Is Houston a bad place for someone with eczema?

C2H

Hey everyone. I've been trying to move to houston for several years now. It seems like everytime i'm in Houston, my allergies and eczema flares up. I don't know if its because my body isn't adapted to Houston's altitude/climate but its just something i've been wondering. Houston also has alot of trees which i hear does cause itching. Colorado's dry climate is no walk in the park because of the dryness but Houston has more pollutants which i think will be a bigger issue.

Any info would greatly be appreciated.

All I know is that on most vacations I've taken in the last few years, I've felt so much better than I do at home. No asthma, no allergies, no problems with my contacts.

But this is where my family and friends are, and we can make a decent living here, and I keep my inhaler handy :) so we stay.

Hey everyone. I've been trying to move to houston for several years now. It seems like everytime i'm in Houston, my allergies and eczema flares up. I don't know if its because my body isn't adapted to Houston's altitude/climate but its just something i've been wondering. Houston also has alot of trees which i hear does cause itching. Colorado's dry climate is no walk in the park because of the dryness but Houston has more pollutants which i think will be a bigger issue.

I had severe eczema as a child, and still get occasional flare ups. As a kid, I always noticed that the condition really cleared up when I visited other states, especially arid ones. During the winter months I'm generally ok, but the summer months bring the occasional rash. For me, the humidity really brings it on, but I understand everyone's skin reacts to eczema differently.

As far as allergies, I've lived here most of my life, and have yet to develop any. :ph34r:

I just went to an allergist and tested positive to every kind of mold there is. Allergist said thats why my sinuses are a mess and why my face gets a red rash. You cant escape it here. Its everywhere. Inside and out. I've been here for 50 years and you just learn to cope. I love Houston and the surrounding areas way to much to move. Just think, the humidity keeps you looking younger. :)

Archived