New HEB Opening Dates

mrfootball

So Sad....... THe lady at the info desk of Central Market told me Saturday that both of these stores are going to be regular HEB's - not hybrid, not Central Mkt. She said they are the new 'expanded' stores - whatever that means. What a dissapointment............

So Sad....... THe lady at the info desk of Central Market told me Saturday that both of these stores are going to be regular HEB's - not hybrid, not Central Mkt. She said they are the new 'expanded' stores - whatever that means. What a dissapointment............

From the Vintage Park website, it does look like the HEB will be of the Central Market Variety:

"HEB is a dominant company in the Texas grocery market. Famous for its "Central Market" concept, the HEB at Vintage Park will capture the traditional grocery features with expanded Central Market features, offering everything from a sushi bar to outdoor furniture. "

From what ENGcons just said, it sounds like the Vintage HEB will be a hybrid. These are the best kind, because you get your regular groceries plus some of the nicer stuff if you ever feel the occassion to spend the extra money. If it is as nice as the Woodlands Market store, I will be very happy.

Even if it was just a regular HEB Pantry Foods, how can you possibly be disappointed when there are only about 4 or 5 HEB stores in the entire west and north Houston areas. As someone who is about to move into an apartment near the Willowbrook Methodist Hospital, I'll take anything with the HEB name over Kroger and Randalls. HEB sells quality food for modest prices, unlike Kroger and Randalls, which sell sub-quality food for slightly high prices. It will also be nice to be able to shop at an HEB nearby without having to drive all the way to the Louetta and Stuebner Airline Rd location.

• 3 weeks later...
From what ENGcons just said, it sounds like the Vintage HEB will be a hybrid. These are the best kind, because you get your regular groceries plus some of the nicer stuff if you ever feel the occassion to spend the extra money. If it is as nice as the Woodlands Market store, I will be very happy.

Even if it was just a regular HEB Pantry Foods, how can you possibly be disappointed when there are only about 4 or 5 HEB stores in the entire west and north Houston areas. As someone who is about to move into an apartment near the Willowbrook Methodist Hospital, I'll take anything with the HEB name over Kroger and Randalls. HEB sells quality food for modest prices, unlike Kroger and Randalls, which sell sub-quality food for slightly high prices. It will also be nice to be able to shop at an HEB nearby without having to drive all the way to the Louetta and Stuebner Airline Rd location.

There are three H-E-B stores in the Katy area, one being a H-E-B Plus.

The new HEB store at The Vintage will be a "hybrid" store - very similar to the Woodlands store. End of story!

The "hybrid" store is a regular grocery store with an expansive "Central Market" area similar to (but smaller than) the Central Martkets inside the loop.

If I had to choose between a "regular HEB" , a Central Market", and a "Hybrid", I would choose the Hybrid without a doubt.

The new HEB store at The Vintage will be a "hybrid" store - very similar to the Woodlands store. End of story!

The "hybrid" store is a regular grocery store with an expansive "Central Market" area similar to (but smaller than) the Central Martkets inside the loop.

If I had to choose between a "regular HEB" , a Central Market", and a "Hybrid", I would choose the Hybrid without a doubt.

The Coles Crossing store will also be one as well, with the Cafe on the Run and the expanded Butcher/Seafood shoppe, chef stations, etc.

• 1 month later...

Just got the flyer for the "Cypress Market" store:

Opens Oct. 24th

7,000 sq ft meat market

400 varieties of cheeses

17 varieties of apples

42 feet of Seafood arriving daily

2,000 wines

Sushiya Sushi bar

Artisan Bakery

Thousands of Organics

European-style deli

CM Cafe on the Run

Grill & Outdoors dept

Chef & Cooking classes "The Cooking Connection"

*Hoping the expanded wine selection means they'll have an expanded beer selection

Just because an HEB has a "Cafe on the Run" Does NOT make it a hybrid store. In The Woodlands the Indian Springs store has one and isn't considered a hybrid. The only differences between that HEB and the Woodlands Market are actually very few. Most HEB stores have expanded their product line and carry 70% of the specialty items that the hybrid stores carry. Most HEBs have a sushi area now.

The only differences between a nice upscale HEB and The Woodlands Market location are very few:

Obviously a Cafe on the Run (some regular HEBs have this)

the bread area.

The Seafood area

The ethnic area with items from different countries

the bulk goods area (some regular HEBs have this)

I can't really think of any other differences.

Okay the article was in the Chron today.

Most of the time when a prototype is built, the developers use that as a model and then build others that are bigger.

I know it's going to bigger than the one in The Woodlands. What does it matter? Why do you bash anything that has to do with The Woodlands?

Okay the article was in the Chron today.

Most of the time when a prototype is built, the developers use that as a model and then build others that are bigger.

I know it's going to bigger than the one in The Woodlands. What does it matter? Why do you bash anything that has to do with The Woodlands?

Not true, Mom. I really do like The Woodlands.

Just don't care for Woodlands people who feel the need to speak in superlatives all the time. It gets old. It's a bit played out and usually not exactly true. (As in this case)

The two new hybrid stores will be the first "new generation" H-E-B hybrids, McClelland noted. The first area hybrid, H-E-B Woodlands Market, is smaller at 78,000 square feet. (Vintage Market & Cypress Market are 110,000 square feet).

I do like The Woodlands though. I like a lot of areas in Greater Houston.

To put an end to the suburban rumble, I'll go back to the original topic.

The Vintage location of HEB will indeed be a hybrid store. A customer of mine recently quit his job when he was offered a good position at the Vintage store. He has confirmed the hybrid report.

*I did notice the signs on 249 and Louetta now that boast about their "400 kinds of cheese" and so forth.

To put an end to the suburban rumble, I'll go back to the original topic.

The Vintage location of HEB will indeed be a hybrid store. A customer of mine recently quit his job when he was offered a good position at the Vintage store. He has confirmed the hybrid report.

*I did notice the signs on 249 and Louetta now that boast about their "400 kinds of cheese" and so forth.

Maybe the guy left the Woodlands location to go into the lucrative cheese-selling business...

Archived