Need job immediately

Hello Everyone,

I am 18 years old and in need of a job before I start college. I want to repair, troubleshoot, and work with computers and hardware. Basically, I want a technical support job or something similar to FireDog (Circuit City).

Nobody will give me a chance to show off my skills and it's very aggrevating. Although I have no professional job experience, I've naturally aquired my "IT Skills" over the past 7 years. Reason why is because I've always had this one computer that would mess up every other day and I was the only one who had to fix it. To this date, it is still up and running efficiently now.

Somebody, please give me a chance to show my talents! I've fixed numerous computer problems from big to small. I am no amateur.

Well I did their online application but no response after many submissions. I think if I were to call the store itself, they would just refer me back to the online application. Is there someone who I can talk to directly at the store, like a manager, who can get this process jumpstarted? I really wanted to work for Circuit City as their tech job is less geeky looking (cool green shirts and some pants).

What is your hourly pay and what level tech are you at Best Buy?

Now, if I could actually get a job at Comcast, I would be more than satisfied! It's just the thought of taking phone calls and helping customers with their connections gets me more and more eager to do it.

Well I did their online application but no response after many submissions. I think if I were to call the store itself, they would just refer me back to the online application. Is there someone who I can talk to directly at the store, like a manager, who can get this process jumpstarted? I really wanted to work for Circuit City as their tech job is less geeky looking (cool green shirts and some pants).

Now, if I could actually get a job at Comcast, I would be more than satisfied! It's just the thought of taking phone calls and helping customers with their connections gets me more and more eager to do it.

Wait... you won't call the store because you <i>think</i> you might bounced back to the online form? Doesn't sound like you want the job very much at all. There are a million things that can go wrong with an online form. If you want the job, you should go into the store and ask to fill out an application.

yeah, it's best if you go to the store itself. well at least imo it is.

i no longer work for best buy, i worked there my senior/freshman year in college. but i go and visit the store and still know people. some of the people i know have gotten promoted and are now transferred to the best buy on richmond and post oak which is cool cuz i see em all the time, lol.

i know the managers of 2 stores. where r u located?? let me know and i'll give u the names of the managers and i'll even give u a heads up on the questions they ask for hiring. if u feel uneasy giving ur location on here just shoot me a pm.

i live in the Missouri City area. The closest stores are on Hwy 6 in Sugar Land,TX

The reason why I think they will bounce me back is because I did try the application process before (like some months ago) and actually called and went up to Best Buy. They just said they pick from the online database and that I should fill it out there. That's even though I told them I did that. And at Circuit City, they flat out gave me a piece of paper of where to apply.

I just got a call from Reynolds and Reynolds and scheduled for an interview tomorrow. If that doesn't go well, then I will try to go up and speak directly to a manager again at both Circuit City and Best Buy.

Try Electronic Parts Outlet. It's a mom and pop electronic parts and computer store. They have a lot of help your age so they may take a chance on you. They are located on the East side of Fondren between Richmond and Westpark. I have to go there today. I'll get an address for you.

3753 Fondren.

I will stick with Reynolds and Reynolds (interview tomorrow) & champion toyota (called today) and see if I can get anywhere with them. If all fails, which I my mind, I believe I already have the job, then I have to go back to square one.

Reynolds and Reynolds has a tough interview process where you have to take this personality test online and an aptitude test at the interview. They even recommend studying algebra problems and checking out an Air Traffic Controller reference book at the library. I hope I still have the skills in me. I took 4 years of math in school and I hope it didn't go to waste!

Thank you guys for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

You may wanna try Convergys. They are an IT outsourcing company located at Greenspoint. There is another, I believe, called NCO on FM 1960 & Aldine Westfield Rd. Another is located in the northwest off of Hwy 290, can't recall the name. Hope those are some good leads.

Archived