Sign in to follow this  

Ben Milam Hotel Construction/Demolition/Rehab

I might make this event.. I'll be bringing my small army of family I acquired, though.

Lol, awesome! I love this post!

How did you acquire a small army of family? :D

Guys, can we all wear something to identify ourselves as haifers, like they do on cruise ships?

Yellow Bandana on the wrist? All red t shirts? "Hello, my name is 'Sefviv'" nametags?

I might be with dog in tow or by with some friends. I was thinking of the same parking lot sevfiv, though I was thinking off of Crawford since MMP area mught be accessible (the diamond with the statues of Bagwell and Biggio)

As for identifying markers for us, I might be game

• Like 1

Everyone wear T-shirts that say "I'm from the Internet."

That's hilarious, I had to share with some coworkers.

I went by Preston/Crawford the other night and the view from the street is good - however close to that as possible is where I'll be. I'll probably wear the grey building (profile icon) shirt just for fun.

I went by Preston/Crawford the other night and the view from the street is good - however close to that as possible is where I'll be. I'll probably wear the grey building (profile icon) shirt just for fun.

What time will you be there?

I see that a few cops have been outside the Inn at the Ballpark since this morning. I'm going to walk my dog around there in about half an hour and see if they will let me know what the perimeter will be. I'll be heading out there around 1215-ish, probably wearing an old Eagles shirt and some shorts

Northbound Traffic is closed on Crawford to Preston and Southbound traffic is closed on LaBranch starting at Congress. In front of the white builiding (forgot the name) in betwen Crawford and LaBranch on Preston is where I will be to watch

I am at the corner of Austin and prairie, wearing a dynamo shirt

I'm at the corner of Austin and prairie as well?

Wearing a black shirt, shorts and sitting over my bicycle..

Edited by samagon

Ugh, I'm an idiot and didn't check the recording format. Had it set to vga from a recent business trip and never reset :(

Was really neat to watch in person!

Looks like we were all pretty close.

I'm a bit surprised how close we could get. Though I guess the building isn't especially big. Still though, it was about half the distance of the last couple demolitions I went to.

And my video since I seem to have been in the wrong thread before.

Edited by YakuzaIce

I'm a bit surprised how close we could get. Though I guess the building isn't especially big. Still though, it was about half the distance of the last couple demolitions I went to.

Savoy Hotel I was a little closer, but that wasn't done with explosives.

Heres mine:

Jax, you musta been standing right next to me lol!

Haha I'm in the video at 1:27. I'm the guy riding the bike.

• Like 1

Mine.

I'm also in this video but you can't see me quite as well as the other! :P

Here's the HD version of mine. I had to reupload when I was on wifi to get the highest resolution.

Here's my video, for good measure:

I was to the left of you near the intersection. Were you the one with the tripod?

Edited by arrodiii

I was to the left of you near the intersection. Were you the one with the tripod?

I was in a row of tripods on the sidewalk behind at to the left of the police car that was stationed in the parking lot..

OH, and the Chronicle was filming behind us so I'm on their video :unsure:

Does anyone have any pictures of the site now? I was down there for the demo, but I ran from the dust and haven't had a chance to see what was left.

Why is a british paper covering a kind of small implosion/development project in Houston, TX/? Was this a bigger news story than I thought?

I wonder the same thing, I imagine there would have been more international outrage at the downtown YMCA being demo'd.

Does anyone have any pictures of the site now? I was down there for the demo, but I ran from the dust and haven't had a chance to see what was left.

Here is one that I took immediately after the dust cleared. I meant to take some yesterday but forgot on my way home. I can try and get some if you want - I walk past it every morning/afternoon on the way to and from work.

And Purdueenginerd - I think that it may be because Norton Rose and Fulbright & Jaworski merged to create a very huge law firm. Only specualtion but that is the only reason I can think as to why the Mail would cover it

post-9970-0-28805700-1355242080_thumb.jp

Edited by arrodiii

Daily Mail is a tabloid type paper that will print whatever it finds interesting, especially stuff with pictures or video.

Exactly. The guy had a "story" up about it way before contacting me. There are tons of errors in it and it got buried as soon as it was posted!

Kylejack, you were literally standing just to the left of me by less than a foot. I definitely saw myself at the beginning Haha

Told yall we should have worn the sombreros!

You guys are no fun!