Bertani Ranch

mrfootball

A new locally-owned Steakhouse is being built on Telge, the Bertani Ranch Steakhouse, across from the Northwest Forest Conference Center. I'm all for locally-owned establishments. Can't wait till it opens. Hope its good.

Yes, this is there website, though none of it is really active yet. The website should be active in about a month, and they are hoping to open around Nov according to the owner.

It's his first restaurant, and it should be interesting based on the owners other website listed below. I don't have very high expectations based on the website, but I'll try and reserve judgment until it gets closer to opening. I wonder if he'll supply his own meat from his ranch...

http://bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/

http://www.bertaniranch.com/

• 6 months later...
Yes, this is there website, though none of it is really active yet. The website should be active in about a month, and they are hoping to open around Nov according to the owner.

It's his first restaurant, and it should be interesting based on the owners other website listed below. I don't have very high expectations based on the website, but I'll try and reserve judgment until it gets closer to opening. I wonder if he'll supply his own meat from his ranch...

http://bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/

http://www.bertaniranch.com/

The menu portion of this website is now active - http://bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/MealMenu.htm

The menu portion of this website is now active - http://bertaniranchsteakhouse.com/MealMenu.htm

That is pretty pricey for a "local" steakhouse...I wonder if he has hired a big name chef with those prices....

I hope this has great food and is well received...we could use some upscale dining...not to mention I could walk there from my house!

Always a good idea to have some Chicken Fry on the menu.

With those prices...maybe not. Taste of Texas dropped theirs when they moved to the new location. And personally I have been hard pressed to find a better steak and value than there. Bertani seems to be following their formula by including salad bar and side item but their prices are WAY higher. That may very well stop me from going since I know I can get an amazing meal at Taste of Texas for less even if it is a bit farther away.

I don't think the prices are going to ensure his failure, but he will have to pull it off. This place is going to have to be a destination for people outside of Cypress...maybe if more people come to the Northwest Forest Conference center they could eat here. This place is going to need not only excellent food, but impeccable service and atmosphere (the atmosphere here being the key given the location isn't really near anything "upscale") to justify these prices in the suburbs...

I don't think the prices are going to ensure his failure, but he will have to pull it off. This place is going to have to be a destination for people outside of Cypress...maybe if more people come to the Northwest Forest Conference center they could eat here. This place is going to need not only excellent food, but impeccable service and atmosphere (the atmosphere here being the key given the location isn't really near anything "upscale") to justify these prices in the suburbs...

I can think of only one other fine dining choice in the area and that's Mezzanote. There's currently a huge lack of fine dining choices in an area with a) high income ($101-147K Avg HH Income) and B ) large population (150,000-200,000) c) tremendous growth. Assuming they can get the word out about who and WHERE they are, they should be successful. If its good, I think they'll be popular with families like mine, with young kids, it's difficult to go all the way back into to town to have a nice dinner. It'll be nice to have another good option close by. It doesn't hurt to be right across from the NW Forest Conference Center. I'm not sure if it is owned by the same family or not.

They do need to improve their website, IMO.

I can think of only one other fine dining choice in the area and that's Mezzanote. There's currently a huge lack of fine dining choices in an area with a) high income ($101-147K Avg HH Income) and B ) large population (150,000-200,000) c) tremendous growth. Assuming they can get the word out about who and WHERE they are, they should be successful. If its good, I think they'll be popular with families as if you're like mine, with young kids, it's difficult to go all the way back into to town to have a nice dinner. It'll be nice to have another good option close by. It doesn't hurt to be right across from the NW Forest Conference Center. I'm not sure if it is owned by the same family or not.

My kid is too young (under 6 mo.) to go anywhere we wouldn't feel comfortable with her having a "meltdown" as we call them. I guess I just figured all the housholds in Cypress probably have young children, and said young children would ruin the atmosphere of a really expensive establishment...I just kind of pictured this place as a "Mommy and Daddy's night out" kinda gig...but what do I know, I am new to this whole parent thing...

With those prices I'd just go to Perry's or TL&C.

Exactly Mom...I think for these prices they are competing with these types of establishments...I don't think it would be too difficult for them to meet or exceed the quality

With those prices I'd just go to Perry's or TL&C.

exactly Mom22....this is their cometition and I don't think it would be too difficult for Bertani to meet or exceed the quality and atmosphere of the places mentioned above...maybe something in line with Flemings, Ruth's Chris, or Smith & Wollensky (sp?)..well, maybe not that nice...but you get the idea, these are the types of chain steakhouses I have been to multiple times and never had a bad experience. If they offer high quality cuts served the right way, success will follow.

I don't understand why people remain so critical of a place that isn't even open yet! It's a new concept to Cypress, and possibly exactly what this area needs. You have to give Mr. Bertani credit for trying something new and not just adding the same old chain restaurants to the area. He knows what he is doing and is creating an establishment that is elegant and a break from the ordinary.

His menu prices aren't any higher than Taste of Texas - actually in most areas they're lower.

I think we are all going to be pleasantly surprised!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, the first week of June was what I was told. Looks like a new place to check out!

We went there tonight (5/30). Unfortunately, this place is NOT good.

VERY bad service. Food was just average. Would NOT recommend to anyone with other good choices 20 minutes away. Their prices reflect a desire to be a top notch place, but service and quality is just not there! It's a shame, as it would have been great to have a nice place out in Cypress. They just do not know what they are doing. Perhaps it's still working out the kinks, but you cannot charge that much, be unapologetic with the service, not have good food, and make it...

We went there tonight (5/30). Unfortunately, this place is NOT good.

VERY bad service. Food was just average. Would NOT recommend to anyone with other good choices 20 minutes away. Their prices reflect a desire to be a top notch place, but service and quality is just not there! It's a shame, as it would have been great to have a nice place out in Cypress. They just do not know what they are doing. Perhaps it's still working out the kinks, but you cannot charge that much, be unapologetic with the service, not have good food, and make it...

I haven't been there yet (and quite frankly at those prices its not a place I will frequent) but have heard from others who were there Thursday and said that it was good. Said the ribeye could be cut with a fork but that there were some service issues including steaks not being cooked as requested. Since we want more quality restuarants in this area, I would recommend giving them a couple weeks to work out the kinks and give them a try.

I haven't been there yet (and quite frankly at those prices its not a place I will frequent) but have heard from others who were there Thursday and said that it was good. Said the ribeye could be cut with a fork but that there were some service issues including steaks not being cooked as requested. Since we want more quality restuarants in this area, I would recommend giving them a couple weeks to work out the kinks and give them a try.

I agree... it's always rough opening a new restaurant

• 2 weeks later...

Word is some of the kinks are gone and the steak is pretty good. We just opened Cypress station grill if you want Chicken Fried steak or Chicken. Good food, our service is still a bit off. Kitchen is getting it together. We have a few menu items we plan to change.

SO if you go by, we have great food and a good full service bar. Inside and outside on the patio to wait and have some of you favorite drinks. If there is anything you do not like, contact me and I will se what we can get done.

Check out the hand battered Chicken Fried steak and chicken. For you CFS fans, this is a double dipped thick piece of CFS, More like the old Dirty's steak. Not sure anyone can say they are better than Dirty's CFS. Also a Bake potato soup that will make you slap your MaMa.

Fred ADams e-mail: fredadams@adamsdist.com

Partner Cypress Station Grill

Spring Cypress and Hempstead

• 7 months later...

For those of you wanting to try Bertani Ranch but thought it was too expensive, try this.

Go to Restaurant.com and search in 77429 until you find Bertani Ranch.

Select the gift certificate you want. In the coupon code section, enter EXCLUSIVE (works today, may not work forever) which drops the cost of the certificate by around 60% (instead of $10 it will be $4).

Basically you can get a $25 gift certificate for 4 bucks. You do have to spend $35 total (including your gift certificate) and drinks don't count towards total, but its still a good deal. Basically $35 worth of food for $14 + tip.

There are some other good options too if you're going to spend more.

For those of you wanting to try Bertani Ranch but thought it was too expensive, try this.

Go to Restaurant.com and search in 77429 until you find Bertani Ranch.

Select the gift certificate you want. In the coupon code section, enter EXCLUSIVE (works today, may not work forever) which drops the cost of the certificate by around 60% (instead of $10 it will be $4).

Basically you can get a $25 gift certificate for 4 bucks. You do have to spend $35 total (including your gift certificate) and drinks don't count towards total, but its still a good deal. Basically $35 worth of food for $14 + tip.

There are some other good options too if you're going to spend more.

Holy moly.

Oh, one thing to note: There is a minimum purchase that is higher than the value of the gift certificate. For the higher values it is double the size of the gift certificate. Furthermore, on the higher value gift certificates they impose a mandatory 18% gratuity on the full retail of the dinner. Still a good deal, but caveat emptor.

Archived