Anyone Live In Panorama Indian Creek?

A job xfer is in my immediate future and Conroe is a option. I would love to get out of the city and found this neighborhood...is it as nice as it seems? Are there stores somewhat close by...is this a good area for kids? Looks like crime isnt a issue?

A job xfer is in my immediate future and Conroe is a option. I would love to get out of the city and found this neighborhood...is it as nice as it seems? Are there stores somewhat close by...is this a good area for kids? Looks like crime isnt a issue?

I've explored just about every subdivision along Lake Conroe, which is just about built out btw, but I've only driven right past this one. From the entrance, it seemed like a solid middle-class kind of a place. It is in Willis ISD, though, which carries a lesser reputation. Being in the northern part of Conroe ISD isn't much better though because the stats below are weighted positively by The Woodlands. Sorry I don't have more in-depth or up-to-date stats (use the tools available from the TEA to get better ones), but this is from what was in my desk drawer:

Conroe ISD - 28.5% Economically Disadvantaged (2004), 9.8% Limited-English Proficient (2004)

Montgomery ISD - 22.8% ED (2004), 2.4% L-EP (2004)

Willis ISD - 47.9% ED (2004), 10.1% L-EP (2004)

Montgomery ISD is situated mostly on the west and to the southwest of Lake Conroe, and it takes in April Sound, Walden, Grand Harbor, and Bentwater. Accessibility is somewhat compromised, but once you're off of the roads around the lake, it gets very rural very quickly.

Hmmm and all this time I thought a school system is measured by performance and eeducational content, not by poor or rich or ethnic content. Then too I guess the drugs in the affluent areas are not a criteria either. Interesting but looks like a white flight outdated way of thinking. Each school has its own unique attendance and should be considered rather than using a blanket statistic. Often the schols success is at least partially governed by parental contributions and active involvement. Brings up a question mark on what we should be looking for in selecting a neighborhood to raise a healthy family. Look at the planned communities themselves. Each one is different in population and schools. The Woodlands chose to consolidate to CSD years ago, a very excellent school system.

"Sorry I don't have more in-depth or up-to-date stats (use the tools available from the TEA to get better ones), but this is from what was in my desk drawer:

Conroe ISD - 28.5% Economically Disadvantaged (2004), 9.8% Limited-English Proficient (2004)

Montgomery ISD - 22.8% ED (2004), 2.4% L-EP (2004)

Willis ISD - 47.9% ED (2004), 10.1% L-EP (2004)"

Hmmm and all this time I thought the schools system is measured by performance and eeducational content not by whether poor or rich or ethnic content. Then too I guess the drugs in the affluent areas are not a criteria either. Interesting but looks like white flight outdated way of thinking. Each school has its own unique attendance and should be considered rather than using a blanket statistic. Often the schols success is at least partially governed by parental contributions and active involvement. Brings up a question mark on what we should be looking for in selecting a neighborhood to raise a healthy family.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. I'm just giving him what I've got, which isn't that much...but in all fairness, it does match up with anecdotal accounts that I've come across regarding school quality. Anyway, that's why I suggested that he look at the TEA stats, which provide greater depth.

• The title was changed to Anyone Live In Panorama Indian Creek?

Archived