Aloft Houston By The Galleria At 5415 Westheimer Rd.

moni

you're referring to the aloft hotel currently under construction at westheimer and yorktown. there are also several other large mixed-use developments waiting in the wings right in the galleria area in prime intersections. i was told that one was around 1-1.5 years out, with another large development at least 3 years out.

they've also constructed a plywood fence around the compass bank and parking garage on post oak... not sure what the timeline is for that property, but earlier (substantial) rumors had a very high end 5-star hotel + condo and retail going there, but this was probably 8 months ago when i heard that.

and of course, with the economy the way it is, i would take all info being passed along with a large grain of salt

• Like 1

you're referring to the aloft hotel currently under construction at westheimer and yorktown. there are also several other large mixed-use developments waiting in the wings right in the galleria area in prime intersections. i was told that one was around 1-1.5 years out, with another large development at least 3 years out.

they've also constructed a plywood fence around the compass bank and parking garage on post oak... not sure what the timeline is for that property, but earlier (substantial) rumors had a very high end 5-star hotel + condo and retail going there, but this was probably 8 months ago when i heard that.

and of course, with the economy the way it is, i would take all info being passed along with a large grain of salt

Well I took pictures of the current state of the aloft hotel and it looks like 4 or 5 stories of hotel on top of 4 stories of parking currently. It will definitely be much taller than the rendering on the sign in post 26. I also took some pictures of the surrounding area west and sw of the Galleria. It has changed much over the past few years. Hopefully when I get back to San Marcos I can put them on my comp and upload them.

Edited by dmoneybangbang

Interesting, I've passed this project by when driving down Westheimer for weeks now and despite the construction and the crane it never really hit me. Not enough to look for it on Haif, not enough to Google it. Usually when I see a project going up I look into what it is...

Guess its cause its so buried away in the Galleria area, and doesn't really stand out, perhaps?

Stayed at a Dallas-area aloft over Christmas. Starwood definitely has a winner with this concept. The rooms (lofts) themselves have just about all the amenities found at a W - 42" plasma, comfy bed, Bliss products, glass shower with rainfall shower head, etc. Lobby had a full bar, a 7-11-ish snack bar -- and a pool table! Also had a couple of computers you can use to check your e-mail. Of course, no valet parking or room service (or any other kind of "service" - which you'd have to pay extra for anyhwere else). Decor was completely modern in a West Elm sort of way. Furniture and materials quality isn't up to what you'd find at a W, but the overall effect is pleasing. It was a bargain at $71/night (although non-holiday rates are surely higher). I'm anxious for this place to open in Houston!

• Like 1

I've had three stays at aloft locations in the last month, and have been very pleased with all of them. The rooms are very modern and comfortable, and the showers are incredible. I had a few minor complaints; the large compact fluorescent bulbs used in the desk lamps are too big to fit completely inside the lamp, and hang out, creating a blinding glare right at eye level when working at the desk, at first I thought there was no iron and ironing board in the room but then discovered it's just well hidden, and on the last night of my third stay, the housekeepers ignored our room. However, overall the stays were great, and at a great price

I took some pictures of the hotel plus some of the area west of the galleria but I am not sure how to upload them. I have a flickr account if that helps.

when you "reply" down on the right there is a button that says "browse" you hit it and find the photo on your storage medium on your computer and then hit "upload" and after a bit of hour glass you will see it listed as an attachment

then when you hit "add reply" it is there in your reply

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Aimbridge Hospitality has been selected by joint venture partners AmREIT and Songy Partners LLC, two commercial real estate firms with offices in Houston, to manage the aloft Houston Galleria, a Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. brand (NYSE: HOT). The 153-room property, located at 5433 Westheimer Rd., is part of a redevelopment project that will include renovation of a 135,000-square-foot office building and two parking decks. The property is expected to open in July 2009.

Still on schedule, but with a firmer date. July 30th, 2009.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They have a webcam here along with a cool time lapse video

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/jedunn/alofthotel

It also seems that part of this project is to add a 4-6 story retail element on the far west side of the land, on the other side of the office building.

http://www.amreit.com/_filelib/FileCabinet...letter_0206.pdf

http://www.amreit.com/fw/main/5433_Westhei...tml?LayoutID=72

They have a webcam here along with a cool time lapse video

http://oxblue.com/pro/open/jedunn/alofthotel

It also seems that part of this project is to add a 4-6 story retail element on the far west side of the land, on the other side of the office building.

http://www.amreit.com/_filelib/FileCabinet...letter_0206.pdf

http://www.amreit.com/fw/main/5433_Westhei...tml?LayoutID=72

nice find.

between this, the proposed mixed-use developments on the NE and NW corners of post oak/westheimer, the redstone redevelopment, blvd place, 5 oaks place, and the light rail, the galleria area is going to look dramatically different in 5-7 yrs... maybe 10.

Edited by swtsig
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Aloft Houston By The Galleria At 5415 Westheimer Rd.