Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Proposed New Tenants for FM 2920 & Kuykendahl Rd.

Located at the northeast and southeast corners of FM 2920 and Kuykendahl Road, Spring Town Center is strategically located at the heart of vast residential growth in Houston, Texas. Situated approximately four miles west of Interstate 45, FM 2920 is a vital artery leading to the Tomball area, as well as other developments in northwest Harris County and Montgomery County. There are 115 residential developments in the immediate vicinity of Spring Town Center, and Kuykendahl Road provides access to the highly successful Woodlands

Located at the northeast and southeast corners of FM 2920 and Kuykendahl Road, Spring Town Center is strategically located at the heart of vast residential growth in Houston, Texas. Situated approximately four miles west of Interstate 45, FM 2920 is a vital artery leading to the Tomball area, as well as other developments in northwest Harris County and Montgomery County. There are 115 residential developments in the immediate vicinity of Spring Town Center, and Kuykendahl Road provides access to the highly successful Woodlands' developments. A 207,000 square foot Wal-Mart Super Center anchors the northeast corner of the intersection. Stage Stores has agreed to a 30,000 square foot Palais Royal store to be opened in the first quarter of 2008. Other tenants include Chili's, Bank of America, Walgreens, Wendy's, Dollar Tree, Buffalo Wild Wings, Capital One, Wells Fargo, Whatabuger, Quiznos, Great Clips and numerous other regional, national and local tenants. The northeast corner has a total of 10 pad sites with three pad sites available for lease. The southeast corner of the intersection will be anchored by a 135,000 square foot Lowe's Home Improvement and a 38,000 square foot 24 Hour Fitness. Additional tenants include Chase Bank, McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, Verizon Wireless, Sport Clips, Malibu Tan, Super Cuts, TMobile, Little Caesars, Auto Zone as well as many others. The southeast corner has a total of eight pad sites with three pad sites remaining available for lease. Traffic counts on FM 2920 amount to 22,940 cars per day, and Kuykendahl Road sees traffic counts of 15,142 cars per day. Since the 2000 Census, the population has grown almost 224% in a 1-mile radius. Median household income in a 3-miles radius is $87,056.

New Tenants

-Palais Royal

-Lowe's Home Improvement

-24 Hour Fitness

-Chick-Fil-A

Story By: New Quest Properties

Wow, and there are two 24 Hr Fitness' just down the road practically in both directions. One by Woodlands Parkway and kuykhendal, and the other kuykhendal and louetta.

I'm just glad they finally decided to put a Chick-Fil-A in that area. I was use to going to the one at I-45 and Louetta.

Stage Stores has agreed to a 30,000 square foot Palais Royal store to be opened in the first quarter of 2008. Other tenants include Chili

Numerous local tenants my ass. These are all national mega-chains. The only place I would even consider setting foot into is Buffalo Wild Wings. Boy, they sure tainted Spring when they developed this intersection. This used to be a tranquil area with a lot of history behind it. I've heard lots of complaints from people who live out there, and it's a shame that NewQuest properties eventually found this location, but also inevitable in this era of development. I wish Spring would have incorporated years ago, so they could have planned the whole intersection much better or at least done something to keep it natural. They totally wiped out all the trees in that area.

History of what? The rings on the trees when they cut them down? There was practically nothing there anyway. Just homes and cows.

BWW is nasty IMO.

The strips at BWW are frozen.......not good...Wingstop it is.....

I used to live in Tomball and traveled 2920 frequently going towards I-45....wasn't much back there but alot of trailer homes anyway....

"I used to live in Tomball and traveled 2920 frequently going towards I-45....wasn't much back there but alot of trailer homes anyway...."

" a lot of trailer homes"? along 2920 & Kuykendahl? I don't think so....

The area has a lot of history as far as the German and Czech immigrants who settled there and had farms on the land. I guess I just assumed that it would always stay the way it was. I wasn't meaning that the developers ruined anything that was already there. I know it was just trees, but the trees made for a pleasant surrouding for homeowners. Now the trees are gone, you have a lot more traffic, and you have an intersection that looks like a complete mess. Not only is it full of mega-chains, the stores and strip centers also have cheap looking architecture, and the overall aesthetic is horrible. I-45 around the Gallery Furniture Store looks more well planned than that intersection. If you are going to develop it, at least keep it tranquil looking so that you feel like you're in Spring, rather than just generic urban sprawl anywhere in America.

Look at the intersection of N. Eldridge and Grant for an example of getting it right. There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market rather than a Supercenter, and even though it's a Wal-Mart, it actually fits into the surroundings pretty nicely, as do the other things developed at that intersection.

The area has a lot of history as far as the German and Czech immigrants who settled there and had farms on the land. I guess I just assumed that it would always stay the way it was. I wasn't meaning that the developers ruined anything that was already there. I know it was just trees, but the trees made for a pleasant surrouding for homeowners. Now the trees are gone, you have a lot more traffic, and you have an intersection that looks like a complete mess. Not only is it full of mega-chains, the stores and strip centers also have cheap looking architecture, and the overall aesthetic is horrible. I-45 around the Gallery Furniture Store looks more well planned than that intersection. If you are going to develop it, at least keep it tranquil looking so that you feel like you're in Spring, rather than just generic urban sprawl anywhere in America.

Look at the intersection of N. Eldridge and Grant for an example of getting it right. There's a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market rather than a Supercenter, and even though it's a Wal-Mart, it actually fits into the surroundings pretty nicely, as do the other things developed at that intersection.

I think the architecture is pretty nice looking. What is the difference between a Wal-Mart Supercenter and a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market?

The area has a lot of history as far...

Yeah, they did do a crappy job keeping the trees up. They didn't even leave a stump. That kind of stuff just erks me. But in ten to fifteen years, new trees people plant will hopefully be up.

And it just seems like suburban developers could give a rip about creating things with even a hint of uniqueness.

Past a certain area off 2920 begins Klein ISD.....you make a left or right turn back in the woods there isn't much to brag about...now, the woods are being developed but there wasn't anything worth looking at...I know there were trailers because I knew someone who had one to rent back there..

The Neighborhood Wal-Mart is just groceries but nothing special.....but that area off of Grant is within an area that's somewhat regulated as Wal-Mart is right down the street on 249 and Spring Cypress and that's your typical suburban paradise...

I've lived in that area for 13 years now. They had no choice but cut down the trees. The North side of the intersection was like a lake when it rained. Also, it was mainly pastures with a row of trees at the fence line. I would have like to see a little more planning go into the New Quest property to the South. The parking lots do not even line up - it seems like a bunch of smaller developments stuck together. BUT, the New Quest property doesn't bother me as much as the crap across the street. What's up with that place? It's been sitting there for over a year and nothing has been done. Originally it was supposed to have a Jump Party Houston. I emailed that company but they haven't responded. Something needs to be done with that place. Overall there has been too many small strip centers built along 2920 with more going up every week. There must be a be tax advantage to un-leased retail property as most are not 50% occupied. The Windrose center is completly empty. They destroyed our soccer fields for nothing.

Sorry for my long rant, but I've been waiting for this subject to come up. There was also originally a Home Depot planned for land behind Wal-Mart, but that seems to have been scraped a while ago.

I've lived in that area for 13 years now. They had no choice but cut down the trees. The North side of the intersection was like a lake when it rained. Also, it was mainly pastures with a row of trees at the fence line. I would have like to see a little more planning go into the New Quest property to the South. The parking lots do not even line up - it seems like a bunch of smaller developments stuck together. BUT, the New Quest property doesn't bother me as much as the crap across the street. What's up with that place? It's been sitting there for over a year and nothing has been done. Originally it was supposed to have a Jump Party Houston. I emailed that company but they haven't responded. Something needs to be done with that place. Overall there has been too many small strip centers built along 2920 with more going up every week. There must be a be tax advantage to un-leased retail property as most are not 50% occupied. The Windrose center is completly empty. They destroyed our soccer fields for nothing.

Sorry for my long rant, but I've been waiting for this subject to come up. There was also originally a Home Depot planned for land behind Wal-Mart, but that seems to have been scraped a while ago.

Rackne - in regards to your question on the stopped development, I addressed what I know of it in this thread (look at post #8). I don't have a more recent update other than the developer was going through bankruptcy proceedings, which can be very complicated and time consuming. Since they are sitting on a marketable asset, it was my understanding that they would be able to raise the necessary funds to restart their projects.

But, alas, who knows!

Ah, Thanks for pointing me to that. I missed it. I agree that it is ashamed about My Le as well. When I was at HP we went there once a week and Sam seemed very excited when he started the new location. I hope something happens soon.

Any new progress over here? Is Camco going to be up and running any time soon? Where can I find updates on development in this interesection?

Any new progress over here? Is Camco going to be up and running any time soon? Where can I find updates on development in this interesection?

What's Camco? The Chick-Fil-A should be up and running within the next 2-3 weeks. I believe there's going to be a Brake-Check next to McDonalds. I'm assuming the Palais Royal, 24 Hr Fitness and Lowes will begin being constructed soon. They are in the process of widening Kuykendahl Road at that intersection.

Anyone know what that is going next to Brake Check? Looks like a car wash but has a unique look to it.

Yeah, It does have a weird look to it. I was also trying to figure out what it is.

Chick-Fil-A should be opening very soon.

I was just reading more on the Spring Town Center and they've updated their proposed Tenats list.

Next to Dollar Tree going down to Northcrest Drive.

-Along with Palais Royal

-JC Penny

-Famous Footwear

-Pet's Mart

-Cato Fashions

Chick-Fil-A opens December 13, 2007.

The Lowe's and 24 Hour Fitness is about to begin cnstruction behind McDonald's, Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express. That property line will extend all the way down south of FM 2920 in front of the Kids R Kids Daycare Center on Kuykendahl near Windrose. There are a number of Padsites for additional Fast Food restuarants and Banks.

The Lowe's, 24 Hr Fitness and Palais Royal will open 1st quarter 2008.

Denny's just opened on FM 2920 just west of TC Jester and east of Krimmel Intermediate. I think it is a kind of weird place for it. They should have built it right next to Sizzler's. It will still get alot of business though.

Edited by Chris

Anyone know what that is going next to Brake Check? Looks like a car wash but has a unique look to it.

That is said to be a Blue Wave Car Wash. They are also putting a location at FM 2978 & FM 1488 in Egypt/Magnolia/Woodlands/Conroe area.

Construction has started on the Lowes Home Improvement Store, and the Blue Wave Car Wash is now open.

There's a new Subway now open on FM 2920 and Falvel just pass CVS Pharmacy and next to Jack in the Box.

According to NewQuest's website, the 24 Hour Family Sport center that was to go in next to the new Lowe's is no longer in the works. Does anyone know what happened to that project? Also, on the northeast corner of Kuykendahl and 2920, north of the Wal-Mart, an Academy is set to go in instead of a JC Penney that was originally going in that spot. We need restaurants in this area!!

According to NewQuest's website, the 24 Hour Family Sport center that was to go in next to the new Lowe's is no longer in the works. Does anyone know what happened to that project? Also, on the northeast corner of Kuykendahl and 2920, north of the Wal-Mart, an Academy is set to go in instead of a JC Penney that was originally going in that spot. We need restaurants in this area!!

When the Family Sport was first announced, I looked on the 24-Hour website, and even asked at my local gym, and there was nothing about the Family Sport concept. Not long after, I noticed the plan for the site at 2920 & Kuykendahl had been scrapped. I thought 24-Hour had possibly decided not to pursue the Family Sport properties.

I see there is one planned for Keller, TX, but that's about it.

Edited by houstongirl

Man that blows about 24 Hour Fitness. I was looking forward to that.

My main concern right now is that damn Camco Development that has been stagnant for 3 years.

At the same time, the play center strip center is still empty and so is the birck one.

KUYKENDAHL/2920 BANKRUPT CENTER:

As a concerned member of the Springbrook HOA, I spoke with the property management company yesterday regarding this property. Over the weekend, it should be "cleaned out" and mowed, as it is extremely overgrown. So, hopefully, that will take place. The gentleman also said:

- He will be out Tuesday to inspect, as the bank requires a weekly inspection

- They just took over management this month. Good for them - it seems like they are on the ball!

- The bank's plan is to complete the center and then sell it. They are currently getting bids for architecture and engineering.

- Next month, the issue is the grafitti

I will be constantly following up with them, as it is a concern for my subdivision.

:)

Taco Cabana is scheduled for construction on the corner of FM 2920 and TC Jester across from the new Denny's.

Sorry, coming into this thread kinda late. I was up that way a lot during Ike (they were the only ones with Internet access for miles) and I never saw a 24 Hour Fitness.

The new HEB originally planned for FM 2920 and I45 is now scheduled to go up at FM 2920 and Hannover Woods Drive across from the new Wachovia Bank and Auto Zone.

New HEB on FM 2920

The new HEB originally planned for FM 2920 and I45 is now scheduled to go up at FM 2920 and Hannover Woods Drive across from the new Wachovia Bank and Auto Zone.

New HEB on FM 2920

New Quest has had HEB listed at that site for over a year now. It's kind of like everything else in this area; the strip centers, nail salons, doughnut shops etc.. go in quickly, but the things we really want(HEB, good restaurants, Academy, 24hr fitness, etc) take forever or never materialize.

A NewQuest rep told me a couple of months ago that the Taco Cabana on 2920 near Kuykendahl was put on hold and probably wasn't going to happen, but that the Spring Creek Barbecue was going forward.

story from the Houston Chronicle regarding fire at Sizzler

About a week before it burned down, at least on the inside, you can't tell from the outside, Sizzler called it quits, supposedly never meeting their profit quotas, and just never "catching fire" with the dining out crowd in this area. I never went there, so I can't speak as to the quality of food, nor do I know anyone around here who ever went there to try them out.

As to the surrounding restaurants in this immediate area, Chili's is always busy, Chik-fil-A always has a line of cars in the drive-through, Panda Express did well when it first opened and now is hardly ever busy, Taco Bell is another one that always has a line of cars at the drive-through, Shogun seems to doing well, Buffalo Wild Wings does very well, Quizno's is barely hanging on, Grazi's is hanging in there, Sonic's usually pretty busy, Wendy's has steady business, so does Starbucks while the Coffee Guy is long gone. Can't remember the name of the Mexican place near Kroger's, we always call it "The Hut", is decently priced, tasty and always busy. I look forward to Spring Creek BBQ, as I've heard good things about them.

story from the Houston Chronicle regarding fire at Sizzler

About a week before it burned down, at least on the inside, you can't tell from the outside, Sizzler called it quits, supposedly never meeting their profit quotas, and just never "catching fire" with the dining out crowd in this area. I never went there, so I can't speak as to the quality of food, nor do I know anyone around here who ever went there to try them out.

As to the surrounding restaurants in this immediate area, Chili's is always busy, Chik-fil-A always has a line of cars in the drive-through, Panda Express did well when it first opened and now is hardly ever busy, Taco Bell is another one that always has a line of cars at the drive-through, Shogun seems to doing well, Buffalo Wild Wings does very well, Quizno's is barely hanging on, Grazi's is hanging in there, Sonic's usually pretty busy, Wendy's has steady business, so does Starbucks while the Coffee Guy is long gone. Can't remember the name of the Mexican place near Kroger's, we always call it "The Hut", is decently priced, tasty and always busy. I look forward to Spring Creek BBQ, as I've heard good things about them.

We ate at that Sizzler once. I never remembered them as a child when they were in Houston, and after eating at the one in Spring, I understood why. The food was mediocre at best. I've eaten at the Denny's a couple of times, but to be honest, I forget about it. I suspect they get a lot of people from Windrose. The other one on Holzworth, is just as convenient for us, so I usually head that way.

My husband is a firefighter, and the last he heard, they still suspected arson at the Sizzler. If you drove around to the front, right-hand side, you could see where it burned.

As far as Shogun, I went there for the first time the other evening. I wasn't too impressed. Kobe's, or H.B. Steakhouse it wasn't - but the prices were just as high.

I feel like we're in a black hole in Spring, as far as restaurants go. It's like the developers looked the other way as they were traveling down I-45 from 1960, and didn't pay attention until they got to the Woodlands. <_<

We ate at that Sizzler once. I never remembered them as a child when they were in Houston, and after eating at the one in Spring, I understood why. The food was mediocre at best.

The Sizzlers in Puerto Rico are pretty good. They have 'American' fare, but also island favorites known as comida criolla. Pretty tasty.

I found out today that the Taco Cabana that was supposed to go in at the 2920(west of Kuykendahl) location has been canceled. The CVS store that was going to go in at 2920 and Alvin Klein has also backed out. Why is this area so slow to develop? 24 hour fitness, J.C. Penney, Pets Mart, and Michael's all had plans to come to this area and backed out. I wonder if it has to do with the pending Grand Parkway.

I found out today that the Taco Cabana that was supposed to go in at the 2920(west of Kuykendahl) location has been canceled. The CVS store that was going to go in at 2920 and Alvin Klein has also backed out. Why is this area so slow to develop? 24 hour fitness, J.C. Penney, Pets Mart, and Michael's all had plans to come to this area and backed out. I wonder if it has to do with the pending Grand Parkway.

YUP!!! the grand parkway is the #1 reason. Think of Beltway 8, how many restaurants are on the exits? hardly any!! because you pay to get on and do not want to get off just to get some food unlike a regular freeway.

OMG do we really need another Taco Cabana. Besides the fact that their food is sub-par (and they never seem to have much business), they are already all over Houston.

OMG do we really need another Taco Cabana. Besides the fact that their food is sub-par (and they never seem to have much business), they are already all over Houston.

For fast food, it beats the hell out of Taco Bell, which is the only other fast food mexican restaurant in the area. I also like that you can drive thru and get decent breakfast tacos. There's nowhere else in the immediate area that offers that. Chacho's would be really nice!!