Near Ensemble HCC Station On Main St.

Jax

I saw a sign that said "coming soon" in one of the abandoned storefronts when I was walking from the Ensemble HCC Station on Main to Julia's. It didn't say what was coming soon, just "coming soon" and it kinda looked like the inside of the building was being renovated (although I could be wrong). I was just wondering, does anybody know what might be coming soon?

I was just wondering, does anybody know what might be coming soon?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the same one I asked my father about a few weeks ago when we were boarding the train there. He said the sign has been there for at least a couple of years.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's the same one I asked my father about a few weeks ago when we were boarding the train there. He said the sign has been there for at least a couple of years.

i was going to say that too. i just drove right by there but forgot to look.

The Ensemble Theater

You'd never know it used to be a big adult triple X theater in the 70's :lol: lol

Quite noticeable too. As you drove down the street there was a very tall wooden cutout bare woman (full frontal) standing ala Raquel Welch in (One Million Years BC) at the front door entrance. Patrons had to walk between her knees to pay at window then go in. The marquee had titles like, The Devil In Ms Jones, Happy Hooker goes to Washington, Beyond the Valley of The Ultravixens, etc. Good old Houston, fun days! :lol: lol

Its a CVS/Walgreens hybrid with all the modern conveniences that every midtowner has been DYING to have:

1. Bank of America

2. Midtown Cleaners #2

3. Subway

4. Starbucks

This will be the first hybrid store that will not allow any street traffic whatsoever. All traffic to and from the store will be serviced by a drive-thru - automobiles ONLY!!

Its a CVS/Walgreens hybrid with all the modern conveniences that every midtowner has been DYING to have:

1. Bank of America

2. Midtown Cleaners #2

3. Subway

4. Starbucks

This will be the first hybrid store that will not allow any street traffic whatsoever. All traffic to and from the store will be serviced by a drive-thru - automobiles ONLY!!

Let the ugly rumor mill begin!

• 1 month later...
The Ensemble Theater

You'd never know it used to be a big adult triple X theater in the 70's :lol: lol

Quite noticeable too. As you drove down the street there was a very tall wooden cutout bare woman (full frontal) standing ala Raquel Welch in (One Million Years BC) at the front door entrance. Patrons had to walk between her knees to pay at window then go in. The marquee had titles like, The Devil In Ms Jones, Happy Hooker goes to Washington, Beyond the Valley of The Ultravixens, etc. Good old Houston, fun days! :lol: lol

I have a picture of this place I can post later.

• The title was changed to Main St. - Near Ensemble HCC Station
  • The title was changed to Near Ensemble HCC Station On Main St.

Archived