Endeavour Galveston

Mention of this project has been in the Daily News recently

offats-bayou-lg.jpg

endws0.jpg

In fall 2006, Endeavour Holdings announced plans for Endeavour Galveston on Offats Bayou, a luxury condominium community located on Offats Bayou on Galveston Island, Texas. It will be the featured on-site residential component of Endeavour Marina Galveston, a mixed-use project with retail outlets and a marina.

Construction is scheduled to begin first quarter 2008.

For more information on Endeavour Galveston on Offats Bayou, call 281-326-1200

http://www.endeavourcondo.com/offats-bayou.htm

This project is zoned to Galveston ISD schools.

If all of that land around I-45 to the north of Scholes Airport is zoned to Parker Elementary School (Using the prior to 2006 map here: http://web.archive.org/web/20040512003633/...boundaries.html - As the Parker boundary, I believe, still has that specific area.), that is where this place will probably be zoned to.

In 2007-2008, it will be zoned to Weis Middle School. Yet, in fall 2008, Weis will be converted into a 5-6 facility, while Central will be converted into a 7-8 facility. Both Weis and Central will serve all of Galveston Island.

Ball High School is GISD's sole high school, so this condo will be zoned there.

• 2 months later...
Its actually the Immanuel Baptist Church property. The pink church that sits on the bank of Offatts Bayou as you enter Galveston on 45.

That is the old John's Oyster Resort. It was a wonderful place to eat when I was growing up.. It's Pepto Pink now but it was painted white with green trim (classic Galvesston colors) for many years.. It had the feeling of the old San Jacinto Inn.. Big wooden dining room, windows overlooking the bayou, and waiters with white coats.. My grandfather was a waiter there in the 40's. I don't know when it closed but I do remember eating there in the early 80's.

That is the old John's Oyster Resort. It was a wonderful place to eat when I was growing up.. It's Pepto Pink now but it was painted white with green trim (classic Galvesston colors) for many years.. It had the feeling of the old San Jacinto Inn.. Big wooden dining room, windows overlooking the bayou, and waiters with white coats.. My grandfather was a waiter there in the 40's. I don't know when it closed but I do remember eating there in the early 80's.

Before my time, its been a church since I can remember. Thanks for the info

Before my time, its been a church since I can remember. Thanks for the info

Damn, Sometimes I forget how old I am.. lol... I was born on the island in 1952. A lot has changed over the years but for the most part it feels exactly the same as it did when I was a kid.. I know things can never be as they were nor do I wish them to be..I'm sure that the Endeavour will turn out to be a very nice addition.. It's got to be better than a deteriorating pink chruch.. I look forward to all of the progressive changes underway on the island.

Damn, Sometimes I forget how old I am.. lol... I was born on the island in 1952. A lot has changed over the years but for the most part it feels exactly the same as it did when I was a kid.. I know things can never be as they were nor do I wish them to be..I'm sure that the Endeavour will turn out to be a very nice addition.. It's got to be better than a deteriorating pink chruch.. I look forward to all of the progressive changes underway on the island.

Me too mikeybob2! You should post more often, your perspective of Galveston in general is surely more expansive than mine.

• 2 months later...
Isn't there an Endeavour sign in front of the Seawall over by Poretta's Beach?

They will never get the Poretta's to agree to sell, even though they say they will at first. The Poretta's just like knowing people are interested in their property and then they get greedy and change their minds. It's happened time and time again.

• 1 year later...

Archived