Home At 2200 Harvard St.

terrbo

hi! I've lived in 3 places in the Heights thru the years.. the husband and I were driving around Heights a few weeks ago, showing my hub where I lived on Courtland and 18th.. only apt. complex I've ever lived in that had a jacuzzi.. and found this interesting house on Harvard and 22nd. Not particularly in my price range but most impressive.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/terr-bo/BuffaloBayou019.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/terr-bo/BuffaloBayou022.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually like that house's attempt. What I don't quite get is the not-so-contemporary white gate/fence and the building in the rear. Might have to see it in person though.

if i'm not mistaken it's a lap pool. heights resident please correct me. when you're there it looks good.

if i'm not mistaken it's a lap pool. heights resident please correct me. when you're there it looks good.

Yes, it's a lap pool. The owner, who is very friendly, has done a lot of work and landscaping to the place lately and it's really coming together.

I'm another fan of this house. It may not be in the "style of the neighborhood" but neither are the gazillion New Orleans Revival homes that have gone up around the Heights. At least this one is interesting.

I do have to say last time I went buy it looked like they were having some exterior mold issues...

I aw that house for the first time a year or so ago. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. When we drove by it the first time, I think I reacall looking into the windows and noticing that the wallss, floors, ceilings, etc. were also all white. I wonder if that ever gets old to the owner. I think it backs up to a park if I remember, and so with it also being on a corner, it's kinda off by itself a little bit. At any rate, I too am glad to see a little variety.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I don't usually comment here in "The Heights" section, but I was biking yesterday in your neck and came across a really cool house. It's at 2200 Harvard, next to the basketball courts. A sort of modern take on the neighborhood vernacular. Do any of you know who the architect was? What are your thoughts on this type of home amidst the older ones? I think it is great! I'd love to see inside.

Hello all,

I don't usually comment here in "The Heights" section, but I was biking yesterday in your neck and came across a really cool house. It's at 2200 Harvard, next to the basketball courts. A sort of modern take on the neighborhood vernacular. Do any of you know who the architect was? What are your thoughts on this type of home amidst the older ones? I think it is great! I'd love to see inside.

This one?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...showtopic=11355

I love this house! I discovered it a couple of months ago. Very Bettle Juice!

You just made my jaw drop... I literally said the same thing when I saw it, "Very Beetle Juice!"

I think this house is great!

• 7 months later...

Actually, I don't even know the answer. I saw it and just had to take a picture. I thought it was a church, but I'm not sure. It's really cool though. Right next to a park. I forgot where I was when I took it.

med_gallery_723_64_242097.jpg

Actually, I don't even know the answer. I saw it and just had to take a picture. I thought it was a church, but I'm not sure. It's really cool though. Right next to a park. I forgot where I was when I took it.

Yeah, it kinda reminds me of a Mormon temple or something, being white and with the odd spire and such.

I was wondering what the story on the house was just yesterday. It's very close to my home and I drive by it all the time. It's been there a long time....I remember it seemed to take several years to build, and it still looks pretty unoccupied to me. I've never seen anything but a handful of construction trucks parked at it. It's very fascinating in person, I would call it more of a mod than a faux Victorian. I always suspected the original designer/builder/owner ran out of money, I would love to hear more details.

• 3 weeks later...

We rode our bikes past this yesterday before I had read this posting... we thought it might be an art gallery or something. The landscaping is nice but the house looks so cold and white. I agree that except for the windows it looks like a Mormon temple of some sort. Because it's not immediate neighbors with other houses it doesn't look as out-of-place as it would on a different part of Harvard St.

Archived