Aloft Houston By The Galleria At 5415 Westheimer Rd.

moni

Guest danax
I wonder how many floors it will be? It looks like a really nice hotel!

I see it's a W offshoot. It looks like 5 stories plus a roof area in the rendering, a hip Holiday Inn. Very stereotypical early 21st century urban-trendy and will likely be dated in 10 years, classic in 50. Walking distance to the Galleria will be a plus.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm glad to see this coming to Houston, but Starwood needs to branch out with their Houston locations some. They already have four hotels in Uptown (two Westins, Sheraton Suites, St. Regis) and not a single location in Downtown Houston or the Texas Medical Center. They're obviously not doing this in the Dallas area, where they are building five of these, all in key business areas, including Downtown Dallas.

My biggest gripe about Starwood, as a frequent business traveler, has always been their lack of coverage in many locations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad to see this coming to Houston, but Starwood needs to branch out with their Houston locations some. They already have four hotels in Uptown (two Westins, Sheraton Suites, St. Regis) and not a single location in Downtown Houston or the Texas Medical Center. They're obviously not doing this in the Dallas area, where they are building five of these, all in key business areas, including Downtown Dallas.

My biggest gripe about Starwood, as a frequent business traveler, has always been their lack of coverage in many locations.

Why Cant Houston get a damn W Hotel!!!! Its #4 in America an no W! but on the flipside Miami an Vegas just got theirs this year an those are very fashionable vacation spots, but that is besides the point I guess aloft is striped down W hopefully it does well an we get a W!

• Like 1

Why Cant Houston get a damn W Hotel!!!! Its #4 in America an no W! but on the flipside Miami an Vegas just got theirs this year an those are very fashionable vacation spots, but that is besides the point I guess aloft is striped down W hopefully it does well an we get a W!

Possibly because Miami and Las Vegas are popular convention destinations.

• Like 1

You have to be a fool to drool for a W.

It's a damn hotel, people!

People do not choose their travel destination by hotel.

Exactly! Houston has plenty of world class hotel rooms available. Any visitor can find something to their liking - from luxury to budget options.

The "brand name" is not important when the product is good.

• Like 1

As I stated in the other W thread, I know someone who works for Starwood and is pretty familiar with their expansion plans. He said the next W that will be built in Texas will be built in Austin, not here. He said Houston will eventually get one, but we're pretty low on the list (as in, not on it at all at present). He also said all of the conjecture about Houston W locations in the other thread is just that - conjecture. All that said, that conversation was several months ago.

Edited by jim1126
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
As I stated in the other W thread, I know someone who works for Starwood and is pretty familiar with their expansion plans. He said the next W that will be built in Texas will be built in Austin, not here. He said Houston will eventually get one, but we're pretty low on the list (as in, not on it at all at present). He also said all of the conjecture about Houston W locations in the other thread is just that - conjecture.

I think this goes for the Ritz-Carlton as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got my Uptown Update, looks like the rendering is just a general rendering, as the final height will be 10 story's, not the 5 seen in the picture.

Also, it will sit at the Yorktown Westiemer intersection.

ALOFT HOTEL

AmREIT and Songy Partners LLC, two commercial real estate firms recently broke ground on aloft Hotel, a new genre under the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide umbrella. the 10-story, 153 room hotel will feature guest lofts with ninefoot ceilings and oversized windows. Located at the corner of Westheimer and Yorktown, aloft Hotel will also offer a sleek, hip cocktail bar, indoor pool, fitness center and wireless Internet accessibility. the hotel is set to open in summer 2009.

Unless it's a poor mistake, it looks like it is twice as tall.

On a side note, this Second Life Virtual Tour is interesting.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

http://www.hotelinteractive.com/hi_index.a...rticle_id=10706

Aimbridge Hospitality to Manage aloft Houston Galleria As Part of Redevelopment Project

Aimbridge Hospitality has been selected by joint venture partners AmREIT and Songy Partners LLC, two commercial real estate firms with offices in Houston, to manage the aloft Houston Galleria, a Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. brand (NYSE: HOT). The 153-room property, located at 5433 Westheimer Rd., is part of a redevelopment project that will include renovation of a 135,000-square-foot office building and two parking decks. The property is expected to open in July 2009.

In addition to the aloft hotel, the AmREIT/Songy partnership will begin renovating the adjacent office building later this year. The office building will receive renovations to the lobby, common area, elevators and hardscapes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I couldn't find a thread about this, which is pretty surprising considering this building is already at least 10 stores tall and was rather large. Unfortunately, I couldn't see what the building was called but it said "Mixed Use". I was driving west down Westheimer and noticed it. It was before York St. Maybe someone can shed some more light on this. I will be back in the area after Christmas and I'll bring my camera.

I couldn't find a thread about this, which is pretty surprising considering this building is already at least 10 stores tall and was rather large. Unfortunately, I couldn't see what the building was called but it said "Mixed Use". I was driving west down Westheimer and noticed it. It was before York St. Maybe someone can shed some more light on this. I will be back in the area after Christmas and I'll bring my camera.

There's got to be a thread on it somewhere. Things like that don't get by HAIFers. Where does York intersect with Westheimer? Can you give a link to a map showing the spot?

York is East End, right? ... Where does York cross Westheimer ??

If you mean Westheimer and Yorktown... it does have its own thread somewhere... Its a Hotel concept by Starwood called Aloft.