1111 Studewood Place

maggie

This property (directly behind Someburger), and its 2 adjacent properties to the west, have been vacant since I moved to Norhill 6 years ago. I queried PPNA about what they might know was planned for the property some time last year and the last post indicated the property was contaminated due to a dry cleaner occupying it some time ago.

I recently contacted Harris County and the City to obtain any information they might have about the alleged contamination and received letters from both indicating there was no record in their files about contamination.

So who determines if a property is contaminated? Why would the City and County not know if it were?

How can I find out how contaminated the property is and what that means to me as a nearby homeowner?

The property was sold to Natchez Properties LLC during this 6 year period and I have done a little research to try to find out what is planned there. This company, among many others (Airline Investments, Buffet, Inc., Pacemaker Homes, San Saba, Corp., L.P. Investments, Inc.), is connected to Joe F. Wheat.

Anyone have an idea about how I should approach finding out about the contamination and the plans for the property?

Thanks, I am a new poster but have visited this forum many times and appreciate all of the information and opinions offered.

This property (directly behind Someburger), and its 2 adjacent properties to the west, have been vacant since I moved to Norhill 6 years ago. I queried PPNA about what they might know was planned for the property some time last year and the last post indicated the property was contaminated due to a dry cleaner occupying it some time ago.

I recently contacted Harris County and the City to obtain any information they might have about the alleged contamination and received letters from both indicating there was no record in their files about contamination.

So who determines if a property is contaminated? Why would the City and County not know if it were?

How can I find out how contaminated the property is and what that means to me as a nearby homeowner?

The property was sold to Natchez Properties LLC during this 6 year period and I have done a little research to try to find out what is planned there. This company, among many others (Airline Investments, Buffet, Inc., Pacemaker Homes, San Saba, Corp., L.P. Investments, Inc.), is connected to Joe F. Wheat.

Anyone have an idea about how I should approach finding out about the contamination and the plans for the property?

Thanks, I am a new poster but have visited this forum many times and appreciate all of the information and opinions offered.

There are way too many entities competing over environmental causes IMO. Between the City of Houston, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), collecting information gets to be quite a chore. And they don't make it easy either--their websites are not laid out in a way that makes obtaining data easy unless you know exactly what you're looking for or are a knowledgable environmental consultant. Good luck.

The property is contaminated. It was a drycleaners years ago, and to get building permits the top 24" has to come off. Wheat has told me he is holding to sell to highest bidder.

In addition, the neighborhood in the area is extremely vigorous, and active, and has successfully affected the commercial development in the area. As such, I don't anticipate anything with a "less than extremely friendly" attitude about building in the Heights will be met with a warm reception at that location.

• 3 years later...

Looks like Nancy scooped the HAIFers and Swamplot. First time I can remember that happening in awhile.

1111 Studewood. Says is under construction. 6 floors. 2 underground parking levels for residents. 9,000 sq feet of ground floor retail. floors 2-3 retail parking. floors 4-6 will contain 20 condos. Roof top pool and summer kitchen with downtown views.

Studewood.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I have not visited this part of the Heights in a while, but I think Studewood Grill closed.

Studewood Grill is the steakhouse concept from Studewood Hospitality. It's located on the ground floor of 1111 Studewood Place at 1111 Studewood St, Suite B and it the sister restaurant to Studewood Cantine.

A sushi restaurant is taking over the 1111 Studewood, Suite B unit. Hiring posts show a dining concept named Sushi by the Heights at the address. I think the former chef at Aka / Aka Sushi (Energy Corridor location) is involved with Sushi by the Heights.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1111 Studewood Place
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 6:59 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A sushi restaurant is taking over the 1111 Studewood, Suite B unit. Hiring posts show a dining concept named Sushi by the Heights at the address. I think the former chef at Aka / Aka Sushi (Energy Corridor location) is involved with Sushi by the Heights.

There is an Instagram account for Sushi by the Heights, a restaurant opening soon at 1111 Studewood St, Ste B.

One post contains visuals of the restaurant's proposed design.

Instagram: @sushibytheheights

spacer.png

• Like 1

The Leader reported an update on Sushi by the Heights, opening soon at 1111 Studewood Place.

"...Sushi by the Heights is tentatively planning to open its doors at the site of the former Studewood Bar and Grill, 1111 Studewood St., Suite B, in mid-July. The restaurant will offer various kinds of sushi as well as a bar featuring wine and more."

https://www.theleadernews.com/food_drink/nibbles-and-sips-local-spots-hosting-independence-day-celebrations/article_de9cc634-f730-11ec-b311-cf38b07eccf6.html