Margaritaville Lake Resort At 600 Margaritaville Pkwy.

Boris

French Quarter Plans $100M for Resort Redo

By Amy Wolff Sorter

display_Del_Lago_Resort_001.jpg

600 Del Lago Blvd.LAKE CONROE, TX-A 174-acre vacant resort will have a second life with help from its new owner, Atlanta-based French Quarter Group. The buyer plans to invest more than $100 million into the Del Lago Resort & Conference Center, its first property in Texas.

http://www.globest.com/news/938_938/houston/161872-1.html

oh, the memories i've had at del lago. i've worked there, had a prom, a wedding, a bachelor party and several other fun times. the rooms are laid out nicely and the penthouses are great. i hope the renovation is tasteful.

A little more info on this in todays chron:

Before the property reopens with a new name next summer, its guest rooms will be renovated with larger bathrooms, flat-screen TVs and other modern amenities. All 445 rooms will be suites.

A sushi bar and gourmet restaurant are planned, along with 70,000 square feet of meeting facilities.

The swimming area will be expanded to include two adult pools, three children's pools, hot tubs and a "lazy river."

A 30,000-square-foot fitness center and spa will offer Turkish massages and therapeutic saltwater pools.

The goal is to upgrade the property into a contemporary resort similar to the Hyatt Hill Country or Hyatt Lost Pines, said hotel consultant John Keeling, who worked on the project

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4934250.html

• 4 weeks later...

That place needs serious help. I had to go to not one but two high school proms at Del Lago. The interior looks like a crumbling relic from the 1980s with a really bad faux-Southwestern motif, and the bathrooms were gross. And the guests looked like they had just walked out of one of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might Be a Redneck If..." routines.

I went to this place on one of those Weekend Time-share seminars with my father back in the day. We played golf, and won a grandfather clock. I still remember it, I also remember that back then it was "so far out in the country!" LOL! Now it is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Lake Conroe resort renamed

Houston Business Journal - 4:06 PM CDT Thursday, August 2, 2007by Jennifer Dawson

The former Del Lago Golf Resort and Conference Center on Lake Conroe has been renamed LaCara Resort & Spa by the new owner.

LaCara will have 445 all-suite guestrooms, a restaurant, 75,000 square feet of meeting and event space, a 30,000-square-foot spa/health complex, an updated golf course and an ice skating rink when it opens in summer 2008. The property will also offer a 3.5-acre swimming pool complex, lazy river, marina and a variety of water sports.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

• 11 years later...
5 hours ago, txtiger said:

nice!  A 20 story hotel coming to that area! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Still thought it was Del Lago after apparently a couple of name changes...

Apparently it's to become a Margaritaville Resort now.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/12/03/first-look-see-what-the-houston-areas-first-jimmy.html

margaritaville-lake-conroe-pr-deck-12219

First look: See what the Houston area's first Jimmy Buffett-themed Margaritaville Resort will look like

By Jeff Jeffrey  – Reporter, Houston Business Journal Dec 3, 2019, 5:00am CST

The developers behind what will be the first Margaritaville Resort in Texas are offering a sneak peek at what guests can expect when it opens on Lake Conroe next summer.

The one-time La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is in the midst of a massive overhaul which will transform the property into the Jimmy Buffett-themed Margaritaville Lake Resort, Lake Conroe-Houston.

Following an extensive renovation, visitors to the resort can expect to find a sprawling 186-acre campus situated along Lake Conroe. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. and Gensler, which both have Houston offices, are the general contractor and architect, respectively.

The new resort will be anchored by a 20-story, 335-suite luxury hotel, which will include 72,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space. Guests will also be able to stay in one of the 32 waterfront villas developers plan to build along the lake.

The resort will offer guests a variety of amenities, many of which draw their names from Buffett’s extensive record catalog. Dining options at the resort will include the LandShark Bar & Grill with boat slips on Lake Conroe, the 5 o’Clock Somewhere Swim Up Pool Bar, the Lone Palm Pool Bar & Restaurant, the License to Chill Bar & Grill, Joe Merchant Grab n’ Go and a Margaritaville Retail Shop.

Guests can also avail themselves of a range of entertainment options, including an 18-hole golf course, a 3-acre waterpark with a lazy river and outdoor pools, pickleball, tennis, swimming, boating, fishing, jet skiing and waterskiing. Margaritaville’s full-service St. Somewhere Spa and a 24-hour fitness center will provide additional wellness options, according to a news release.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Del Lago Resort & Conference Center
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Margaritaville Lake Resort At 600 Margaritaville Pkwy.