811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

For those of you who were wondering where the retail would be located...

http://www.mainplacehouston.com/pdf/maps/H...rtsV6__(p1).PDF

I am so glad to see them putting that large piece of retail along main street.

I don't want to get hyperbolic, but this building could really do wonders for that part of downtown. Having a big Class A building that opens out to Main ought to bring a lot more foot traffic to the area and do wonders for the vibe you get as a pedestrian.

FYI - the MainPlace website is up and running today. The video section will be complete shortly, as we're trying to find a good mix of quality and download speed for the building videos.

www.mainplacehouston.com

(and no, the building has not gotten any taller. Still 46 stories with a 2 story parapet wall on top)

Aerial-View.jpg

Thank goodness that they finally buried that stinking bayou. But I am NOT happy about all the stoplights added to Allen Parkway.

I wonder if that rendering was inspired by the old phone book cover drawings. Hours of entertainment!

Edited by pestofan

Thank goodness that they finally buried that stinking bayou. But I am NOT happy about all the stoplights added to Allen Parkway.

I wonder if that rendering was inspired by the old phone book cover drawings. Hours of entertainment!

Ha! I didn't even notice. What the hell is that city in the background? :lol:

What in the world?? I think it's San Antonio in the background.

Edit: Oh wait, you know what I just realized? The whole entire picture is a model! It's not even a real photo of Houston. I just thought the colors on the buildings had been changed, but no... if you check the textures around all the skyscrapers, they all have a tan-fake sidewalk. How weird.

Edited by Triton

What in the world?? I think it's San Antonio in the background.

Edit: Oh wait, you know what I just realized? The whole entire picture is a model! It's not even a real photo of Houston. I just thought the colors on the buildings had been changed, but no... if you check the textures around all the skyscrapers, they all have a tan-fake sidewalk. How weird.

Simcity 5, anyone? :P

• 2 weeks later...
the video is very well done... this is gonna be a very nice building.

People, please look at the beginning of the video again..... DID HINES INADVERTENTLY TIP ITS HAND ON ANOTHER PROJECT?

In the beginning of the video in which Hines points out all its projects/properties downtown, why does El Paso Tower have a 2011 completion date listed?

Is there a renovation in the works for El Paso Tower?

Wow - dramatic video...looks nice though.

I just hope that MainPlace pumps some life in to the sad sad state of the Stowers building (all done up and nowhere to go...way to go Spire Realty).

I think that would at least undo some of the bad karmic retribution Hines might have for committing building-icide on that block... :P

^While I didn't see it on the Hines' listing of projects, it is mentioned here:

http://www.hines.com/contact/offices/southwest.aspx

Well, obviously construction work has yet to begin on El Paso Tower's renovation. I work next door and pass (street level) by or through (via tunnel) El Paso on almost a daily basis and I have seen no signs of a renovation on going. But then again, completeion of the project according to Hines is for 2011 so they have 3 more years still....

Anyone know what Hines has planned for the renovation of El Paso Tower?

El Paso is basically gutting the entire building, and redoing everything from the structure out. I believe the building is also getting a new, all glass lobby which is supposed to be spectacular. Hines is acting as the Project Manager, with Gilbane as the General Contractor.

El Paso is basically gutting the entire building, and redoing everything from the structure out. I believe the building is also getting a new, all glass lobby which is supposed to be spectacular. Hines is acting as the Project Manager, with Gilbane as the General Contractor.

Well there ya go.

Man that suxs, I was eager to see the videos and either they are currently not working or I can't access them from work. All I see at the site is Videos Coming soon! Is there is anothe link to view them? Suggestions are welcomed.

Edited by CasaNova