Binglewood

It looks like a nice, established neighborhood. Can anyone tell me about it? There are some affordable homes but the area (77080) I know can be sketchy. The zoned elementary school is Edgewood (SBISD), primarily hispanic, has a TEA rating of "recognized". Also zoned to the Pre-K called Panda Path. Any info on either of these schools would be so appreciative!! Thanks!

Guest danax
Wow, 77 views and nada? -_-

Probably few, like me, know a thing about the nabe. I do like the term, "dive or thrive" though. ;) My first thought is whether there's an HOA. That can prevent a lot of diving.

Probably few, like me, know a thing about the nabe. I do like the term, "dive or thrive" though. ;) My first thought is whether there's an HOA. That can prevent a lot of diving.

Parrot I don't know much about that area. However, its really close to an Elementry school SBMSA had a lot of baseball games at. I thought that neighborhood was really nice. The yards seemed big and the school was very nice. I will look through the SBISD school list and see if I can find that neigborhood. I think it was around Hammerly and Campbell..........will search and edit.

Ok, the Elem was Pine Shadows, rated recognized. I have no idea what they neighborhood makeup is, but it mostly well kept. One of the subs is Springwood Forest. HEre is on listing. http://www.har.com/5756354.

The owners seem to take good care of the homes there.

Thanks you guys! Katie, I am going to go drive through there this weekend, probably Sunday. Springwood Forest looks like a nice neighborhood.

Danax, they have a Civic Association. Do you think that holds the same water as an HOA? Not so much?

I will try to take pics and report my findings next week.

Thanks you guys! Katie, I am going to go drive through there this weekend, probably Sunday. Springwood Forest looks like a nice neighborhood.

Danax, they have a Civic Association. Do you think that holds the same water as an HOA? Not so much?

I will try to take pics and report my findings next week.

Parrot, I don't know the name of the sub around the school, but if you go by the Pine Shadows Elem. addie I bet you could find out. Springwood Forest was just close by.

Good Luck!

Guest danax

Nope. Civic clubs usually don't collect mandatory dues and so have few funds for defending the restrictions, assuming there are even active restrictions, which still aren't much help because you're then reliant upon the City for protection, and they'll only help in a very limited way. We (our civic club) recently asked the City to step in to stop someone who had turned a home into a business in a deed restricted area. The City actually told the guy that he could petition the neighbors to see if they would let him opt out of the restrictions! There is nothing in our restrictions allowing that, this was the City Atty's idea. Then, when we called and spoke to her about another business, this one a "transportes" service out of another home, she said that our restrictions were unclear as to their restricting businesses. The phrase was something like, "all structures shall be built and maintained as single family residences". She was "unclear" about what maintain meant. :huh: Is common sense sometimes flushed from the brain cells in law school?

City attorneys change over the months and years and it seems like we're at the whim of the individual's interpretations.

Bottom line, restrictions are a poor way to keep a nabe nice. HOAs have a better shot. The best shot is when you have people that have the education and desire to create a great community, and not just live in a house and do whatever they want.

Cute neighborhood. The surrounding areas are nothing spectacular. It reminds me of an inner loop neighborhood, but outside the loop.

I have friends and clients off of 290 that say the commute on 290 is horrible. However, being so much closer to town than those in Cypress will make a difference! I do know of one resident in Binglewood that says when he wants to head in to town on the weekend for a show, sporting event, etc, he can be there in about 20 minutes. I haven't talked to him in a while, but he always liked the neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived