Silverlake Shopping Center At 3045 Silverlake Village Dr.

I notice that the Silverlake Randall's in Pearland is currently undergoing the new lifestyle remodel that has been talked about recently. I must say that I really like what they've done. I was a long-time Randall's fan but like many people, was turned off by what the stores had become under the Safeway regime.

I notice that the new look has brought about better products, better customer service and more customers. I'm sure they had to make some changes with all of the competiton currently surrounding them as well as the planned HEB and Kroger stores. Surprisingly, I think they just might be able to compete as an alternative to the huge superstores.

They'd be awesome if they'd just lower their prices a bit to compete more. The Randall's in front of Coles Crossing in Cypress has undergone the Lifestyle remodel and as nice as it is, I'm afraid its going to get blown away by the new HEB going up across the street from it. I like the Panini Bar, the wood-fired oven baked goods and the produce area is much-improved. Wine selection is huge.

I would agree with all that. The meat and seafood has been dramatically improved at Pearland Randall's. Their little map inside shows a starbucks going in at the front right at the store. Which makes me really chuckle because there is a Starbucks in the Target and an actual Starbucks store already on that side of 518. That will make THREE within the same parking lot. Incredible.

Also, Randall's is gearing up for the introduction of wine. The needed signatures have been gathered so it will go to the general vote in November and it should pass easily. I think that wine sales can begin on January 1. I bet Randall's will just drop a curtain and let us have at it. The wine will be in the back by the 3 acres they've current devoted to bottled water.

That said, I will most likely be switching to HEB when it opens. Anyone have a guess as when they'll be opening? Office pool? I'll guess February 1.

I will most likely be switching to HEB when it opens. Anyone have a guess as when they'll be opening? Office pool? I'll guess February 1.

Same with me. Will switch to HEB after it opens..... I guess more early December right before the holidays or even if they hurry they might even try to open before Thanksgiving.

I know Academy is not as big, but they opened like in 3-4 months after pouring the concrete.

Everything I've read indicates a Fall 2007 opening. So I'm going put my money on HEB opening the week before Thanksgiving.

If they can't get it open sooner than that, they might as well wait until Dec 1. Opening a brand new store right before a big grocery shopping holiday could really set the wrong impression for customers. Much of their staff will have limited training and will still be learning the ropes. They won't be ready to handle the rush of Thanksgiving shoppers with only one week of real world experience.

If they can't get it open sooner than that, they might as well wait until Dec 1.

You make a good point. I couldn't imagine that place with all new workers for the Thanksgiving crush. Perhaps they'll open around the same time as the Bass Shop which is Oct 27, I think. That would be 3 months from now. Is it possible? I guess when you think about it, a grocery store, even one with these epic proportions, wouldn't take too long to set up once the structure is done. I can't wait! I work very close to the HEB in Clear Lake and I love almost everything about it.

• 1 month later...
Some new marketing material from HEB is attached. Sorry about the quality but I had to scan it in black & white at a lower resolution in order to get it under the 500k allowed here.

They project an "early November" opening.

Wow, sounds great. Seems like it'll be a mix of Central Market concepts and traditional HEB.

• 3 weeks later...
Sooooo, is the HEB going to have Beer and Wine, or what?

Beer? Of course. Wine? I believe that will be up for the general election in November. Enough signatures were acquired. Unless I'm wrong, that's what I think will be happening. If it passes in November, I think wine sales can start January 1st. Anyone, feel free to correct me.

• The title was changed to Silverlake Shopping Center Developments
  • The title was changed to Silverlake Shopping Center At 3045 Silverlake Village Dr.

Archived