811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

I didn't want to start a new topic ... so I'll ask here because pf the picture in post #838. Which building(s) have an observation floor open to the public and which block would it be at)? Thanks, I have been DT thousands of times but never to an observation floor. Also, I have seen pictures of the interior of a gorgeous bank. Which building is that?

Thanks ...... Main Place is looking great!

I didn't want to start a new topic ... so I'll ask here because pf the picture in post #838. Which building(s) have an observation floor open to the public and which block would it be at)? Thanks, I have been DT thousands of times but never to an observation floor. Also, I have seen pictures of the interior of a gorgeous bank. Which building is that?

Thanks ...... Main Place is looking great!

Chase Tower (the tallest building in Texas) has one. Well's Fargo (the tall green one) has one.

I'm not sure which lobby you're speaking of, but the Chase lobby in the old Gulf Building is opulent. It's grandness is like going back in time.

Both the Chase Tower and Wells Fargo sky lobbies are great and free and open to the public. Just go up the elevator to the sky lobby floor (it should be marked) or ask security. Be careful though, security generally doesn't like it if you take pictures (still not totally sure why). You have to be sneaky to take them. Be discreet about it and don't let them see your camera when you walk in.

Edited by Jax

Both the Chase Tower and Wells Fargo sky lobbies are great and free and open to the public. Just go up the elevator to the sky lobby floor (it should be marked) or ask security. Be careful though, security generally doesn't like it if you take pictures (still not totally sure why). You have to be sneaky to take them. Be discreet about it and don't let them see your camera when you walk in.

Is the Wells Fargo sky lobby open to the public? I know it was in the past but then they closed it... is it open to the public again?

Edited by HtownWxBoy

Is the Wells Fargo sky lobby open to the public? I know it was in the past but then they closed it... is it open to the public again?

Someone posted pics from up there very recently, not sure under what topic.

Chase Tower (the tallest building in Texas) has one. Well's Fargo (the tall green one) has one.

I'm not sure which lobby you're speaking of, but the Chase lobby in the old Gulf Building is opulent. It's grandness is like going back in time.

Thanks for the help!!! Went to chase tower today and the old gulf building.. Very Cool!!!

Thanks for the help!!! Went to chase tower today and the old gulf building.. Very Cool!!!

I met a friend for lunch and I took her to the Gulf Bldg. today too!

It looks like the main entrance for Main Place will be on Rusk. Pretty impressive, multi-story lobby. I can't wait to see some of the glass go up.

Photo I took last night and this tower is finally starting to make a small impact on main street. Cant wait to see what it will look like TO.

3571219088_bc38bfc145_o.jpg

For a fairly new member, you sure do make a big impact.

On par with member ChannelTwoNews.

Well, I am just only in town once every few months and whenever I come I take as many photos as possible and stay downtown all day ;) I go to school in Arkansas and its terrible but I grew up here and since living in a backwards redneck rural state I have come to cherish downtown and the second I graduate, Im moving downtown if I can find a job here.

Edited by photolitherland

Well, I am just only in town once every few months and whenever I come I take as many photos as possible and stay downtown all day ;) I go to school in Arkansas and its terrible but I grew up here and since living in a backwards redneck rural state I have come to cherish downtown and the second I graduate, Im moving downtown if I can find a job here.

You've been at SSP forever though, so I consider you an old-timer. ;)

I go to school in Arkansas and its terrible but I grew up here and since living in a backwards redneck rural state I have come to cherish downtown and the second I graduate, Im moving downtown if I can find a job here.

Amen to that. I went to college @ SFA (awesome college) in rural Nacogdoches. Once I moved back to Houston, I bought a place in Midtown and have loved every second of it. Downtown/Midtown/Montrose/Museum District are some of my favorite places in this state (and I've even lived in Austin).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey be careful what you say about my home state!!

(Notice I didn't say that I disagree with you ;) )

oh.. and GO WONDERBOYS!

Edited by totheskies

• 2 weeks later...