Grandeur Park

Looks like Kickerillo is going back to his old stomping ground near Williamsburg Settlement. I knew good things were going to happen to that community--it's a gem of a neighborhood and an overlooked Kickerillo treasure that he couldn't finish due to the economy at the time.

There isn't much on Grandeur Park, but it is going to be a gated community just east of the new Grand Promenade and just south of Williamsburg Settlement off of Colonial.

grandeurpark.jpg

Has anyone heard any more info? I haven't seen any press releases or news on it.

I knew this a long time ago. I saw the plans when looking at the new mall's site map. They had lakes and big lots. This area will look real nice. Sometimes I would rather the new mall be indoor like Memorial City.

Yeah, they do get sillier. :lol: Though it isn't surprising coming from the man who gave us subdivisions named after his wife and daughter!

I think the next one should be The Enclave at Extravagance.

Hmmm...methinks this could be a whole new thread...."Name the Next Kickerillo Neighborhood"... ;)

Is anyone else digging the latest pic of Vincent? Ooooh! All that's missing is a gold necklace.

http://www.kickerillo.com/houston-custom-home-builder.html

Yeah, they do get sillier. :lol: Though it isn't surprising coming from the man who gave us subdivisions named after his wife and daughter!

I think the next one should be The Enclave at Extravagance.

Hmmm...methinks this could be a whole new thread...."Name the Next Kickerillo Neighborhood"... ;)

Is anyone else digging the latest pic of Vincent? Ooooh! All that's missing is a gold necklace.

http://www.kickerillo.com/houston-custom-home-builder.html

Umm, he does wear a thick, gold necklace........ :blush:

Hubby said that I should be nice to him because he probably "knows people."

I knew this a long time ago. I saw the plans when looking at the new mall's site map. They had lakes and big lots. This area will look real nice. Sometimes I would rather the new mall be indoor like Memorial City.

I feel like a broken record, but I wish they would make less surface lots and more garages. I know it is more expensive, but it sure help those long walk to the store on those hot summer days.

"Grandeur Park" on the Grand Promenade. I swear these names get sillier and more pretentious all the time.

They romaticize it for sure.

My friends live in a community on the northeast side of I-10 and Beltway 8 and it is called the Enchanted Forest.

Sound like something that belongs in a Disney resort.

I grew up in Williamsburg Settlement and my parents still live there (they moved in in '79). There was always talk of a mall going in between mason and grandparkway - it looks like it may finally be happening.

Does anyone have any more information or better pictures of this new Kickerello development? I am excited about all of the planned development for that area.

When are they going to start building the Grand Parkway north of I-10? Also, what are they going to do about the I-10/Grand Parkway interchange? The thing is always crowded. We need some flyover ramps.

When are they going to start building the Grand Parkway north of I-10? Also, what are they going to do about the I-10/Grand Parkway interchange? The thing is always crowded. We need some flyover ramps.

They always seem to wait until after it's populated to make upgrades, why, I still ponder that question.

It's a headache.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to someone at Kickerillo and was told that definite plans are for townhouses and apartments at this point. I did not know that Kickerillo was in the apartment business. Houses would be so much better, but considering the proximity to the Shopping Center I am not at all surprised. They are pushing dirt around as we speak.

• 2 months later...

Grandeur Park, The Grand new grand plans on Grand ParkwayHouston Business Journal - by Allison Wollam Houston Business Journal

Grandeur Park, The Grand new grand plans on Grand Parkway

Kickerillo Cos. has acquired a 100-acre parcel at Interstate 10 and the Grand Parkway with plans to build a 1,300-home community in the growing area.

Houston-based Kickerillo purchased the land from Westside Ventures Ltd. for an undisclosed price.

Vincent Kickerillo, CEO and chairman of Kickerillo Cos., has grand plans for the purchased land.

A new development called Grandeur Park will feature 350 townhomes and villas priced from $300,000 to $600,000.

Grandeur Park will be located across the street from The Grand, Simon Property Group Inc.'s newest Houston project.

The Indianapolis-based company, which also owns the Galleria, plans an open-air town center of 1 million square feet along the Grand Parkway and I-10.

The first phase of The Grand is slated to open in 2010.

A rendering of The Grand lists Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Whole Foods as potential future tenants, but Simon spokesman Les Morris declines to divulge further details.

Says Morris: "I can't comment on any current negotiations, so I can't respond about the retailers you mentioned, in particular. However, we are speaking to potential tenants about the site and the interest has been strong."

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...2420800^1534288

Done, thanks.

It's interesting to see townhouses now being built in suburban subdivisions. I suppose they offer a lower price into the nicer spots and that semi-urban experience that's attractive to some but at $300K and up, they must be huge townhomes.

Neiman Marcus is definetely going at The Grand Mall.....and high-end townhomes are going to be a really good idea in the wonderful Morton Ranch Area.

I don't think the area for The Grand and Grandeur Park would be considered Morton Ranch. It's barely north of I-10 along the Grand Parkway.

Does anyone know if Neiman's is actually in talks with The Grand developers? I know that two "upscale department stores" are expected a couple years after Dillards, Macy's, etc. are built, but I'm wondering if any real talks have begun or this is still in the complete speculation phase.

Well for everyone who is jealous that the New High-end Houston Mall in going in the Morton Ranch Area...sucks for you! I mean not everything has to go where all the white rich folks live...come on American is changing.. I love the Morton Ranch Area because it truely reflects the diversity of our country and Texas unlike the other katy schools (with the exception of mayde creek)....HATERS

Well for everyone who is jealous that the New High-end Houston Mall in going in the Morton Ranch Area...sucks for you! I mean not everything has to go where all the white rich folks live...come on American is changing.. I love the Morton Ranch Area because it truely reflects the diversity of our country and Texas unlike the other katy schools (with the exception of mayde creek)....HATERS

I didn't see anyone post any comments that could be construed as jealous. 99 and I-10 is an obvious great location for a large mall, and I don't think there's room enough for it on the south side - plus, the infrastructure was already in place, since the site was originally prepared for a Houston Premium Outlet mall years ago.

And I never see anyone posting negative comments about the people who live on the north side of Katy. In fact, it is the other way around. I have seen several negative comments about the "rich white people" who live on the south side. My neighborhood, in Cinco Ranch, is very diverse. White, hispanic (from multiple cultures), black (from multiple cultures), russian, Asian, Indian and many others. And not everyone is rich, either.

come on....don't lie to your selve...the reason why people go to cinco ranch is to be in a mostly white place...l(at least 60 70 %)....dudes...we gotta change this idea....DIVERSITY IS THE FUTURE OF AMERICA....and I'm no talking about....three or four hispanics...in a street..or one black family......and maybe 2 or 3 asian families.....and the rest white...im saying something...like north katy......41% white....37% hisp.....12% black...n 10 % asian/ other..

come on....don't lie to your selve...the reason why people go to cinco ranch is to be in a mostly white place...l(at least 60 70 %)....dudes...we gotta change this idea....DIVERSITY IS THE FUTURE OF AMERICA....and I'm no talking about....three or four hispanics...in a street..or one black family......and maybe 2 or 3 asian families.....and the rest white...im saying something...like north katy......41% white....37% hisp.....12% black...n 10 % asian/ other..

What is up with the whitey sucks thing? And only you are one saying ppl are jealous, its not like south katy / cinco ranch area folks aren't allowed access to the mall. Its less than 10 minutes drive up.

Diversity, to me, is the number of different cultures in a neighborhood, not the number of races. I hear so many different accents in my neighborhood, how many different accents do you hear where you are? If you wish to trash anyone, please do so on another forum. This forum is for information on buildings and real estate - facts, not personal rantings and ravings. Move on, grow up.

What is up with the whitey sucks thing? And only you are one saying ppl are jealous, its not like south katy / cinco ranch area folks aren't allowed access to the mall. Its less than 10 minutes drive up.

I agree completely. Someone seems to have a real axe to grind.

And frankly, many south Katy residents (myself included) are GLAD that the mall is going north of I-10. I can get to the mall within 10 minutes, but avoid having the additional traffic and crime that a mall can attract in my own backyard.

On a positive note, I do think that The Grand being an outdoor mall will somewhat help reduce the "hanging out" and will attract more actual shoppers vs. teenagers looking for trouble.

Archived