Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 19 At 1703 Colonnade Dr.

hornfan

• 1 month later...
I forgot I posted this. I walked by a few days later and looked closely. The poster on the side of the site said that it's going to be another parking garage.

So the garages seem to be replacing parking lots. Anyway, the garages are for TMC employees only, correct?

• Like 1

So the garages seem to be replacing parking lots. Anyway, the garages are for TMC employees only, correct?

I don't know who's actually building the garage (the TMC or one of the individual hospitals on their own.) Either way, most of the garages in the med center are open to the public but expensive (~$10/day). That parking lot was an employee only lot though so who knows.

Edited by hornfan
  • Like 1

Tellepsen appears to be the builder - they have partnered with Morris Architects for many of their garages, and also Ziegler Cooper, Gensler, and PageSoutherlandPage

so far, all i can find for the name is TMC garage 19

Edited by sevfiv

• 2 weeks later...

Today I noticed some new construction at Greenbriar and Braeswood in what used to be a parking lot beside the Valencia Condominiums. Anybody know what it is? It's a good location close to the medical center and rail, but the immediate vicinity is too parking lot centric for me. Anyways, could be interesting to see what happens there.

Yes, TMC garage #19 to be exact, however, there will be some retail on the ground level to support the Meyer Building and TMC parkers taking the shuttle buses.

That's great news about the retail. That stop is always extremely busy in the morning from all of the Med Center employees. It will also do well with the Lanesborough and Greenbriar apartments right there within walking distance. There seems to be activity along the Red Line in every part of town.

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to TMC Garage 19 At 1703 Colonnade Dr.
  • The title was changed to Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 19 At 1703 Colonnade Dr.