Cheesiest pop singer ever

KimberlySayWhat

I think I found him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mXwkVWmi8Y

I've been rocking out to Mandy Moore's old version of this song (I reveal too much), and I just found out it's actually a cover of this guy's hit (in the U.K., that is). Now, this guy is cute and he knows it, but the smirking, lip curling, slow mo hair blowing is just too much.

I nominate Adam Rickitt for cheesiest pop singer ever.

Please submit your choices.

By the way, I still like the song.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's cute at all. Something about 12 year old look alikes just doesn't do it for me. Speaking of which, I nominate Aaron Carter. I sincerely dislike his music.

. When those NOW c.d.'s were popular, I bought one, and this song was on there. I have to grind my teeth everytime I hear it.

Montrose1100:

I don't think he's cute at all. Something about 12 year old look alikes just doesn't do it for me. Speaking of which, I nominate Aaron Carter. I sincerely dislike his music. Worst Song Ever. When those NOW c.d.'s were popular, I bought one, and this song was on there. I have to grind my teeth everytime I hear it.

I meant to comment on Aaron Carter, but didn't. When he did "Aaron's Party" wasn't he about 11 or 12? Pretty much all kid music is cheesy, to me, so that's excusable. However, I saw him all grown up, about a year ago on TV. He was all decked out in tattoos and was trying to be taken serious as a hardcore gangster rapper. Aaron took cheese to a whole other level. Really, to say it was cheesy would be a huge understatement. It was pure embarrassment. I felt pity for him.

There are just way to many to name.

They used (Billboard Mag) to come out with a worse songs ever each year. Guess it faded away?

They were nomally one hit wonders. Like

1. Torn Between two Lovers - A dopey song about a sexual trist? Oh God! Maureen Mcgovern I think?

2. Undercover Angel - Worse part is when he says "Whaaaaattt" time to barf!

3. Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille now its real puke time!

4. All songs by Andy Gibb!

5. All songs by John Travolta! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

More to come as soon as my time machine mind gets going. Some of you are lucky you "Missed" the 70's. :wacko:

There are just way to many to name.

They used (Billboard Mag) to come out with a worse songs ever each year. Guess it faded away?

They were nomally one hit wonders. Like

1. Torn Between two Lovers - A dopey song about a sexual trist? Oh God! Maureen Mcgovern I think?

2. Undercover Angel - Worse part is when he says "Whaaaaattt" time to barf!

3. Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille now its real puke time!

4. All songs by Andy Gibb!

5. All songs by John Travolta! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

More to come as soon as my time machine mind gets going. Some of you are lucky you "Missed" the 70's. :wacko:

I was there my friend. I feel your pain. :( Did you forget the song Shannon by Henry Gross? What about Eric Carmens All By Myself? Gilbert O'Sullivans Alone Again Naturally. Ouch!!

More 70's trauma :

Puppy Love - Donny Osmond (when he starts whimpering) :wacko: We boys at school would kick the record player and the girls would scream at us!

Brand New Key - By Melanie

She's Having my Baby - Paul Anka (Square from 50's tries to make comeback in rockin 70's, not)

Feelings - Morris Albert - Gotta be plastered to even think about doing this at kareoke!

How Deep is Your love? - No way! No more Bee Gees, Everyone and I mean everyone was fed up with Saturday Night Fever garbage!

Nautious 80's :

Top of the list!

Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy (stick to acting pleazzz)

Tarzan Boy - Baltimore

Hip to be Square? - What was Huey Lewis thinking?

Any & All Wilson-Phillips waste of vinyl records, time and $ (before the stomach stapling gun)

Ricco Suave

Boom, Boom, Boom Let's Go back to my Room - (Its the end of the world) :wacko:

Those are all good choices, but I said cheesiest singer overall, not song.

Are New Kids on the Block cheesy? I loved them back in the day. Jordan Knight was my favorite, but his comeback as a solo artist in the late '90s was very cheesy.

Vertigo58:

Boom, Boom, Boom Let's Go back to my Room - (Its the end of the world)

I remember a boy I had a crush on singing that at school.

Nick Carter as a solo artist was cheesy. Nick Carter as a human is cheesy.

Are New Kids on the Block cheesy? I loved them back in the day. Jordan Knight was my favorite, but his comeback as a solo artist in the late '90s was very cheesy.

I remember a boy I had a crush on singing that at school.

Nick Carter as a solo artist was cheesy. Nick Carter as a human is cheesy.

New Kids for sure are the cheesiest!!! I actually always hated them, even when everyone thought they were cool. I did like MC Hammer though. lol

I know Kim but I just couldnt resist the temptation!

I just cant get those Fanta Girls from the commercial out of my head now.

MadTV did a fantastic satire on those loosers just perfect! There were like 4 of them waterskiing and they were all rotund and busting out of their hotpants and all were dudes! Hilarious! :lol: lol

But Donny and Marie are so cheesy that they're cool.

Kim, I think your avatar tells the story of WHO is the cheesiest pop singer EVER ! WHOOOOOOOAAAA !!!!!!!

953c7220eca0b44b5de48010._AA240_.L.jpg

......and "Hanson" is a close second.

Cute and Cheesy. I think I saw him on a box of Kraft Macaroni once.

Wasn't he one of several "has-been" celebs that wash up on Dancing with the Stars?

and who is next Kristy McNichol, Gary Coleman?

another Cheesy pop singer Group:

Bay City Rollers - The Night Chicago Died...nada.nada.nada.nada.na.na.na (platform shoes & all) :wacko:

another Cheesy pop singer Group:

Bay City Rollers - The Night Chicago Died...nada.nada.nada.nada.na.na.na (platform shoes & all) :wacko:

you got mixed up...

bay city rollers = saturday night

paper lace = the night chicago died

i have both 45's :ph34r:

you got mixed up...

bay city rollers = saturday night

paper lace = the night chicago died

i have both 45's :ph34r:

Thanks for correcting! The shag haircuts are what got me brains scrambled. 45's at K-mart were 68 cents too.

Here's another one quite shameless to admit we kids would sing to.

We had Joy, we had fun, "We had Seasons In the Sun". I'm curling up in a ball as we speak. :blink:

We had Joy, we had fun, "We had Seasons In the Sun". I'm curling up in a ball as we speak. :blink:

that's a good song. i was to nominate the bay city rollers S A T U R D A Y NIGHT too, but decided there are worse songs.

that's a good song. i was to nominate the bay city rollers S A T U R D A Y NIGHT too, but decided there are worse songs.

Heres a real sad one.

The Hustle by Van McCoy.

Picture Teenage girls w/Farah Fawcett hairdoes dancing on tables at local house party with Pink Jordache & Gloria Van Der Bilt Jeans. (I should have snapped it with my new 1-step Pronto camera)

and to add insult to injury, Foley's would play the same song in their "Designer Jeans" promo/commercial circa 75-76. I'm getting ill now. :blink:

Archived