Toilet Slow to Drain When it Rains a Lot

We've been getting some pretty heavy rain here lately, and every time we get a real good soaking here at the house, my toilet will drain VERY slowly every time I flush it for about 5-6 hours after the storm has passed. Once things dry out a bit, 5-6 hours later it resumes its normal operation. Anybody had this problem before? Was it a city sewer problem?

We've been getting some pretty heavy rain here lately, and every time we get a real good soaking here at the house, my toilet will drain VERY slowly every time I flush it for about 5-6 hours after the storm has passed. Once things dry out a bit, 5-6 hours later it resumes its normal operation. Anybody had this problem before? Was it a city sewer problem?

Had that problem at a house we used to rent, never knew what the resolution was because we moved ou before it was solved. But we always had a bucket to put a little extra pressure into the toilet when it was needed. Until it's resolved, I'd suggest that. It's crude, but it works. Just watch your back when you lift it. :)

usually this happens if you are on a septic system. i know my parents went put on city water yrs ago and for some reason the tub wouldn't drain well. well my dad discovered it was still hooked up to the septic system. once it was hooked up to the city system they had no more problems.

not sure if this is your case but hope it helps.

Archived