Need Comcast help!

Storms last week killed a cable line outside, So my internet was down. CC came and "tested" the line and said "it's the modem." Modem was replaced but i assume the MAC/SN was put for RR which i never had, I had Earthlink! (i know earthlink sells through time warner) I can't send email(unless i use webmail.) and can't go on newsgroups, Says "Service for subscribers only" My ip has gone from xxxxxxxmindspring.com to xxxxxxhouston.rr.com and Comcast sits with a finger up there a%$ telling me "Well you have roadrunner!" "Ok, what happened to my earthink account?!"" I don't know i only deal with comcast roadrunner..." Who can i get ahold of?

I am a fellow earthlink account holder. Sorry about your problem.... I hate dealing with customer service either with the Cable Company or with Earthlink.

However since you are able to connect to internet and use webmail, in the past the best way for me to deal with earthlink was through their chat service at:

Earthlink Support

Good luck!

I am a fellow earthlink account holder. Sorry about your problem.... I hate dealing with customer service either with the Cable Company or with Earthlink.

However since you are able to connect to internet and use webmail, in the past the best way for me to deal with earthlink was through their chat service at:

Earthlink Support

Good luck!

It's not earthlinks fault, CC said i have Roadrunner... :( I called the tech that visited my house and he said "Comcast isn't doing earthlink, that's why you have rr account."

Earthlink Support

Good luck!

Earthlink is awesome and I feel awful for those people losing houston.rr.com addresses to comcast.net. I still have my earthlink.net.

I hope you get back on soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I have Earthlink over cable also, which has been trouble-free and fast for several years. Well after a couple of rough weeks at the end of June as the Comcast transition started, with slow speeds, last week I noticed that my Internet at home was faster than it had ever been. A few speed tests confirmed that I was running at Comcast's new 6Mbps. Then Saturday my service kept going down for 5-10 minutes at a time about once every hour. I just assumed it was part of the transition, and Comcast has left at least four recorded messages on my answering machine in the last week saying I might experience temporary Internet disruptions during the transition. However, Saturday night it went completely down, and I've had no service since. I called Comcast this morning and the guy on the phone had me reset my modem (duh... I've done that like 5 times already before calling him) and then said that he would have to send a technician out. Today is the only day this week I'm really in Houston but of course they can't send someone today. He wanted to send a technician in the morning, but I have to fly to Montreal then, so that won't work. The next time I'm home that a technician could be here is Saturday morning. Ugh! And of course I have work I need to do today that in part requires more bandwidth than the dial-up connection I'm currently dealing with.

I'm not happy with this. Hopefully Saturday morning the technician can get me back up and running. If not I'm going to see what else is out there and consider switching my ISP for the first time in nearly six years.

Archived