Landscaper Suggestions

KatieDidIt

Well, there was a thread asking about good landscapers but it went totally off course into a conversation about the Homophobic Garden-Guy so......

Take Two

I need a good landscaper, not a high dollar designer with a website to support. Someone who can do massive clearing, french drains, good drainage and plant plants where I want them. I have designed several garden in my career, so I don't need plans. What I need is reliable labor and knowledgeable planters. No illegals please.

They don't have to be the cheapest, just really good and easy to work with.

My neighbor's landscaper is going to stop by my house today or tomorrow to give me a quote on laying some drainage pipe that I have suddenly become too lazy to do myself (go figure!). He is a US citizen (caucasian), though I suspect the workers may not be. I have watched them work next door, and they seem to do a good job. If he sounds respectable, I'll PM you his name and number in the next day or so.

My neighbor's landscaper is going to stop by my house today or tomorrow to give me a quote on laying some drainage pipe that I have suddenly become too lazy to do myself (go figure!). He is a US citizen (caucasian), though I suspect the workers may not be. I have watched them work next door, and they seem to do a good job. If he sounds respectable, I'll PM you his name and number in the next day or so.

Thanks Red. I'll try to figure out how to get my account accept PMS later today.

Katie, you need to call this guy, Greg @ 713-444-5677, tell him Troy referred you to him, he may charge you double for knowing me, but who knows ? Nah, He is good people, and won't gouge you on price.

Katie, you need to call this guy, Greg @ 713-444-5677, tell him Troy referred you to him, he may charge you double for knowing me, but who knows ? Nah, He is good people, and won't gouge you on price.

Your name is Troy? I always assumed it was Tom. :rolleyes:

Well, it's been a week and I have not heard back from my landscaper. Needless to say, I won't be recommending him to anyone.

Hey Red, I found Natural Escapes..ironically from the WOodlands. THey are going to do all the major clean out of decades of build up and rouge plants, and handle the drainage situation, rework the flagstone paths and install the French Drains. Its a huge lot so I got a great deal for that I feel at 3,500. I am a designer and have done my yard plan before ( which are usually the nicest in hood when I am done with them if I say so myself) and I have my NUrsery WHolesalers license so I am then hiring a guy and two workers at 50 dollars and hour to replant. They are working their way through business school.

I used to do a lot of the planting until my back got old. ANd then someone ran a 4-way stop on me yesterday in The WOodlands and wrecked my car and set my muscles into a spasm..........ugh. Needless to say, If I bend over to pick up a plant I might get stuck that way.

Archived