then Frankinstiens, then Papa Feelgoods. **** Williams was the owner. A large man as I remember. I actually have some pictures of the inside, back in the day. Interested ? contact me @ Dontjump@aol.com

Oh, holy moly. Papa's on Judiway at 34th was the very first bar I ever set foot in--and where I experienced live music for the first time. I still remember the name of the band: Kingdom, out of Metairie, LA. There was also The Dome Shadows out on Buffalo Speedway. And then a little bit later, The Plantation. Was that in the Heights? I think so.

Such fun times.

Can you not post the photos from Papa's here? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them.

• 4 years later...

Frankinstiens had a swimming pool. It closed down and Papa Feelgoods moved from downtown Houston to there. They filled in the pool. That was the first time I bartended. Ladies bar, drinking free and making money. That was the job for me for 17 years all around Houston. Dome Shadows, Nesadels,Bullfrog and Happy Days are a few.

• The title was changed to Papa Feelgoods Club On Judiway St.

Archived