Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

It seems weird that the site plan would show the Red Lobster, yet its name wouldn't appear on the list of restaurants. I'm happy it's coming, though!

I think those pads in front of 518 are not really part of the Pearland Town Center mall, and that is why you don't see Burger King, Jarred, Red Lobster or even Gringo's listed as tenants.

In their website, they call it Peripherial Property

I actually don't see Berryhill listed on the maps...

Is in the following Map BW PTC Map

• 4 weeks later...

The Burger King in front of the towncenter opened this week. I just had lunch there. It has a sign that says it is open 24 hours. Not sure if that is just temporary or not. The interior is interesting; it has nice decor that matches the 'theme' of the Pearland Towncenter.

The Burger King in front of the towncenter opened this week. I just had lunch there. It has a sign that says it is open 24 hours. Not sure if that is just temporary or not. The interior is interesting; it has nice decor that matches the 'theme' of the Pearland Towncenter.

It's just the drive-thru that's open 24 hours. The doors close @ 10.

I drove thru last week

Update from CBL Properties......more of the same but a couple of new named restaurants: Pei Wei, Pot Belly Sandwiches.

http://www.cblproperties.com/cbl.nsf/Recen...ni?opendocument

CBL ANNOUNCES OUTPARCEL RESTAURANTS AND RETAILERS JOINING PEARLAND TOWN CENTER IN HOUSTON (PEARLAND), TX

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (July 9, 2008) - CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE: CBL) today announced new retailers and restaurants taking outparcel locations at Pearland Town Center, the 1.2 million square foot premier mixed-use development in Houston (Pearland), TX. Those joining the project include Gringo

Update from CBL Properties......more of the same but a couple of new named restaurants: Pei Wei, Pot Belly Sandwiches.

http://www.cblproperties.com/cbl.nsf/Recen...ni?opendocument

CBL ANNOUNCES OUTPARCEL RESTAURANTS AND RETAILERS JOINING PEARLAND TOWN CENTER IN HOUSTON (PEARLAND), TX

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (July 9, 2008) - CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE: CBL) today announced new retailers and restaurants taking outparcel locations at Pearland Town Center, the 1.2 million square foot premier mixed-use development in Houston (Pearland), TX. Those joining the project include Gringo's Mexican Kitchen, Goodyear Auto Service, Burger King, Jared the Galleria of Jewelry, Red Lobster, Pot Belly Sandwich Works, Pei Wei Asian Diner and Arby's.

I welcome Gringo's. The one in Meadow's Place (59/W Airport) is good. But Goodyear? with all the retail and dining? I understand CBL need to fill space but they better put Goodyear in the back back facing Kirby Dr.

disappointing. guess I'll have to wait for Water Lights to get some better dining choices.

You can always order Dominos. I feel that, if every other dining option is sucking, Dominos is always there.

disappointing. guess I'll have to wait for Water Lights to get some better dining choices.

You know I felt the same way until I thought about it more. My wife and I (no kids) enjoy "nice" restaurants and we frequently go inside the loop or First Colony for that. What happens when we have kids and we need an environment that caters to that. Vic & Anthony's, Oceanaire, Americas, or Pesce is not that type of establishment. Being that Pearland is a town full of married w/ kids type of households, these places will serve that population and thrive. Ever noticed how packed those "whack" chain restaurants are on the other side of 288? The town center is catering to the full family, not just the adults.

Also, for the grown-and-sexy crowd there will be a wine bar type of business in the town center.

I really don't like that plan. I thought it was going to be more like La Cantera in San Antonio. Instead, looks like a strip center. They have parking in front of the stores, so cars will just drive up to the stores, instead of taking a walk.

I really don't like that plan. I thought it was going to be more like La Cantera in San Antonio. Instead, looks like a strip center. They have parking in front of the stores, so cars will just drive up to the stores, instead of taking a walk.

My first impression upon looking at the plan was to totally agree with you. The parking in front of the stores will not only give the 'strip-mall feel', but it will be congestion nightmares. Especially if they don't put any traffic lights in the center, where the streets cross (I'm thinking they may use signs instead of lights for the aesthetics).

However, I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see it completed.

My first impression upon looking at the plan was to totally agree with you. The parking in front of the stores will not only give the 'strip-mall feel', but it will be congestion nightmares. Especially if they don't put any traffic lights in the center, where the streets cross (I'm thinking they may use signs instead of lights for the aesthetics).

I agree with the strip-mall assessment, unfortunately. I really thought this was going to be more pedestrian friendly, but now we're seeing that it's just a huge parking lot which happens to have a few stores plopped down in the middle of it. It would have been a better idea to have green space or a courtyard or something between the buildings, but it's just more parking spaces. Very disappointing. :(

Doesn't really look much different from Market Street IMO. It looks like Market Street has a bigger greenspace, but other than that, the same. Plus, this has residential while Market Street does not.

Too bad they didn't bring the main part of the development closer to the pond. That would have brought a little more to it.

Edited by lockmat

I don't think it looks much different than the other side of 288, shopping center hell. I think it was sarahiki who asked, since when is a mall a town centre? Well, this isn't even a real mall. I can't even walk everywhere in air conditioning. It is too hot to live here, I am hibernating until December, if my company is cool with paying me for that.

I had been assuming that the parking along the street in front of stores would give the air of the small-town mainstreet with diagonal parking, accentuating the "town center" idea. But what do I know?

Basically, I'm making no judgments all at, especially not prejudgments. Except for this: I'm glad that there will be some better stores and amenities close by, department stores, a big bookstore, and so on. Up until now I've had to make close to an hour round trip at $4/gallon gas if I wanted that sort of thing -- so I didn't. Now I have more choices, and that has to be a Good Thing.

From the city of Pearland Website:

SH 288 Possible Traffic Slowdown July 30 - Aug. 3

A large west-side retail development is set for a grand opening of some major stores Wednesday, July 30 - Sunday, Aug. 3, which may cause temporary traffic slowdowns in the Shadowcreek/SH 288 area. Pearland police officers will be monitoring traffic flow in the area, and any alternate routes will be clearly marked with appropriate signage. For details, please visit http://pearlandtowncenter.com/shop/pearland.nsf/index

Traffic Map

Really? Their Map clearly points to the lack of Frontage roads in 288 and connectors for BW8 & 288. It will probably be a traffic nightmare at 288 & 518.

I'm glad I am very close, so I'll be walking to enjoy the opening week.

Edited by Chamo

It officially opens tomorrow. . . Treat yourself! :rolleyes:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! Pearland, so urban you have become!!! :lol:

I love how the commercial does nothing to showcase the town center strip mall.

Seriously a parking garage or two would have helped minimize that huge suface lot surrounding everything. This is the stupidiest use of town center yet!

*Warning* Watch out for incredibly loud and pretentious music when you enter the Pearland Town Center website.

It officially opens tomorrow. . . Treat yourself! :rolleyes:

The commercial is for CBL and not specifically for the Pearland Town Center. So no Strip mall to be showcased here..... but I agree, don't waste your time coming to our side of town.

We'll try to enjoy the new developments in our area as much as we can, even with all the traffic/security/other pains and headaches they will bring.

If a Parking garage is needed later on, it can be easily added in that huge surface lot. Fortunately, we don't have the space constraints that some other areas have. You should see the waste of space my backyard is.