811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

MainPlace will be tunnel connected via the tunnel system across Main Street. This is the first tunnel to cross under the light rail since its completion.

Im in Houston 2, and I think it will be connect to Houston 1 via sky bridge.

edit: my office overlooks the lot, so I'll try to keep us all posted.

MainPlace will be tunnel connected via the tunnel system across Main Street. This is the first tunnel to cross under the light rail since its completion.

Oh yea. I'm thinking of Houston 6. I can see the MainPlace lot as well. I'm getting all the construction confused! :D

FYI - MainPlace is breaking ground on Monday March 3rd, two months ahead of schedule. Cap beam excavation will start the first week, with first drilling operations the following week. The site will ramp up to 3 drilling rigs by late March.

Wow... how often does that happen! :unsure:

FYI - MainPlace is breaking ground on Monday March 3rd, two months ahead of schedule. Cap beam excavation will start the first week, with first drilling operations the following week. The site will ramp up to 3 drilling rigs by late March.

So did they officially break ground? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Please do not tell me this project is going to stall and leave nothing but a huge hole on Main St. Please do not tell me that.

I don't think it's stalled. Somebody posted some pictures on another link recently. It showed Discover Tower and Main Place 'holes'. It looked like they were shoring up the perimeters with concrete piling. I'm not sure at what phase a crane will be erected.

I don't think it's stalled. Somebody posted some pictures on another link recently. It showed Discover Tower and Main Place 'holes'. It looked like they were shoring up the perimeters with concrete piling. I'm not sure at what phase a crane will be erected.

Usually the ground pilons are set, then a foundation is poured for the crane.

Usually the ground pilons are set, then a foundation is poured for the crane.

They are in there everyday doing all kinds of stuff. I don't know enough about construction to give any kind of definitive answers but here's what I have observed...

Disco Tower dug a big hole and then started putting in massive rebard and piers.

Hines 47 never really cleard out the entire hole but worked with and around the exisitng structures already there (and they also have to make sure the Stowers building does not fall) and have also drilled a bunch of rebar and piers.

From what I see everyday, Hines is doing about as much as Disco, it just doesn't appear as dramatic to the naked eye.

Man, are they!

Well, considering the developer's record on Main Street in the past year or two, Hines will be happy to make MainPlace a skeletal, floodlit garage if that were to become a "smarter" investment. Which just goes to show that "highest and best use of the land" is a slippery concept.

Well, considering the developer's record on Main Street in the past year or two, Hines will be happy to make MainPlace a skeletal, floodlit garage if that were to become a "smarter" investment. Which just goes to show that "highest and best use of the land" is a slippery concept.

Also considering that this is a completely different project from Shamrock, and has actually started construction.

This forum cracks me up. People just need to chill out.

Hines is one of the best developers in the world.

MainPlace is under construction. It will completed. When finished, it will the best office building in Texas and will likely command the highest rents in the state.

MainPlace is under construction. It will completed. When finished, it will the best office building in Texas and will likely command the highest rents in the state.

Really? The best office building in Texas?

People are really overreacting.

How is that an overreaction, Trae?

Yay! It's 1999 again?

No digital camera. . . really?

I roll with slide film.