Snow Mountain Amusement Park

MidtownCoog

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or is that article really poorly written?

Other features include a snow circuit, indoor water park, an action factory and a multiplex cinema.

What is an action factory?

Where are they putting this? It might be fitting to put this type of attraction or whatever it is near the Earth Quest Adventures park up in New Caney buried behind the tall pines, and then Houston will have its own little version of Orlando just up the highway.

It sounds kind of like the ski thing in FW except the skiing will be indoors and on real fake snow instead of outdoors on white plastic. Real fake snow sounds more fun, because you will be able to have fake snowball fights. At the one in FW you will have to tear off and roll up scorching pieces of plastic and throw it. >:)

Well, that's just it, there are no specifics like location or time line or anything that would give authenticity to this article. I would love for this to happen:-)

I think any artificial snow development in Texas is cheesy whether if it be in Dallas/Ft Worth or Houston.

You are not going to get enough real snow in Houston for skiing. Besides, think how great this will be, people will no longer go to Colorado in the winter to ski, just stay home. Also, think of playing in the snow in the very long and hot summer, cool!

You are not going to get enough real snow in Houston for skiing. Besides, think how great this will be, people will no longer go to Colorado in the winter to ski, just stay home. Also, think of playing in the snow in the very long and hot summer, cool!

I guess. I'm still waiting on a few Dallas forumers to tell us how hypocritical we are for being excited about this coming to Houston when we slammed it to death when it was going to Fort Worth. Sorry Mods if that sounds like trying to steer this into a DFW Vs. Houston war. But i am expecting someone to point that out..

I guess. I'm still waiting on a few Dallas forumers to tell us how hypocritical we are for being excited about this coming to Houston when we slammed it to death when it was going to Fort Worth. Sorry Mods if that sounds like trying to steer this into a DFW Vs. Houston war. But i am expecting someone to point that out..

Well you're the one that brought it up. It's not a Dallas topic - let go of it.

What the ____ is this. It is just like the one in Fort Worth (just indoors and on real fake snow). The article sounds fake, and "Ultimate Snow's" website looks outdated.

It probably is cheesy, but who cares. Playing in a fake beach at a waterpark is cheesy too, but that doesn't stop people from enjoying it. This project sounds like it's on par with the sillyness of that thing in FW. A fake beach stills sounds like more fun than a fake mountain to me and nothing could be as wonderful as riding roller coasters while looking at fake dinosaurs. But, I guess if these projects happen and are successful, we will just have to learn to deal with it and let the people who are having fun with it do their thing.

As cheesy as these things are, Houston needs all the fun things it can get. So does DFW for that matter. Houston has a wonderful serious business climate, but it will be nice to see some investing in some fun, non-serious things designed to make people happy for a change that don't have anything to do with stadiums, shopping or eating.

It may be too early to compare fake skiing facilities but, having the fake skiing on fake snow in a climate controlled area sounds more enjoyable than fake skiing on real plastic matts in the real Texas heat to me. If this project happens, I'm glad they are going indoors - skiing in the heat does not sound like fun.

What's next - a fake vacation on the moon? Cool!

A fake vacation to the moon would have been great for the Space Center. That thing is so boring. It should be like Epcot.

About this "Snow Mountain", if they locate it close to Earth Quest Adventures (a lot of land that way), they would be really smart. Houston could have its own entertainment district along US 59. Needs to be a freeway a little further north though. I don't know if the infrastructure is there to handle all the traffic that will come in though. I know hotels will spring up all over the place. Being close to the airport is a plus as well. The pine trees are also a plus.

It's hard to visualize all the things they are talking about building in the article in one spot. Condos? An Alpine themed mall? Apartments? Water park? and more. This thing sounds massive and really expensive to build. It sounds like a resort - not just a big fake mountain. So if it fails, there will be a lot more blight than just a cheesy micro mountain.

That article is wierd though. It doesn't sound like it was written by a journalist or a professional copy writer. Maybe it was written by a fanatical skier or some lowly employee connected with "Ultimate Snow" with the same leaked information that Niche knows about.

A fake vacation to the moon would have been great for the Space Center. That thing is so boring. It should be like Epcot.

About this "Snow Mountain", if they locate it close to Earth Quest Adventures (a lot of land that way), they would be really smart. Houston could have its own entertainment district along US 59. Needs to be a freeway a little further north though. I don't know if the infrastructure is there to handle all the traffic that will come in though. I know hotels will spring up all over the place. Being close to the airport is a plus as well. The pine trees are also a plus.

It isn't "fake" to have a good time. I love Disneyland and Disneyworld and so do millions of other people. You can call entertainment venues "fake" if you want to, it doesn't change the appeal. If this Snow Mountain comes to Houston, lots of people and children will have another place to have fun. What is wrong with having a good time?? And, if this kind of thing is "fake", what do you call "real"?

Who said it was fake to have a good time?

The snow is fake, the mountain is fake. Having a good time on it shouldn't be a problem. What I call real are the snow-capped mountains in Keystone, Colorado. You can have a good time there, too (like I did).

Wow, that sounds very strange!

A massive indoor waterpark? How unusual, yet cool!

They expect 1 million visitors? Interesting.

This sounds like something they'd be building to win the Olympics nomination. :P

I think when MidtownCoog said "fake," he meant a "hoax," like April Fool's. Not fake in regards to the snow.

At first when it mentioned "River Walk," I thought it was the Astrodome, but they would never let them mess up the general look of the Astrodome. Also, if the company is foreign, the article may be translated, hence the bad English.

It's hard to visualize all the things they are talking about building in the article in one spot. Condos? An Alpine themed mall? Apartments? Water park? and more. This thing sounds massive and really expensive to build. It sounds like a resort - not just a big fake mountain. So if it fails, there will be a lot more blight than just a cheesy micro mountain.

I was thinking the same thing. From the list of attractions in the article this building would dwarf Reliant--I'm skeptical.

Guest Marty
TheNiche knows all.

He always saying The Niche write these releases :wacko: like a broken record, broken record, broken record...........

Well, if I remember correctly, Disney wanted to build a massive theme park in Katy (then, moved their idea to Magnolia).

Obviously, that was never built but it would have been massive. This project would have exceeded Astroworld based on the rumors back then.

So, since that never happened, I'm extremely skeptical.

And think about it, what they are proposing doesn't sound like millions but billions. Whatever company planned to build this would be in great risk of loosing money.

Archived