HAIF Super-easy Trivia Contest #2

editor

This continues a series of HAIF trivia contests. The questions aren't hard because the point is to give stuff away to loyal HAIFers, and not to keep prizes away from you. There would be no point in having a contest then.

Anyway, anyone who's won something from HAIF in the last 60 days can't win again so that we can spread the love.

The moderators are not briefed on the questions or answers ahead of time, so don't bother asking them.

Today's prize is:

A Sears Tower Lego set, as seen at the Brickworld 2007 Lego-builder's convention.

Today's question:

What was the name of the JPMorgan Chase Tower in downtown Houston when it first opened?

To win the contest, simply be the first person to reply to this message with the correct answer. You will then be contacted by PM to supply me with your mailing address so I can send you your prize. Simple as that.

ANSWER

The 75-story, 305 m (1,002 ft) tall JPMorgan Chase Tower of Houston, Texas, formerly the Texas Commerce Tower, is the tallest building in Texas, the tallest five-sided building in the world, and one of the world's tallest structures.

Congratulations.

That is a pretty nice give away, especially for such a huge set (so I think)

If it is the Sears Tower, it has to be at least 18 to 24 inches tall I bet.

A Sears Tower Lego set, as seen at the Brickworld 2007 Lego-builder's convention.

Holy _ _ _ _, is this the set I am getting! :ph34r: That's huge?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16673999@N00/623840385/

623840385_f2dd0cd380.jpg

No. It's about five inches tall. You should take a picture of it and post it here when you get it assembled.

I should have it assembled really really fast then, as that is much more managable.

I almost had a heart attack when I found that picture.

Not to quibble, but wasn't the official name actually Texas Commerce Tower / United Energy Plaza?

I hadn't heard the "United Enegry" part before. If you can find a source, I might have to send you a prize, too!

I got my package from Wayne today! ^_^

DSC09338.jpg

Inside, all the Lego bricks were neatly packaged, along with instructions, and Wayne's business card.

DSC09339.jpg

So I started building the base.

DSC09341.jpg

Here is a close up with the Brickworld 2007 Logo. Pretty neat! :P

DSC09342.jpg

Almost done; just a few more pieces! B)

DSC09343.jpg

All done!

DSC09344.jpg

And Wayne said it would only be 5 inches tall, this thing is HUGE! LOL. :lol:

me.jpg

Thank you Wayne!